NFL Total Access: down to two candidates

Lori

That's basically what's being said locally, Lori. They will probably interview Art Shell or Cottrell for the Rooney rule and then make their decision.

I can only imagine the wailing, if Sherman isn't hired. I'll be helping people leap from the bridge or egging them on to destroy furniture and then their lives.

I win either way. :blink:

I think another thing that we're not mentioning is that one of these guys is going to have to WANT to coach the Bills. I'm sure that in their interview, they are checking out the situation in Buffalo as much as Marv and Ralph are checking them out. It's a two-way process that has to get worked out. Not every coach would want to walk into the Buffalo Bills situation.

That being said, I think that the Bills job is better than the Raiders or the Lions.

why is people so high on bates?even when the offense was going good in greenbay (before last season)  it seemed like green bay could never stop anybody on defense.i know they have kgb but they havnt had a good defense in years.

571882[/snapback]

Bates also ran the defense in Miami, don't forget, and he was the player's choice to take over for Wanny.

As previously noted - RCW liked Jauron the last time he interviewed here. Also mentioned the STRONG possibility that Sherman would indeed bring Bates with him if he's the guy.

(from the rebroadcast of the 7PM Total Access; apologies in advance if previously posted. I've been distracted with a balky DSL install for a good part of the evening...)

About time for the local TV guys to chime in...

571848[/snapback]

What happened to the extensive search for a new coach. You would think an extensive search would mean you actually interview 5 or 6 people, and then narrow down the choice. There are still lots of candiates available but we have talked with April and Jauron and today Sherman and that's it.

Why is no one interviewing Jim Fassell? What about Al Saunders? Dom Capers? Hey, at least give the appearence to appease the fans that you are actually trying to "find the best coach." The Bills are becoming a greater joke every day.

Plus, won't the league be pissed if we fail to interview a minority candiate?

Once again, for the 3rd time since Marv left we fail to conduct a good coaching search and the one time we did, jerkwad TD picked Greg Williams, over Marvin Lewis and John Fox.