We have 3-4 years of losing coming.....

Spikes16

1. JP is still a rookie with this past years debacle and not enough playing time.

2. O- line has to be totally remade.

3. Defense took a major step backwards.

4. Coach still doesnt know what he wants as far as a power running game.

5. Willis showed no progress. Not even sure if he wants to be here.

6.Unproven GM.

We have atleast 3-4 years of no playoffs ahead of us. Guaranteed.

1. JP is still a rookie with this past years debacle and not enough playing time.

6.Unproven GM.

562456[/snapback]

I think we just need to get cheerleaders with the biggest TUBES......and then everything will fall into place!

I agree with your assessment. Look closely at what TD has achieved in the draft over the past five years. He's found six players who have proven worthy of being starters:

-McGee

-Clements

-Crowell

-Schobel

-Evans

-McGahee

Of those six, none have proven they will be above-average for NFL starters, and only one player--Schobel--plays on one of the three most critical positions (OL, DL, QB). Losman may well be a bust. Consider that, before replacing Bledsoe with a younger and more mobile Losman, TD decided to replace Neil O'Donnell with a younger and more mobile Kordell Stewart. Also bear in mind that TD wasn't the Steelers' GM when they picked O'Donnell in the first place.

While it's too early to officially declare Losman our Kordell Stewart, I have to say I'm worried. If this team doesn't have a QB--which may well be the case--Ralph will probably die before the Bills next get to the Super Bowl.

I agree with your assessment. Look closely at what TD has achieved in the draft over the past five years. He's found six players who have proven worthy of being starters:

-McGee

-Clements

-Crowell

-Schobel

-Evans

-McGahee

Of those six, none have proven they will be above-average for NFL starters, and only one player--Schobel--plays on one of the three most critical positions (OL, DL, QB). Losman may well be a bust. Consider that, before replacing Bledsoe with a younger and more mobile Losman, TD decided to replace Neil O'Donnell with a younger and more mobile Kordell Stewart. Also bear in mind that TD wasn't the Steelers' GM when they picked O'Donnell in the first place.

While it's too early to officially declare Losman our Kordell Stewart, I have to say I'm worried. If this team doesn't have a QB--which may well be the case--Ralph will probably die before the Bills next get to the Super Bowl.

562482[/snapback]

Unfortunately, when one compares the main contention of this post to reality the two are different.

The average starter does not make the Pro Bowl so I think off the top McGee and Clements have exceeded your claim that none of the starters are above average. Perhaps you want to split the hair and point out that McGee got there for his KR work and not for being a starter at CB and claim Clements made it last year due to his PR work.

This technical consideration would reduce your claim to being one about these players merely at one position and not about them as football players for the Bills team.

Perhaps, you want to not "count" Clements making the Pro Bowl last year by claiming the first four years were fake Clements and last year was the real Clements and will descibe his play forever. Yeah right.

McGahee is another indictment on your part which simply does not match the facts. It's hard to see how you figure that an RB who reaches 2000 yards gained running is an average or below average RB since he did this faster than Thurman, OJ or any other Bill. This claim would not seem to come from McGahee finishing well above average in yardage gained rushing by an RB this year.

Folks should certainly be disappointed that he seemed to give up in the second half of the season after he put up blistering numbers in the first half, but the OL issues rather than just assessment of him as an individual or injury issues (if any) rather than a broad-based assessmwnt of his talent or future actions would seem warranted.

I agree that Crowell has not proven to be above average as a starter yet. However, who cares as this youngster is not a starter (yet). He clearly has proven that he is better than exactly what he was drafted to be which is a 3rd round LB who can be a leader on a good ST unit and a very credible back-up if worse comes to worse.

It did as Spikes got hurt, but I think Crowell clearly merited the long-yerm deal he got and the big question is that will Spikes come back and then will Crowell be a competent (and it is to be hoped better than the average player but if Spikes and Fletcher play like they did he does not have to be great to make this one of the best LB corps in the NFL) replacement for Posey,

Schobel finished well in the top 10 for sack numbers and the thing most impressive about this accomplishment was that in the LeBeau zone-blitz he was actually in short zone pass coverage a lot and still finished in double digit for sack numbers. I think his play at DE is quite easily above average. Not only will Schobel surpass the career span of the average NFL player by the end of this contract he will easily exceed the average career span with the same team,

Perhaps the most defensible case you have among the players you identify as not being better than average as a starter is Evans. However, who cares as he enters his third year. His production in his first two years so exceeds that of consistent Pro Bowler and team leaders Eric Moulds it isn't even close.

You conclusions simply make no sense.

6.Unproven GM.

562456[/snapback]

1. look at the second years of Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Carson Palmer, so lets be optimistic

2. The Giants have had to re-make their offensive line every year, along with the patriots, and look at what tiki barber did this year, so lets be optimistic

3. the defense did take a step backwards, but we still have the core players that made it great in the first place, so lets be optimistic

4. Marv is unproven as a GM, but he is a great leader and motivator as well as the face of an organization, and.... could he really do that much worse than donahoe? so lets be optimistic

I think what ans4e64 is saying is that we need to be optomistic....but I could be wrong :flirt:

true...but one can only hope that the reason for his lack of playingtime is now gone or if not gone has been told to let the kid play

also true....but other teams ahve done the same and improved the same year

true again....but I think it was more of a stutter step backwards and with the addition of 1 or 2 good DT's and maybe a pass rushing DE to compliment Schobel we will start to move forward again.

hmmm...dont really have an answer for this one...we'll have to see how much of what MM did was TD or MM... plus we dont know who will be the next OC and how he will run the offense...

this one bewilders me...why come out and say your the best in NFL then sit and look like your bored and want to go home...but with so many ??'s on why he looked so bad in the second half we'll have to just sit and wait till next year to find out...if the o-line gets revamped and our next OC gives him 20+ carries a game and he still looks like hed rather be somewhere else than the bills will deal with him accordingly..until then I think he was just fed up with a bad o-line and couldnt say anything about it.

6.Unproven GM.

unproven as a GM....but not unproven

This will be JPs make or break year....

562679[/snapback]

To someone without a clue, like yourself for example, maybe that is the case.

Anyone with half a clue, realizes that until you give this kid tools to work with, we will never be able to gauge his talent.

Upgrade the o-line, or we'll never have a QB worth of starting here, especially with the moron hot pocket crowd.

To someone without a clue,  like yourself for example,  maybe that is the case.

Anyone with half a clue,  realizes that until you give this kid tools to work with,  we will never be able to gauge his talent.

Upgrade the o-line,  or we'll never have a QB worth of starting here,  especially with the moron hot pocket crowd.

562966[/snapback]

before you insult someone atleast come up with a better argument so you don't allow yourself to look like an idiot as well

:P

If they stop making "WTF?" first-round picks, clean a little house, figure out that completing seven or eight passes per game to a rb or te helps, spend a dime or two on a new safety, and stop lining up cb's ten yards off of the line of scrimmage all game long, '07 looks good to me. :P