Hey AKC...You Were Balls-On Accurate About Brady

IDBillzFan

No. They win as a team and they lose as a team. The point is, it's increasingly obvious that Ivan Drago is not a machine.

568030[/snapback]

I don't think anyone who's reasonable ever said Brady is the sole reason for the Patriots success, but I find it silly to deny his importance.

Without Brady, the Patriots wouldn't have won the Super Bowl. But they wouldn't have won it without Bellichick as a coach, either.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone who's reasonable ever said Brady is the sole reason for the Patriots success, but I find it silly to deny his importance. 

Without Brady, the Patriots wouldn't have won the Super Bowl.  But they wouldn't have won it without Bellichick as a coach, either.

568037[/snapback]

I maintain they could have won it without Brady. Just like they won it putting a wide receiver in their secondary.

I think Brady's downfall was getting PO'd so early in the game. I don't think he ever shook it off.

567986[/snapback]

You hit the bird on the beak, Cablebabe. In that first series, Marsha went off at least twice. It was sweet. All downhill from there.

Ummmmm..that post title really does sound like LA is hanging on AKC's jock with a sponge mop.....  :w00t:

568073[/snapback]

Yes. I would love to continue this today, however I have to leave because I'm taking my family to see the new Disney/Pixar movie: The Gullibles.

Christ, it's like shooting fish in a barrel sometimes.

This post is simply pathetic. Are you really that jealous and petty that you can't admit that Brady is a great QB? The guy stares downs blitzes and hits his recievers over and over in perfect stride with passes thrown in virtually perfect postion to be caught...yeah he sucks. If he was a Bill we'd be debating whether or not he's better than Kelly. He virtually carried his team to the playoffs this year....what a loser.

If you're going to post this crap you should at least have some shred of evidence to substantiate your point. I agree the media goes a bit overboard at times but for God sakes man try to look at it objectively.

This post is simply pathetic.  Are you really that jealous and petty that you can't admit that Brady is a great QB?  The guy stares downs blitzes and hits his recievers over and over in perfect stride with passes thrown in virtually perfect postion to be caught...yeah he sucks.  If he was a Bill we'd be debating whether or not he's better than Kelly.  He virtually carried his team to the playoffs this year....what a loser.

If you're going ot post this crap you should at least have some shred of evidence to substantiate your point.  I agree the media goes a bit overboard at times but for God sakes man try to look at it objectively.

568085[/snapback]

:w00t::doh::lol::lol:

It's beyond laughable at this point.

I think the only remedy for such delusional thinking is a winning season for our beloved Bills. We can all use one of those for a change...

This post is simply pathetic.  Are you really that jealous and petty that you can't admit that Brady is a great QB?  The guy stares downs blitzes and hits his recievers over and over in perfect stride with passes thrown in virtually perfect postion to be caught...yeah he sucks.  If he was a Bill we'd be debating whether or not he's better than Kelly.  He virtually carried his team to the playoffs this year....what a loser.

If you're going ot post this crap you should at least have some shred of evidence to substantiate your point.  I agree the media goes a bit overboard at times but for God sakes man try to look at it objectively.

568085[/snapback]

It's beyond laughable at this point.

I think the only remedy for such delusional thinking is a winning season for our beloved Bills.  We can all use one of those for a change...

568174[/snapback]

After Brady's first SB win, many felt he was a flash in the pan, a QB made from the system. So was Montana early in his career. Some might still try to make the same argument today. Yet, to not give Brady his due, is to deny reality. Maybe the Patriots are the best coached team in the league. Maybe they've developed a great system offensively and defensively, but in this, the copy-cat league, if it was so easy every team in the NFL would mimic the Pats right down to Belichek's scowl. Brady is a key component to thier success, to think anything less is pure fantasy.

Bledsoe could have won that first Pats SB, and it wouldn't have come down to a last-second 48-yard FG. The fact that Brady won MVP with 143 net yards passing and 1 TD is the biggest jokes I've seen in a long time. In the 2nd Pats SB, had Delhomme been on the Pats, HE could have won that game. And with the Eagles turning the ball over 4 times in the SB last year, a handful of QB's could have won that game. As I've said, Brady is a good QB, but he's not the reason the Pats win, and teams have won SB's without great QB's.

Bottom line is the Pats had the best set of coaches that's been seen in quite awhile, and were fortunate enough to keep them for 3 years after their 1st SB win, unlike other SB winners in the past. You're now seeing the effect of the departures of Weis and Crennel, and the effect a lack of a great defense (i.e. one that generates lots of turnovers as well as limiting points) has had on their winning ways.

