What if it realy IS Drew?

ajzepp

I wonder how those of you who are on the "TD is the problem" bandwagon will react when a quicker, more aggressive QB takes over and all of a sudden the very same offensive personnel who are doing very little right now, begin to put points up on the board. I can understand how it's very easy to look at our record and just blame Donahoe. But believe it or not, there is talent on this team - a lot of it. But it all starts with the QB, and as much as I like Drew, I just think his influence has become stale. Sometimes you need a change for change sake, and I think that time is now. We've added talent to our offense and we have highly regarded offensive coaches running the show, yet still we can't score. The QB is the most influential person on the team, and Drew's influence is just not the answer. I don't care if it's Jeff George, or Flutie, or Losman, or whomever. All I know is we need a change, if for no other reason to see what the results will be.

A QB that can move would better suit this team because of its weak Oline. Drew is very capable if he had an Oline that could pass block. Donohoe should have paid more attention to the Olines needs right after he acquired Drew.

I wonder how those of you who are on the "TD is the problem" bandwagon will react when a quicker, more aggressive QB takes over and all of a sudden the very same offensive personnel who are doing very little right now, begin to put points up on the board. I can understand how it's very easy to look at our record and just blame Donahoe. But believe it or not, there is talent on this team - a lot of it. But it all starts with the QB, and as much as I like Drew, I just think his influence has become stale. Sometimes you need a change for change sake, and I think that time is now. We've added talent to our offense and we have highly regarded offensive coaches running the show, yet still we can't score. The QB is the most influential person on the team, and Drew's influence is just not the answer. I don't care if it's Jeff George, or Flutie, or Losman, or whomever. All I know is we need a change, if for no other reason to see what the results will be.

40757[/snapback]

With 14 games left in the regular season make a change "if for no other reason (sic) to see what the results will be."

Great idea, coach.

With 14 games left in the regular season make a change "if for no other reason (sic) to see what the results will be."

Great idea, coach.

40770[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right.....let's just not bother to see if a change would make any difference....let's just keep NOT scoring and wasting another solid D and another good year. Something on this team needs to change.

Why is Drew such a sacred cow.  I dont care if its Johan Santana or Randy Johnson pitching.  If they are getting hit put in the relief.  Why not in football?

40778[/snapback]

Exactly....And a change at the QB position is more likely to bring about a positive result than just about any other position on the team. I don't see the point in not trying something different.

Yeah, you're right.....let's just not bother to see if a change would make any difference....let's just keep NOT scoring and wasting another solid D and another good year. Something on this team needs to change.

40773[/snapback]

And your change (just for change sake) would be to put in Shane Matthews because Bledsoe has singlehandedly caused these losses?

You've been watching some of the 52 other players right?

I don't think so. I think you might be a little too QB fixated.

If you want to sweep all the other problems under the carpet and make Bledsoe the scapegoat for a lot of underperforming players AND coaches then you're going to have a very lumpy carpet.

40757[/snapback]

It IS Drew. That much I know. He's holding this team back.

Funny the best I have seen the offense look in the past 22 or so games is when Travis Brown was quarterbacking. Why not see if its Drew or not? There is only one way to find out. Are you worried about hurting Drews ego? Fug Drews ego- I want to win some games!

And your change (just for change sake) would be to put in Shane Matthews because Bledsoe has singlehandedly caused these losses?

You've been watching some of the 52 other players right?

I don't think so.  I think you might be a little too QB fixated.

If you want to sweep all the other problems under the carpet and make Bledsoe the scapegoat for a lot of underperforming players AND coaches then you're going to have a very lumpy carpet.

40789[/snapback]

It may seem that I'm QB fixated because of my belief that a change at that position will have more impact (typically) than a change at any other position. We can't revamp the entire line.....our receivers have a ton of talent.....and we have a 1400 yd rusher as our starting tailback. What else do you suggest we change? I just think we need a spark....our D plays with a lot of heart at times, but I rarely see it from this offense.

