Just hear me out first.

Spikes16

TD is gone, MM is gone. We have no ties to JP anymore except a wasted draft pick. Is it possible the Bills could trade up and grab Matt Leinart ? I am not sure what teams are ahead of us and what their needs are in the draft. Way of base with no possibility of happening? Bush #1, after that I am not sure. Fill me in please.

You are an idiot, Marv isnt. That deal wont happen. We need all the draft picks we can get right now. We suck!

566074[/snapback]

I knew that was coming. I know its a dream but even with an upgraded OL , JP is not the answer. He just reminds me so much of Tom Brady. Our QB situation is screwed up and I see nothing changing soon. Your right, we do need picks, I just think it starts at the head man first.

I knew that was coming. I know its a dream but even with an upgraded OL , JP is not the answer. He just reminds me so much of Tom Brady. Our QB situation is screwed up and I see nothing changing soon. Your right, we do need picks, I just think it starts at the head man first.

566080[/snapback]

I am so glad you are able to evaluate whether or not a rookie qb with a piss-poor supporting cast is the answer.

JP reminds you of Tom Brady? How can that be if JP is not the answer?

Why don't you head over to OBD and stabilize things.

Well according to Clumpy's figures if you cut/trade JP it would cost the team more to cut/trade him than to keep him on the roster and learn. $1.617 Million to keep vs $3.696 to cut/trade. I just can't believe people want to give up on a QB after 1 year as a starter. You can study film & practice all you want but until you get put on the field it does you no good. All I'm saying is give the kid a chance, even if it's a the second string QB. If the team gave up on players after the first year as a started Eric Moulds wouldn't be on the team. Here's a link to Clumpy's cap page which is where I got the figures.

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...ry_cap_page.php

I am so glad you are able to evaluate whether or not a rookie qb with a piss-poor supporting cast is the answer. 

JP reminds you of Tom Brady?  How can that be if JP is not the answer?

Why don't you head over to OBD and stabilize things.

566090[/snapback]

Leinart reminds me of Brady. JP couldnt win with Hull and cast at the helm. If he stays here youll see.

Leinart reminds me of Brady. JP couldnt win with Hull and cast at the helm. If he stays here youll see.

566094[/snapback]

Once again, head over to OBD and stabilize things.

I am not saying JP is the answer. I just find it hard to claim he's *not* the answer considering there were so many factors working against him this year (Mularky, OL, so called "veterans",etc.). Oh and let's not forget it was his first year starting...

Well at least you know you are an idiot. I'd take JP over Leinart any day. Matt MIGHT turn out to be good down the road (it's possible), but I have my doubts. One of the reasons i was happy with the JP pick is I saw no good QBs the next two years (last year and this year).

You heard it right here first:

Matt Leinart is going to be an NFL bust.

Woe is the dumbass team that wastes a pick on this guy.

566193[/snapback]

I wouldn't say bust but I really do not like his throwing motion.....watching him against Texas made me feel like he was WAY overrated!

TD is gone, MM is gone. We have no ties to JP anymore except a wasted draft pick. Is it possible the Bills could trade up and grab Matt Leinart ? I am not sure what teams are ahead of us and what their needs are in the draft. Way of base with no possibility of happening? Bush #1, after that I am not sure. Fill me in please.

566061[/snapback]

Lets put it this way: Ive heard WAY worse here on this board...only thing is not sure if Leinart would be a good fit in Buffalo over the long haul.

566080[/snapback]

FLMAO!!! :lol:

When was the freakin line upgraded? :doh:

When DB was cut? :pirate:

Don't throw JP under the bus until he can show us what he can/can't do in this league!!! :lol:

wow Leinert = Akili Smith? That's terrible. I think Leinert has shown an ability to read defenses and isn't afraid to change plays in big situations when he recognizes something. He has instincts like Peyton Manning has instincts, oh yeah and he won big games not like PM. He's a classic pocket passer with just enough mobility to escape some pressure just like Marcia. If you don't like Leinert's throwing fundamentals then i shall hear nothing of Vince Young being anything but the most overrated player to hit the NFL draft. If I had to make a choice between one or the other I take Leinert everyday of the week and twice on sunday, but I also think JP has some raw potential that won't show until we put a good line in front of him and a decent offensive scheme.

Come on, give the kid a break. Within some more games under his belt and the right coaches, he could be the next Kyle Boller.

566357[/snapback]

My point exactly. Yea, Leinert is a bust. He hasnt won any big games in college. He is a winner. Something we lack heavily at OBD. I have no confidence in JP's future here. I watch Bills football just like the rest of you and granted he deserves more playing time for a better assessment of his skills and future with the Bills plus a better line, but from what I have seen and heard come from his mouth, I am not eager to see his future here.

My point exactly. Yea, Leinert is a bust. He hasnt won any big games in college. He is a winner. Something we lack heavily at OBD. I have no confidence in JP's future here. I watch Bills football just like the rest of you and granted he deserves more playing time for a better assessment of his skills and future with the Bills plus a better line, but from what I have seen and heard come from his mouth, I am not eager to see his future here.

566381[/snapback]

yo...what are you doing up so late?