After Brady's first SB win, many felt he was a flash in the pan, a QB made from the system. So was Montana early in his career. Some might still try to make the same argument today. Yet, to not give Brady his due, is to deny reality. Maybe the Patriots are the best coached team in the league. Maybe they've developed a great system offensively and defensively, but in this, the copy-cat league, if it was so easy every team in the NFL would mimic the Pats right down to Belichek's scowl. Brady is a key component to thier success, to think anything less is pure fantasy.

568246[/snapback]

I don't think anyone with a brain would deny that "Brady is a key component to [New England's] success". A key component.

The backlash is due to the Brady-gushing when it's taken way past the "key component" point...and moved beyond the success of this particular team.

Both the Pro-Brady ballwashers and the Anti-Brady detractors have resorted to the use of hyperbole in this discussion. He's is, quite simply, a very good QB who suits his team perfectly. He is poised, accurate and a good leader. That is a huge compliment, IMO.

Why isn't that enough for Brady lovers? I don't think he belongs in the best QBs of all-time conversation ( he may, some day). So what? He's won a ton...but he doesn't walk on water and he doesn't put the team on his back and carry them to victory when the rest of the team sucks. He is a key componant...not a one-man show. For Brady to be effective the other parts need to be working.

Why isn't that enough for Brady haters? Just because he isn't Manning or Elway, doesn't mean he is average. He is far better than the avereage QB. Talent alone doesn not a QB make and TB has most of the intangibles. Give him his due. He is a key component to a very successful team. There are other QBs who may be able to do the job as well as he has for NE...but, not many.

Try to imagine the New England Patriots as the Buffalo Bills. Everything about them is the same except for where they play and what uniforms they play in.

I think if Brady played in Buffalo, we'd be falling all over ourselves proclaiming him to be the greatest football player of all time.

Forget that he's in our division and forget the ESPN hype. Try to look at Brady as objectively as possible and you'll realize he's the kind of quarterback that we'd like to have on our own team. Smart, poised and calm with accurate throws and knows how to put touch on the ball.

If Brady were on the Bills, I wouldn't be pining for Manning. Manning may have the better arm, but Brady is the better overall package.

Manning may have the better arm, but Brady is the better overall package.

568321[/snapback]

Everything in your post was fine up until the quote above.

It's stuff like that that provokes the AKCs of the world. That's just flat-out nonsense, IMO.

:w00t:

So is there a cure to this MadBuffalo Disease?

Brady "won" that SB as much as Bledsoe "won" the Pgh game the week before. Both had major help from their defense and ST's, with each unit scoring TD's for them. And the Steelers had a much better defense, were at home, and Bledsoe came off the bench after not having played for 4 months and not getting the majority of snaps the week before.

Everything in your post was fine up until the quote above.

It's stuff like that that provokes the AKCs of the world.  That's just flat-out nonsense, IMO.

568323[/snapback]

Why?

I mean, it's all judgement calls, but in my view, I'd compare Brady and Manning as follows:

Arm strength, Manning wins hands down.

Accuracy, it's a toss-up.

Clutch/Intangiles, absolutely goes to Brady.

Poise in the Pocket, you have to give this to Brady.

Reading defenses, I would say is even as well.

So I wouldn't say Brady is head-and-shoulders above Manning, but I would prefer to have him over Peyton if I had the luxury of choice.

Why?

I mean, it's all judgement calls, but in my view, I'd compare Brady and Manning as follows:

Accuracy, it's a toss-up.

Clutch/Intangiles, absolutely goes to Brady.

Poise in the Pocket, you have to give this to Brady.

Reading defenses, I would say is even as well.

So I wouldn't say Brady is head-and-shoulders above Manning, but I would prefer to have him over Peyton if I had the luxury of choice.

568337[/snapback]

Accuracy, it's a toss-up in short-to-medium range passes. Long passes it's Manning hands down

Clutch/Intangiles Manning...although this is and pocket poise are where Brady comes closest.

Poise in the Pocket, pretty close

Reading defenses, not close by a long shot. Manning may be the best ever. He calls the plays at the line, for Christ's sake. He's always reading the D.

Brady "won" that SB as much as Bledsoe "won" the Pgh game the week before.  Both had major help from their defense and ST's, with each unit scoring TD's for them.  And the Steelers had a much better defense, were at home, and Bledsoe came off the bench after not having played for 4 months and not getting the majority of snaps the week before.

And let me reiterate that I said that Bledsoe could ONLY have won that 1st SB, with the way the defense played in that game.

Reading defenses, not close by a long shot.  Manning may be the best ever.  He calls the plays at the line, for Christ's sake.  He's always reading the D.

568352[/snapback]

See, I think Peyton gets more credit for reading defenses because of the auidible thing, but from what I've seen Brady can read D's just as well if not better. I'll never claim to be an Xs and Os football scientist, but based on the games I've watched, Brady's been just as adept at finding holes in defenses as Manning is.