My Dream Offseason...

Cuts

Mike Williams (we save 5.5 mill. and he isn't worth it)

Sam Adams ( I believe we save somwhere aroung 2.9 mill. and I don't think he wants to be here even though I still feel that he is a good player.

Jeff Posey (We save almost 2 mill. and Crowell came on at the end of the year.)

Mark Campbell (I think we save something like 1.7 mill. if we cut him)

Lawyer Milloy (We save nearly 3 mill be letting him go. He has lost too much and is over the hill in my opinion)

Restructure

Eric Moulds (I'm hoping he restructures to a much more friendly cap number so that we can keep him)

Franchie Nate (It's only 5.1 mill. to keep him for this year, and that isn't too bad)

FA Accquisitions

Adam Archuleta

Lecharles Bentley

Chris Hovan

Draft

1st round: H. Ngata

2nd round: Eric Winston, or if he isn't available the next best tackle.

3rd round: Jason Spitz from Louisville or Taitusi Lutui from USC. Both are guards and they are the #1 and 2 ranked seniors by Kiper. Kiper expects Spitz to be drafted late 2nd to early 3rd, and Taitusi in the 3rd.

3rd Round (from Tennessee): . Dwayne Slay, a FS from Texas Tech or D'Qwell Jackson, a LB from Maryland. Slay is a hard hitter who's big and can run. He's expected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round. If he isn't there I'de go with Jackson if he is there. He is also expected to go in the 2nd or 3rd, and the only knock about him is that he is a bit small. He's very similar to Crowell when he came out.

This is what my team would like next year:

QB: Losman

RB: McGahee, cheap FA RB like N. Davenport

FB: D. Shelton

WR: Moulds, Evans, Parrish

TE: Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus

LT: Eric Winston (2nd rounder)

LG: Jason Spitz (3nd rounder) and Mike Gandy can battle it out for the starting job

C: Lecharles Bentley (FA)

RG: Chris Villarrial and Duke Preston can battle out for the starting job

RT: Jason Peters

DE: Aaron Schobel

DT: Chris Hovan (FA)

DT: H. Ngata (1st rounder)

DE: Chris Kelsay

LLB: Angelo Crowell

MLB: London Fletcher

RLB: Takeo Spikes

CB: Nate Clements

CB: Terrence McGee

SS: Adam Archuleta

FS: Dwayne Slay (3rd rounder) and R. Baker battle it out for the starting spot

If Slay and Baker both aren't ready yet then we plug Vincent back in there. If one of them is ready and can start then you move Vincent to the nickel.

Let me know what you agree with and don't agree with!!

Cuts

Mike Williams (we save 5.5 mill. and he isn't worth it)

Sam Adams ( I believe we save somwhere aroung 2.9 mill. and I don't think he wants to be here even though I still feel that he is a good player.

Jeff Posey (We save almost 2 mill. and Crowell came on at the end of the year.)

Mark Campbell (I think we save something like 1.7 mill. if we cut him)

Lawyer Milloy (We save nearly 3 mill be letting him go.  He has lost too much and is over the hill in my opinion)

Restructure

Eric Moulds (I'm hoping he restructures to a much more friendly cap number so that we can keep him)

Franchie Nate (It's only 5.1 mill. to keep him for this year, and that isn't too bad)

FA Accquisitions

Adam Archuleta

Lecharles Bentley

Chris Hovan

Draft

1st round: H. Ngata

2nd round: Eric Winston, or if he isn't available the next best tackle.

3rd round: Jason Spitz from Louisville or Taitusi Lutui from USC.  Both are guards and they are the #1 and 2 ranked seniors by Kiper.  Kiper expects Spitz to be drafted late 2nd to early 3rd, and Taitusi in the 3rd.

3rd Round (from Tennessee): . Dwayne Slay, a FS from Texas Tech or D'Qwell Jackson, a LB from Maryland.  Slay is a hard hitter who's big and can run.  He's expected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round.  If he isn't there I'de go with Jackson if he is there.  He is also expected to go in the 2nd or 3rd, and the only knock about him is that he is a bit small.  He's very similar to Crowell when he came out.

