The top ten in the draft could look...

Stl Bills

As do many on this board I start speculating on possible draft picks the day after the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs but lets not forget that it is only January. The combine has a big effect on who goes where and can either make or break certain players, not to mention some player's stock seem to either sky rocket or sink in the days leading up to the draft. I remember Troy Williamson was seen as a late first rounder who snuck into the top ten. Who knows, maybe when April roles around Da Brick will seem like a real option at number 8, maybe not. All I'm saying is that it is early and things can change.

As do many on this board I start speculating on possible draft picks the day after the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs but lets not forget that it is only January.  The combine has a big effect on who goes where and can either make or break certain players, not to mention some player's stock seem to either sky rocket  or sink in the days leading up to the draft.  I remember Troy Williamson was seen as a late first rounder who snuck into the top ten.  Who knows, maybe when April roles around Da Brick will seem like a real option at number 8, maybe not.  All I'm saying is that it is early and things can change.

560685[/snapback]

Good point. I think we will see quite a bit of fluctuation, and there may be new parties in the mix with underclassmen declaring for the draft. Brick might possibly make it to eighth, as another poster pointed out even with the draft as it stands today. Until he imploded I though Marcus Vick might break into the top ten (I think he has moved to a very risky high second round pick for someone and going down by the moment.)

Good point.  I think we will see quite a bit of fluctuation, and there may be new parties in the mix with underclassmen declaring for the draft.  Brick might possibly make it to eighth, as another poster pointed out even with the draft as it stands today.  Until he imploded I though Marcus Vick might break into the top ten (I think he has moved to a very risky high second round pick for someone and going down by the moment.)

560823[/snapback]

Vick in the top 10?

He could have been a 2nd round pick if he was lucky before all this, now he probably won't even be drafted.

Vick in the top 10?

He could have been a 2nd round pick if he was lucky before all this, now he probably won't even be drafted.

560878[/snapback]

Vick wil be drafted. some team will take a chance on him, most likely earlier than later. the same was said about maurice clarett after his terrible workout last year. people said 6th-7th round, or undrafted, i won a bet that he'd be drafted on day 1 of the draft.

Sure people are trashing vick now, but let him go to the combine, put up some gaudy numbers, run a 4.4 40 time, and watch his stock skyrocket with a few teams who think they can "work with" him...

The list of players "coming out of nowhere" is a long one, but try Phillip Rivers lately and Dewayne Robertson to the Jets a few years ago. This years mover seems to be Jay Cutler, the QB from Vanderbilt. The "poster boy" for combine impression was DE Mike Mamula out of Boston College, who shot up the charts and was taken by the Philadelphia Eagles in the top ten! Mamula was a huge bust as a first rounder.

The list of players "coming out of nowhere" is a long one, but try Phillip Rivers lately and Dewayne Robertson to the Jets a few years ago. This years mover seems to be Jay Cutler, the QB from Vanderbilt. The "poster boy" for combine impression was DE Mike Mamula out of Boston College, who shot up the charts and was taken by the Philadelphia Eagles in the top ten! Mamula was a huge bust as a first rounder.

560982[/snapback]

I remember Mamula, another high motor guy who was supposed to be a "workout warrior" and was supposed to be extremely strong at the point of attack. He had bust written all over him, although it's a lot easier to say that now.