Round 3 (from Tennessee): Dominique Byrd, TE USC

Round 3: Devin Hester, CB/WR/KR Miami

OR

Round 1: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

Round 1 (from New York Giants): Gabe Watson, DT Michigan

Round 2: Omar Jacobs, QB Bowling Green

With the Giants publicly acknowledging their love for Nate Clements, it makes PERFECT sense that we trade him to them. They have a late-1st (25) and there's no one they want more.

For the most part, I think it all depends on which way the Jets go. If they don't want to draft DeAngelo Williams (or a RB at 4), then they'll take the Brick. Otherwise, he may fall.

I made it appearant (sp?) in the past that I did not want Ngata. But given some time, i've reconsidered. If Ferguson and Mario Williams are off the board like most suspect they will be, he does make the most sense.

Omar Jacobs is a pick that I think would be huge. Most mocks i've seen have him going at mid-2nd. With the uncertainty surrounding J.P. Losman, Omar would be a great insurance policy. The Bills won't take a QB in Round 1. But a project in Round 2 won't jeopardize Losman. People won't scream for Omar Jacobs if J.P. is having problems. If it's decided that J.P. isn't the guy after all, we'll have had a jump on his replacement. And if he is? Well, then you have a solid career backup or viable trade bait.

EDIT: I originally had a piece on Anthony Fassano to Buffalo in Round 3. I figured it would be a little bit of a reach. So I moved to Dominique Byrd instead.

Devin Hester is a project that I REALLY believe in. Most people flame me for him being on my mocks, but he's someone who could really be something. I feel that the Bills will sign a veteran FA to go with McGee, so Hester could develop and MAYBE push Eric King at the nickel position as a rookie. But he's one of those explosive playmakers that don't come around too often. He regressed a little this year and came out too early. That's why he'll be there in the 3rd. PLUS he can play both sides of the ball. Given time, he'll be special.

Mike Sherman SHOULD coach this team. With Payton and Mangini off the board and Hasslett reportedly as well, there is no better candidate.

Sherman was the man who was in love with Losman. So much so that he had him hang out with Brett Favre and look into property in Green Bay. It was no secret. People were shocked when we jumped in front of them and took him. Sherman will make sure that Losman is coached well and will start him. I think he had a good coaching plan set for him all along. Mularkey on the other hand dropped the ball.

Sherman is a proven winning head coach that has connections in the league. With him here, we could win again. He'd also help bring Grady Jackson in. Which brings me too:

FA Signings:

LeCharles Bentley, C New Orleans

Antonio Bryant, WR Cleveland

Will Allen, CB New York Giants

Grady Jackson, DT Green Bay

Bentley will break the bank and be well worth it. Antonio Bryant won't cost so much.

Grady Jackson has gone on record saying that he wants to be like Sam Adams and Pat Williams. He's the exact DT we need in here. With Adams most likely leaving, we would need another DT alongside Ngata or Watson. Jackson and Ngata would be a SCARY combo.

Gone:

Sam Adams

Eric Moulds

Trey Teague

Nate Clements

Chris Villarial

Bennie Anderson

Mark Campbell

Josh Reed

Jeff Posey

And that's how we'll sign those 4 guys above. We reportedly have a massive amount of money available already. Releasing those guys will free up a lot more.

Mike Williams should stay though. The Bills will have to release him and then resign him for SUBSTANTIALLY less. But he seems game. He was injury prone last season, yes. But I think he can be made into a great OG if he is given the offseason and training camp to work on it. I don't think Marv gives up on him.

By the way, here's what our OL would look like after my revamps:

Mike Gandy

Mike Williams

LeCharles Bentley

Max-Jean Gilles

Jason Peters

OR

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Mike Gandy (He was an OG before Buffalo switched him back to OT)

LeCharles Bentley

Mike Williams

Jason Peters

So there!

Two quick notes... 1) There is ZERO chance the Giants give a first for Clements without ALSO taking your second or third round pick, and likely a later pick or so - assuming Clements is still a Bill come April.

2) Grady Jackson doesn't particularly like Mike Sherman, and is not going to follow him to Buffalo without a top-end paycheck. In fact, Grady isn't going anywhere that doesn't pay him. Well.

With the Giants publicly acknowledging their love for Nate Clements

571549[/snapback]

and when did they say that exactly? why don't you post a link to back up your claim?

i'm sure the NFL would love to know that the giants have been tampering.........

Interesting take...

... but MIKE WILLIAMS??? That passion-less fat pud? C'mon, that guy is as good as gone, no matter how he restructures his contract (which he's already all but said he wouldn't do... "A contract's a contract," says the Tubby One).

