How does the draft change.......

sven233

How does the draft change now that Young has officially declared that he is entering?

I see Bush, Leinart, and Young being the top 3 picks......that leaves 4 more players that will go before us. Here are the other guys I think will be gone:

DA BRICK

AJ HAWK

MARIO WILLIAMS

JIMMY WILLIAMS

With that said, I am not sure who I would pick. Everyone knows that I want the DA BRICK, but there is no chance he is there. I know the other popular pick around here is Ngata.........I personally don't think he is worth a top 10 pick.....probably a mid rounder at best. I am just not impressed with him. So, I am hoping that he is either gone before our pick or we don't go near him if he is there. If this is the case and these are the guys off the board, I am definately looking to trade down and aquire more picks...

Where do you guys see all this going now that Young is officially in?

Try this, Mike Williams and #8 for #2, 3 or 4.

Can you say cap room? Besides, how many games has MW palyed completely since we got him?

559553[/snapback]

who the hell wants mike williams? do you agree that we have the worst line in football? if we dont need him, then who does? hahaha :doh:

How does the draft change now that Young has officially declared that he is entering? 

I see Bush, Leinart, and Young being the top 3 picks......that leaves 4 more players that will go before us.  Here are the other guys I think will be gone:

DA BRICK

AJ HAWK

MARIO WILLIAMS

JIMMY WILLIAMS

With that said, I am not sure who I would pick.  Everyone knows that I want the DA BRICK, but there is no chance he is there.  I know the other popular pick around here is Ngata.........I personally don't think he is worth a top 10 pick.....probably a mid rounder at best.  I am just not impressed with him.  So, I am hoping that he is either gone before our pick or we don't go near him if he is there.  If this is the case and these are the guys off the board, I am definately looking to trade down and aquire more picks...

Where do you guys see all this going now that Young is officially in?

559544[/snapback]

If any of those four players drop to us, I think we'll take them at #8. Obviously D. Ferguson would be the best for our team if he slides to us at #8.

As of right now, and this is pre-combines, looking at the current draft board, I'm very interested in trading down a few spots and hopefully grabbing a decent pick or 2 to go along with the a mid first rounder.

I like Ngata, but not at #8 and with players like Gabe Watson and Rodrique Wright also in this draft I grabbing a DL at #8 might be a mistake. Same with OL, #8 is too high to grab a lineman unless D'Brick is available

I really like Jimmy Williams, especially if we lose Clements and can't find a deal to trade down. Michael Huff wouldnt be a bad pick either at #8.

With that said, the combines dont start til February 22 and I think it is too difficult to really create a draft strategy until the senior games have been played and the combines are complete and you get a little better look at the FA picture.