I've Got A Sickening Feeling = Jauron

Fast and loose with the facts, soundbytes and spin.

Save that crap for PPP, ok?

572169[/snapback]

Democrat and Chronicle:

Bears in 1999-2003, posting a 35-46 record with one playoff appearance. That was in 2001 when the Bears, led by quarterback Jim Miller, running back Anthony Thomas and the NFL's No. 2 run defense, had five come-from-behind wins and a 13-3 record.

Jauron was named NFL Coach of the Year.

A Yale graduate who starred for eight years in the NFL as a defensive back for the Lions and Bengals, Jauron began his coaching career in Buffalo in 1985 under Kay Stephenson. He had a successful stint as defensive coordinator for the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars under Tom Coughlin from 1995 to 1998. Before that he worked nine seasons as defensive backs coach in Green Bay.

I missed his great head coaching experience...enlighten me o great one?

Democrat and Chronicle:

Bears in 1999-2003, posting a 35-46 record with one playoff appearance. That was in 2001 when the Bears, led by quarterback Jim Miller, running back Anthony Thomas and the NFL's No. 2 run defense, had five come-from-behind wins and a 13-3 record.

Jauron was named NFL Coach of the Year.

A Yale graduate who starred for eight years in the NFL as a defensive back for the Lions and Bengals, Jauron began his coaching career in Buffalo in 1985 under Kay Stephenson. He had a successful stint as defensive coordinator for the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars under Tom Coughlin from 1995 to 1998. Before that he worked nine seasons as defensive backs coach in Green Bay.

I missed his great head coaching experience...enlighten me o great one?

572177[/snapback]

Figures you would use a newspaper with the name Democrat in it.

I believe Jauron will be a good head coach. He is a very smart and football savvy person. He got a raw deal in Chicago because of a new GM or he might still be coaching there. I really don't see why there is all this negativity towards him. The Bears players that played under DJ all liked him as a coach. I think Buffalo is in a good position with the choices down to Sherman or Jauron.

buffalo news.

Jauron, a former NFL player, began his pro coaching career as the Bills' defensive backs coach in 1985 and has been a defensive coordinator with the Bears, Lions and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Maybe he has the advantage of all he learned from Kay Stephenson.

572201[/snapback]

You have to start somewhere...Not all coaches begin their careers under hall of fame coaches.

Why would Ferentz take a pay cut to come coach one of the worst franchises in the NFL?

THAT is why it's not going to happen.

572221[/snapback]

Well, the worst franchises in the NFL are Arizona and Detroit, with Buffalo not quite in their territory. And Ferentz is making less than $2mil/year in Iowa, from what I can gather.

The real difficulty is that Ferentz is basically "Coach for Life" in Iowa, so he would probably want a significant pay increase to compensate him for accepting a job where in all likelihood he will be fired within 5 years, 10 years max.

JDG

The Bears players that played under DJ all liked him as a coach. 

572192[/snapback]

General rant not specifically directed at DJ. I don't care if the coach is well liked by his players as long as they come on game day ready to give their best. Equate this to parenting - I want to be a good parent but not necessarily my kids' best friend.

General rant not specifically directed at DJ. I don't care if the coach is well liked by his players as long as they come on game day ready to give their best. Equate this to parenting - I want to be a good parent but not necessarily my kids' best friend.

572240[/snapback]

Oh...the players liked him. I take it all back. Explains why we dump TD 31-45) for Jauron (35-46) I guesss its an incremental improvement.

Oh...the players liked him.  I take it all back.  Explains why we dump TD 31-45) for Jauron (35-46) I guesss its an incremental improvement.

572245[/snapback]

It goes a long way, a coach has to be respected to get the most out of his players. And i accept your withdrawal.

Oh...the players liked him.  I take it all back.  Explains why we dump TD 31-45) for Jauron (35-46) I guesss its an incremental improvement.

572245[/snapback]

maybe I was not too clear. My point was that being liked by the players should not be a major criteria in the HC hiring process. I will add another analogy - business needs productive employees not happy ones.

maybe I was not too clear. My point was that being liked by the players should not be a major criteria in the HC hiring process. I will add another analogy - business needs productive employees not happy ones.

572250[/snapback]

I userd the wrong word, my bad. I meant respect, not liked.

Ferentz. But It won't happen.

571937[/snapback]

Ferentz won't happen if they don't even try.

LSU had just extended a similary sweetheart deal to Saban.

However, Wayne Huzienga was committed to getting the best possible guy to return his franchise to glory, so he agrressively convinced Saban to leave LSU.

There's no guarantee, but I believe Ferentz could have the same inpact for the Bills. He's young, energenic, a good teacher and has been successful at running a major college program.