Put Duke Preston in for the Greatest Bust In Bills Draft History and you've got yourself a deal.

and when did they say that exactly? why don't you post a link to back up your claim?

i'm sure the NFL would love to know that the giants have been tampering.........

571794[/snapback]

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...8p-323974c.html

I don't see why it's SO outlandish to believe that the Giants would give up the 25th pick overall for Nate Clements. It's not like we're asking for the 8th pick overall like some rumors were suggesting last year (the Clements draft day to Washington rumor).

And for the love of god, please don't bring up the whole "Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James couldn't get a 2nd" argument! If arguably the top corner available won't warrant a low-1st, what will?

2) Grady Jackson doesn't particularly like Mike Sherman, and is not going to follow him to Buffalo without a top-end paycheck. In fact, Grady isn't going anywhere that doesn't pay him. Well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2277901

Defensive tackle Grady Jackson, one of several Packers veterans who will become free agents, expressed support for Sherman.

"Mike was a great guy and I know he'll be coaching somewhere else," Jackson said. "Wherever he goes, I won't mind playing for Mike Sherman. He's just that great of a guy."

I love know-it-all's.

Don't you have to factor in compensation for Ricky Manning, which will probably be a 1st rounder?

You're right about that. I forgot all about that rule.

Well, you've all given me things to think about. I'll be back in a little bit with an edited post.

I look forward to TSW's most infamous of dickish comments along the way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2277901

Defensive tackle Grady Jackson, one of several Packers veterans who will become free agents, expressed support for Sherman.

"Mike was a great guy and I know he'll be coaching somewhere else," Jackson said. "Wherever he goes, I won't mind playing for Mike Sherman. He's just that great of a guy."

I love know-it-all's.

572512[/snapback]

Well, if he told that to ESPN/the AP, then it MUST be true. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jackson, on numerous occasions over the last few years, criticized Sherman and made a big stink about his contract. He won't mind playing for Sherman... as long as he gets PAID. Make no mistake... a sound byte expressing support does not mean that he will follow him around like a lost puppy dog.

Grady's a good player, but he's not going to give a discount for the privilege of playing for Sherman, no matter what ESPN says.

And you can take your "know-it-all" comment and shove it. You think a sentence in some article trumps the last three years of comments, milked injuries, threatened holdouts, and actions from Grady? Brilliant!

Believe what you want. Good luck to you.

Well, if he told that to ESPN/the AP, then it MUST be true. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jackson, on numerous occasions over the last few years, criticized Sherman and made a big stink about his contract. He won't mind playing for Sherman... as long as he gets PAID. Make no mistake... a sound byte expressing support does not mean that he will follow him around like a lost puppy dog.

Grady's a good player, but he's not going to give a discount for the privilege of playing for Sherman, no matter what ESPN says.

And you can take your "know-it-all" comment and shove it. You think a sentence in some article trumps the last three years of comments, milked injuries, threatened holdouts, and actions from Grady? Brilliant!

Believe what you want. Good luck to you.

572572[/snapback]

At least he cites an article. Most of the time, if I'm forced to decide between an AP/ESPN article and a Thorolf post on a message board, I will usually tend to believe the article.

BTW, doesn't every player in the NFL play to get PAID? From what you're saying, it sounds like he had a problem with the GM, not the coach (both of whom were Sherman in Green Bay.) I also wasn't aware you were able to distinguish between 'real' injuries, and those that are 'milked.'

Round 1: Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon

Round 1 (from New York Giants): Max-Jean Gilles, OG Georgia

OR

Round 1: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

Round 1 (from New York Giants): Gabe Watson, DT Michigan

With the Giants publicly acknowledging their love for Nate Clements, it makes PERFECT sense that we trade him to them. They have a late-1st (25) and there's no one they want more.

For the most part, I think it all depends on which way the Jets go. If they don't want to draft DeAngelo Williams (or a RB at 4), then they'll take the Brick. Otherwise, he may fall.

I made it appearant (sp?) in the past that I did not want Ngata. But given some time, i've reconsidered. If Ferguson and Mario Williams are off the board like most suspect they will be, he does make the most sense.

Omar Jacobs is a pick that I think would be huge. Most mocks i've seen have him going at mid-2nd. With the uncertainty surrounding J.P. Losman, Omar would be a great insurance policy. The Bills won't take a QB in Round 1. But a project in Round 2 won't jeopardize Losman. People won't scream for Omar Jacobs if J.P. is having problems. If it's decided that J.P. isn't the guy after all, we'll have had a jump on his replacement. And if he is? Well, then you have a solid career backup or viable trade bait.

