2006 FA OTs, OGs and DTs

sfladave

According to Clump's page if we dumped all 3 we would save:

Moulds $5.522M

Adams $2.125M

Williams $4.907M

Add that to the $11.145M we are alreaqdy under and we would be $23.692M under.

It would also give us an additional $10.611M in dead cap money.

557695[/snapback]

But Cllump also said (before the Crowell signing)
I'll safely estimate the Bills will start the off-season (without any signings/releases/tenders/etc) about $5-7 million under if the cap ends up close to the estimated $93,500,000
That's $7M (best case) + $12M (from cutting the 3) - whatever Crowell's hit will be next year - what the other UFA/RFA/EFA that will be re-signed will cost us next year. Wonder if Nate stays now that TD (the GM who drafted him with his 1st #1) is gone.

But Cllump also said (before the Crowell signing)  That's $7M (best case) + $12M (from cutting the 3) - whatever Crowell's hit will be next year  - what the other UFA/RFA/EFA that will be re-signed  will cost us next year.

557706[/snapback]

Oh stop being SO smart! :D

Why the hell would we get rid of the only DT we have that is worth a crap? He's only getting 2 million next year....

557712[/snapback]

Of the 3, he may have the best chance of staying for that very reason...

I just wonder how much he has left.

What about Jon Runyan? Its not a lock that Philly wants to resign him, but I suppose he'd be pretty expensive.

"He's done a nice job with the young kids," Reid said. "They all look up to him, respect him. He's always done what he needs to do. He's a good example."

The 32-year-old Runyan will be a free agent at the end of the year and might not fit in Philadelphia's plans _ like most of the high-priced veterans the Eagles have cut loose the last few years. Reid said Friday he'd like to have Runyan back _ What else is he going to say? _ and the 10-year vet wants to keep playing. After all, there are more games to be played.

"Four more years to get to 200," Runyan said, laughing. "If the body allows it, why not? If I still feel like this at the end of the next four years, you keep on going."

The one DT I want us to sign is Ma'ake Kemoeatu from the Ravens man is a beast in the middle he weighs 350 and is sort of an unknown becuase this is his first year starting. He would come pretty cheap and be able to start and keep people off London

Interesting. I never saw him play. Perhaps this would be a good use of FA $$.

I can't see D'Brick falling to us. What we could is sign Backus, who would be a great addition to play LT. We could sign Bentley if the team decides Preston is not the answer. That would leave us looking for a LG in the 2nd round (I don't think we'd take one at #8). We could go for Ngata at 8 and a LG in Round 2.

Perhaps, this Kemoeatu from Baltimore is worth a shot, perhaps Grady Jackson could be worth a flier. I could see a DT signed, tho not for big bucks.

Either way, I say both Moulds and Adams stay in Buffalo. Moulds agrees to a re-structured contract now that Marv is here. MW is gone.

Hutchinson will be franchised. No way the 'hawks let him walk. People here need to start thinking in reality. We WONT have our pick of the listed UFA's. Other teams DO re-sign their own players from time to time.

557648[/snapback]

Interesting to note that the Bills passed on Steve Hutchinson and traded down to take Nate Clements.

Also interesting is they passed on LeCharles Bentley to take Josh Reed in the 2nd round the other year.

I wonder how different the Bills would be now if they had focused on the OL during the TD era. I guess TD knew what he was doing.

Why would we dump Adams ? His cap figure is small and we need him. He still plays better than all our other DT's. I don't give a schit about all the gossip. He'll play.

Bills conservatively 10-11 Mil under. Dump Mould, Williams and Posey,then you are 22 Mil under. Then you start dumping some of those ST players who can't play their position at all, like Wire,Burns,Aiken. Now you have 24 Mil.

Still need to sign another DT for the rotation. Kemoeatu and Grady Jackson are 2 gap DT's who clog the middle. Now you don't need to draft Ngata and can go after a pass rushing DE or a star TE like Davis. With Everett coming back, the TE could be a huge help for our QB, since it's non-existent now. Cut the other 3 losers.

I alos believe we will actively chase UFA's on the OL like Bentley and a couple others.

Bills conservatively 10-11 Mil under. Dump Mould, Williams and Posey,then you are 22 Mil under. Then you start dumping some of those ST players who can't play their position at all, like Wire,Burns,Aiken.  Now you have 24 Mil.

557901[/snapback]

:D

I guess you haven't read Clumps updated list. Bills at 82 Mil. New Cap between 92-94, according to reports coming out of the NFLPA.

557910[/snapback]

I guess you haven't read the bottom of his page (written before Crowell's contract) referenced above in post #11. :D

ETA: Sorry, it's not on his page, it's on the Zone thread referencing the page... right here.

Edited by Rico

I guess you haven't read the bottom of his page (written before Crowell's contract) referenced above in post #11. :P

557916[/snapback]

It was actually post 13, but who cares passionately about correcting other posters ? :D

I guess I'll have to recalculate. I will e-mail Clump, since I've read the new figures with Crowells new contract to be higher than his calculation. The original 82 Mil fig was calculated carrying the full cap hit for Moulds ,Williams, Posey etc., prior to their expected cuts. Even with the dead cap $$ applied, there is still a savings.

Time to e-mail a friend with access to the NFLPA figs.

It was actually post 13, but who cares passionately about correcting other posters ?  :D

557924[/snapback]

Actually, I was thinking of #21... I need a bigger monitor. :P

And I'm just seeing a lot of people in here thinking we have a ton of cap $$$ to spend, when it's just not the case without making some more moves, that's all. :angry: