ESPN Radio

Rubes

So this morning they had a couple of hacks on the air, I didn't recognize either one. While in my car they decide to talk about Levy, Mularkey, and the Bills. What a treat for me.

So all these two guys did, for the first few minutes, is completely make fun of the Bills for having old guys at the top. Did a really bad take on "Grumpy Old Men" (titled, creatively enough, "Grumpy Old Bills") for starters, then proceeded to basically say that Bills fans should not be encouraged by the fact that we have two really old guys in charge. Not for any particular reason, though, just because they're old.

Then they went on to disparage Ralph for wanting to get more involved. Didn't think we could succeed as a team until Ralph got somebody in to run things who was a good cap guy who also really knows personnel. I wanted to reach right through the stereo to slap them around. Didn't we just sit through five years of that? Is that really the recipe for success?

So basically it was a trash session without any real substance. Oh wait, this is ESPN radio. Never mind.

So this morning they had a couple of hacks on the air, I didn't recognize either one. While in my car they decide to talk about Levy, Mularkey, and the Bills. What a treat for me.

So all these two guys did, for the first few minutes, is completely make fun of the Bills for having old guys at the top. Did a really bad take on "Grumpy Old Men" (titled, creatively enough, "Grumpy Old Bills") for starters, then proceeded to basically say that Bills fans should not be encouraged by the fact that we have two really old guys in charge. Not for any particular reason, though, just because they're old.

Then they went on to disparage Ralph for wanting to get more involved. Didn't think we could succeed as a team until Ralph got somebody in to run things who was a good cap guy who also really knows personnel. I wanted to reach right through the stereo to slap them around. Didn't we just sit through five years of that? Is that really the recipe for success?

So basically it was a trash session without any real substance. Oh wait, this is ESPN radio. Never mind.

568036[/snapback]

I used to really like ESPN radio for the most-part, but haven't listedn to it in years. Sounds like they put some clown on Saturday, perhaps.

I understand the sketch and the old-guy bashing...it is kinda funny and the team is certainly fodder for ridicule, right now.

But, I have yet to really hear a RESPECTED (by me, I guess) footballs analyst, commentator, player, etc. say anything negative about Levy and his abilities. I was actually a little shocked by the overwhelming positive response to his hire.

I used to really like ESPN radio for the most-part, but haven't listedn to it in years.  Sounds like they put some clown on Saturday, perhaps.

I understand the sketch and the old-guy bashing...it is kinda funny and the team is certainly fodder for ridicule, right now.

But, I have yet to really hear a RESPECTED (by me, I guess) footballs analyst, commentator, player, etc. say anything negative about Levy and his abilities.  I was actually a little shocked by the overwhelming positive response to his hire.

568046[/snapback]

I heard the same thing...and immediately tuned to WFAN. This isn't the first time ESPN has made fun of this whole thing. I'm starting to get sick of them mocking the front office. I'd like to hear a respectful opinion on this whole situation.

I think the consensus around the league - including these self-proclaimed "experts" on ESPN - is that Marv coming into the organizationis a good thing. Despite his age, I can't find much evidence to disagree.

someone said it here and it is true...politics aside (for me, especially :w00t:)he is so much like a "ronald reagan" figure, that you just can't help but FEEL reassured about his presence in the organization. the logical part of my brain says this probably isn't going to work, for any number of reasons. but i just feel so damn good all of a sudden i just don't care!

someone said it here and it is true...politics aside (for me, especially :lol:)he is so much like a "ronald reagan" figure, that you just can't help but FEEL reassured about his presence in the organization.  the logical part of my brain says this probably isn't going to work, for any number of reasons.  but i just feel so damn good all of a sudden i just don't care!

568055[/snapback]

:w00t::doh: He's like a "Reagan with brains".. You are right, after hearing him speak, you can't help (OK...I can't help) but be charmed and assured.