sherman, sapp, mcgahee

B-lo Snow

Would someone explain to me this deal between Mike Sherman and Warren Sapp?

572496[/snapback]

A few years ago Sapp absolutely CRUSHED a packers player on a INT or fumble return. He just blocked the sh-- out of him, and it was kind of a blindsided hit. It seriously injured the Packer I believe.

When the teams were leaving the field for halftime, Sherman got all up in Sapp's face and started screaming at him. Sherman thinks it was a dirty hit and as far I know, thinks Sapp is a POS.

Anyone else feel free to add/correct...

Edit:

Here is the link Sherman v. Sapp

A few years ago Sapp absolutely CRUSHED a packers player on a INT or fumble return. He just blocked the sh-- out of him, and it was kind of a blindsided hit. It seriously injured the Packer I believe.

When the teams were leaving the field for halftime, Sherman got all up in Sapp's face and started screaming at him. Sherman thinks it was a dirty hit and as far I know, thinks Sapp is a POS.

Anyone else feel free to add/correct...

Edit:

Here is the link Sherman v. Sapp

572503[/snapback]

POS ?? point of sale doesnt really make sense here.......i have no idea

Sapp blind sided a Packers lineman as the play was ending. The pay was nearly over, the hit occurred at least 20 yards from the play and Sapp came from behind and to the side to make the hit. It was a legal hit, but there was no need for it other than if Sapp were intentionally trying to hurt someone. Interestingly it seems Sapp has pretty much become non existent as a player since. Guys like that have no place in sports but sometimes everyone has to suffer them.

Sapp blind sided a Packers lineman as the play was ending.  The pay was nearly over, the hit occurred at least 20 yards from the play and Sapp came from behind and to the side to make the hit.  It was a legal hit, but there was no need for it other than if Sapp were intentionally trying to hurt someone.  Interestingly it seems Sapp has pretty much become non existent as a player since.  Guys like that have no place in sports but sometimes everyone has to suffer them.

572530[/snapback]

I watched it.....Sapp did what defenders are taught to do....knock someone down when you get an interception............

the only thing i saw sapp do wrong was react the way he did to sherman.....sapp could have turned the other cheek on shermans aggression

I watched it.....Sapp did what defenders are taught to do....knock someone down when you get an interception............

the only thing i saw sapp do wrong was react the way he did to sherman.....sapp could have turned the other cheek on shermans aggression

572536[/snapback]

From what I remember, I didn't think Sherman aggressivley pursued Sapp. I thought Sapp went up to him to shake hands after the game was over and Sherman blew him off...which got Sapp all ticked off, wondering why Sherman was pi$$ed off at him.

Sapp hasn't done much since, except maybe catching a TD pass, and has become a non-existant force with the Raiders DL.

From what I remember, I didn't think Sherman aggressivley pursued Sapp. I thought Sapp went up to him to shake hands after the game was over and Sherman blew him off...which got Sapp all ticked off, wondering why Sherman was pi$$ed off at him.

Sapp hasn't done much since, except maybe catching a TD pass, and has become a non-existant force with the Raiders DL.

572546[/snapback]

well you may be right...i just remember there being an altercation.......sherman got his atttention somehow and he was ticked

dude i wouldnt go out of my to defend sapp, sherman did act a little out of character, but do respect him sticking up for his guy