It may seem that I'm QB fixated because of my belief that a change at that position will have more impact (typically) than a change at any other position. We can't revamp the entire line.....our receivers have a ton of talent.....and we have a 1400 yd rusher as our starting tailback. What else do you suggest we change? I just think we need a spark....our D plays with a lot of heart at times, but I rarely see it from this offense.

40795[/snapback]

I understand your frustration. But..our 1400 yd rusher is headed for less than 1100 and he has no TDs. Our WRs have dropped a lot of passes and to say the are very talented is overstating it alot. Moulds 3 years ago, Evans 3 years from now, Reed just seems to lack the "it" factor we all thought he had.

Matthews is here to replace Bledsoe when and if Bledsoe can't get up off the turf.

Why, because Bledsoe is a far superior QB without a doubt.

With this O line protection I think, sadly, that you will get your wish within the

next few weeks.

I understand your frustration.  But..our 1400 yd rusher is headed for less than 1100 and he has no TDs.  Our WRs have dropped a lot of passes and to say the are very talented is overstating it alot.  Moulds 3 years ago, Evans 3 years from now, Reed just seems to lack the "it" factor we all thought he had.

Matthews is here to replace Bledsoe when and if Bledsoe can't get up off the turf.

Why, because Bledsoe is a far superior QB without a doubt.

With this O line protection I think, sadly, that you will get your wish within the

next few weeks.

40804[/snapback]

So you can honestly say that you think our problems stem more from the others than they do from Drew? I know a lot of people feel that way....and I did too until recently.....I just cringe at the thought of having a carbon copy of last season.

So you can honestly say that you think our problems stem more from the others than they do from Drew? I know a lot of people feel that way....and I did too until recently.....I just cringe at the thought of having a carbon copy of last season.

40806[/snapback]

These 2 three point losses were winnable with 1 yard here, 1 less fumble there,

1 less penalty there.

A carbon copy of last year would be a hot start and a lousy finish. Maybe this oline will gel some more and a couple of breaks will go our way. That's how a winning streak could start. I think it's possible to reverse the scenario with a bad start and a great finish.

I'm with Bledsoe through game 6. If there's an obvious choice on the bench and we aren't 3-3 by then, then I'm for a change at QB and a number of other positions.

Let me get this straight. NE put Brady in due to injury, and all they have done since is win 2 fuggin SB's....

Maybe it is Drew, maybe it isn't. I for one would like to find out. But I dont want to find out with Shane Mathews. If Brown were still on the roster or if JP were healthy, I would say go for it. Since they are not, Drew is the only hope until mid October. Unfortunately, if the offense doesn't put more than 10 points a game, our season may be over by then....

40757[/snapback]

You lost all credibility when you mentioned George and Fruitie.

What if it isn't just Drew?

Let me get this straight. NE put Brady in due to injury, and all they have done since is win 2 fuggin SB's....

Maybe it is Drew, maybe it isn't. I for one would like to find out. But I dont want to find out with Shane Mathews. If Brown were still on the roster or if JP were healthy, I would say go for it. Since they are not, Drew is the only hope until mid October. Unfortunately, if the offense doesn't put more than 10 points a game, our season may be over by then....

40837[/snapback]

Come November, the only reason to watch this team will be to see what the kid can do.

You lost all credibility when you mentioned George and Fruitie. 

What if it isn't just Drew?

40851[/snapback]

Well, as much as I wish it weren't true, Flutie did a hell of a lot more for our team than Drew has done. As for George, I only mentioned him because a lot of people seem to be talking about his wanting to come back and play. Talent-wise, he's about the best available QB.

I hope we are wrong AJ1. I for one HOPE Drew is not the problem, and the Bills go on a run. But I need to see some signs of life....SOON!

40858[/snapback]

Definitely! I would love to have Bledsoe start to get fired up and make some plays......that would be the ideal situation. I just think there has to be a point where we say, 'okay, we need to at least make a change and try it'........Reading some of the stats that others are posting up on this board makes me sick to my stomach. We have too much talent at our skill positions to be scoring 10 pts per game. I like Drew, but the team's success is my priority. I'd prefer to see them succeed with him, but like you said, we need to see something soon before the season goes into the crapper.