This is what my team would like next year:

QB: Losman

RB: McGahee, cheap FA RB like N. Davenport

FB: D. Shelton

WR: Moulds, Evans, Parrish

TE: Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus

LT: Eric Winston (2nd rounder)

LG: Jason Spitz (3nd rounder) and Mike Gandy can battle it out for the starting job

C: Lecharles Bentley (FA)

RG: Chris Villarrial and Duke Preston can battle out for the starting job

RT: Jason Peters

DE: Aaron Schobel

DT: Chris Hovan (FA)

DT: H. Ngata (1st rounder)

DE: Chris Kelsay

LLB: Angelo Crowell

MLB: London Fletcher

RLB: Takeo Spikes

CB: Nate Clements

CB: Terrence McGee

SS: Adam Archuleta

FS: Dwayne Slay (3rd rounder) and R. Baker battle it out for the starting spot

If Slay and Baker both aren't ready yet then we plug Vincent back in there.  If one of them is ready and can start then you move Vincent to the nickel. 

Let me know what you agree with and don't agree with!!

559493[/snapback]

Keep Adams, get Hovan. Losing players are unhappy. Fit em with good help, they'll win. Good draft. SLowly work the rookies in.

If we cut Mke Williams won't the salary savings be canceld out by the accelerated cap hit?

And if you think Lawyer MIlloy is bad, watch Adam Archuleta in a Bills uni for a year and you will be bald.

As for Hovan, he has a cool haircut and he's having a lot of fun playing between Simeon Rice and Booger McFarland. But if you stick him on the Bills DLine he'll be a ragdoll until the day he gets suspended for steroids.

I like the improvement on the OLine (except I don't think there's any chance Winston's around in the 2nd), but Moulds is going bye-bye after his idiocy in miamuh, I don't like the idea of dumping our only proven TE with plan B being 2 kids who have spent most of their careers hurt, our LB's will continue to wear bullseyes until we make real improvements up front and I don't see the point of drafting a FS on Day1 with both Vincent and RBaker already on the roster.

As for Hovan, he has a cool haircut and he's having a lot of fun playing between Simeon Rice and Booger McFarland. But if you stick him on the Bills DLine he'll be a ragdoll until the day he gets suspended for steroids.

559601[/snapback]

Hovan seems to be on a lot of the lists I have seen on the board. I haven't watched him much--but what I see is a one gap shooter...not a two gap stuffer...we need a stuffer since Sam thinks he's a one gap shooter and all the rest of our guys (Anderson, Bannan, Sape) either shouldn't be in the league or are shooters...We need a, well, a--Pat Williams or Ted Washington...

Adam Archuleta is a rich man's Coy Wire....yikes....

The rest of this looks pretty good BuffBills--thanks for posting..

If we cut Mke Williams won't the salary savings be canceld out by the accelerated cap hit?

559601[/snapback]

Mike Williams is costing us 10mil. If we cut him, the cap hit is 5mil instead. That saves us 5mil. Yes, we lose out on 5mil dollars without a player to show for it, but we can sign one or two players for the other 5 that we are saving.

Archuleta was a top 5 safety in Lovie Smith's system, where he could attack the line of scrimmage. The Rams now have him in a system he's not comfortable with, with him being 15 yards off the line of scrimmage every play. In a defense like ours where he could attack the line of scrimmage, and still has yet to reach his full potential, I could see him being a steal. As for Hovan, he has really transformed his game. When he first came into the league he was just an inside pass rusher. He now has learned the position to stop the run on 1st and 2nd down, and rush the passer on 3rd. During the Redskins game the announcers were talking about this exact thing. As for Winston not being there in the 2nd, you might be right. I was just saying that our 2nd round pick should be a Tackle and our 3rd should be a Guard and our other 3rd should be a back 7 guy on Defense.

So you don't think 2 huge athletic D-Tackles would be good together?  Ngata is more of an athlete than McFarland and is just as big or bigger.  Hovan plays well with him, so why can't he play well with Ngata?

560608[/snapback]

First of all Hovan isn't "Huge" by DT standards. I like him as a player, not a great player, but functional. However I'd like to see him beside a more veteran player like Adams. I don't like placing that kind of pressure on a rookie. I guess I misspoke a little bit. I don't see the combo as being a disaster, but more upheaval at a vital position as having the potential for disaster on a defense that needs to snap back if there's any hope for the Bills next season.