Was Cowher running up the score?

When the Steelers took over with a minute left, I thoiught "there's no way they try to score...they'll take a knee." But Cowher had to give Bettis a chance to puch it in. He deserved to lose for that. Lucky for him, Manning/Dungy couldn't call the right plays to take advantage.

PTR

When the Steelers took over with a minute left, I thoiught "there's no way they try to score...they'll take a knee."  But Cowher had to give Bettis a chance to puch it in.  He deserved to lose for that.  Lucky for him, Manning/Dungy couldn't call the right plays to take advantage.

PTR

568917[/snapback]

Colts had 3 timeouts still.

When the Steelers took over with a minute left, I thoiught "there's no way they try to score...they'll take a knee."  But Cowher had to give Bettis a chance to puch it in.  He deserved to lose for that.  Lucky for him, Manning/Dungy couldn't call the right plays to take advantage.

PTR

568917[/snapback]

Indy still had 3 TOs. 3 kneeldowns would taken 15 seconds. 3 pts and lead by 6, Indy has over a minute to score a TD. You try to score, it ends the game.

No. Cowher did exactly what he should have done.

Ninety-nine times out of 100, Bettis scores on that play from 2 yards out.

Unfortunately, Big Ben tackled Harper...if Harper gets by him, we're talking about maybe the biggest playoff collapse since The Comeback.

Mike

The Colts had all their TOs, and three kneels would've meant a FG attempt. Thus, three kneels keeps the Colts within one score and a bunch of time left (a minute and change, which is a lot for them).

A TD makes it a two score game, with not enough time for the Colts to get back in it.

Cowher was right. It was a no-brainer.

I thought the Steelers were gonna blow the game because they went into the "prevent offense". They were trying to kill clock running the ball from mid 3rd Qtr on but at 21-10 it kept Indy right in the game since running doesn't get points. Had Pittsburgh kept up with the passing game mixed with a few runs that game would not have been such a nailbiter in the end.

PTR

568917[/snapback]

I disagree. He called a great game and clearly showed why he has been to 6 AFC Championships. Note his commitment to power football! I love the way that organization selects talent and their overall style of play. It never changes. This is the stuff that Malurkey and Donahoe preached to us but never executed on!

In addition, they had two very bad calls go against them.

I thought the Steelers were gonna blow the game because they went into the "prevent offense".  They were trying to kill clock running the ball from mid 3rd Qtr on but at 21-10 it kept Indy right in the game since running doesn't get points.  Had Pittsburgh kept up with the passing game mixed with a few runs that game would not have been such a nailbiter in the end.

568934[/snapback]

Right out of the NFL Bible of coaching tendencies. Almost all NFL coaches do the same with a lead.