EDIT: I originally had a piece on Anthony Fassano to Buffalo in Round 3. I figured it would be a little bit of a reach. So I moved to Dominique Byrd instead.

Devin Hester is a project that I REALLY believe in. Most people flame me for him being on my mocks, but he's someone who could really be something. I feel that the Bills will sign a veteran FA to go with McGee, so Hester could develop and MAYBE push Eric King at the nickel position as a rookie. But he's one of those explosive playmakers that don't come around too often. He regressed a little this year and came out too early. That's why he'll be there in the 3rd. PLUS he can play both sides of the ball. Given time, he'll be special.

Mike Sherman SHOULD coach this team. With Payton and Mangini off the board and Hasslett reportedly as well, there is no better candidate.

Sherman was the man who was in love with Losman. So much so that he had him hang out with Brett Favre and look into property in Green Bay. It was no secret. People were shocked when we jumped in front of them and took him. Sherman will make sure that Losman is coached well and will start him. I think he had a good coaching plan set for him all along. Mularkey on the other hand dropped the ball.

Sherman is a proven winning head coach that has connections in the league. With him here, we could win again. He'd also help bring Grady Jackson in. Which brings me too:

FA Signings:

LeCharles Bentley, C New Orleans

Antonio Bryant, WR Cleveland

Will Allen, CB New York Giants

Grady Jackson, DT Green Bay

Bentley will break the bank and be well worth it. Antonio Bryant won't cost so much.

Grady Jackson has gone on record saying that he wants to be like Sam Adams and Pat Williams. He's the exact DT we need in here. With Adams most likely leaving, we would need another DT alongside Ngata or Watson. Jackson and Ngata would be a SCARY combo.

Gone:

Sam Adams

Eric Moulds

Trey Teague

Nate Clements

Chris Villarial

Bennie Anderson

Mark Campbell

Josh Reed

Jeff Posey

And that's how we'll sign those 4 guys above. We reportedly have a massive amount of money available already. Releasing those guys will free up a lot more.

Mike Williams should stay though. The Bills will have to release him and then resign him for SUBSTANTIALLY less. But he seems game. He was injury prone last season, yes. But I think he can be made into a great OG if he is given the offseason and training camp to work on it. I don't think Marv gives up on him.

By the way, here's what our OL would look like after my revamps:

Mike Gandy

Mike Williams

LeCharles Bentley

Max-Jean Gilles

Jason Peters

OR

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Mike Gandy (He was an OG before Buffalo switched him back to OT)

LeCharles Bentley

Mike Williams

Jason Peters

So there!

571549[/snapback]

I like your drafts, but do we need another QB in the second round? If we could I wouldn't mind getting another CB, especially if Nate is not on our team.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...8p-323974c.html

I don't see why it's SO outlandish to believe that the Giants would give up the 25th pick overall for Nate Clements. It's not like we're asking for the 8th pick overall like some rumors were suggesting last year (the Clements draft day to Washington rumor).

And for the love of god, please don't bring up the whole "Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James couldn't get a 2nd" argument! If arguably the top corner available won't warrant a low-1st, what will?

572512[/snapback]

ah, that is a giants player lobbying for nate, not their management.......so no, your original comment of "with the Giants publicly acknowledging their love for Nate Clements" is a load of crap and something you cannot back up......it should read A GIANT......and by the way, that giant isn't making the free agent signings and his opinion doesn't hold much weight........

stick to the facts and your ideas might be taken a little more seriously around here.......

Devon Hester is a another one trick thug from the U.

He can't play DB and did very little for an offense that was seriously in need of playmakers this year.

He was a great return guy in past years, but this year the press clippings went to his head - which just highlighted his lack of mental toughness and character.

how about we draft a LB or lineman that will actually fill a need?

Round 1: Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon

Round 1 (from New York Giants): Max-Jean Gilles, OG Georgia

571549[/snapback]

So how many starts does Omar get to prove himself?

This team has massive offensive line problems, they need to get down to the business of building a real NFL line.

So how many starts does Omar get to prove himself?

This team has massive offensive line problems, they need to get down to the business of building a real NFL line.

572985[/snapback]

I'm not saying "the hell with J.P., let's get Omar!".

I think we should cover our ass is all i'm saying. As a 2nd, he doesn't have the stigma of being a 1st; therfore needs to be started.

J.P. has shown that he can be good or very bad. No one knows for sure what we have in him. After this season if J.P. isn't the answer, we're back to square one. Why not get a head-start and train someone who could be a great backup or trade bait at the very least?

I addressed both lines on my "Day 1" mock. More OL/DL would be taken on Day 2 and we'd take some vets in FA.