Things ain't so bad

RuntheDamnBall

We have by no means been good, and DiCesare is off the mark sometimes, but he throws the Jacksonville stats in there and it sheds some light on our situation.  Maybe we don't have the right to be optimistic, but nobody should be jumping ship yet.

Buffalo News DiCesare column

39586[/snapback]

This column should be a point well taken, particularly when you consider how firn we held to out views of the future after a 2-0 start last year and how the season turned out.

The column actually points out more truth about thereactions of fans (which often have little to do with how things occur in the reality of a season) than it says about the Bills play.

The only real and important measure for the Bills is the W/L and we have seen time and again that almost regardless of how it looks right now it ain't over until its over.

Any poster who declares the season over right now should be immediately given the Wade Phillips award. it was not very long ago that he declared the season being over because there was no logical hope of getting to the playoffs with our record. Though he was right about us, Indy made the playoffs that year with the same record.

The difference? There were many but a good starting point is that Indy HC Jim Mora publicly disagreed with Wade's view and said it ain't over til it over.

yeah...I posted a similar sentiment yesterday, it's refreashing to see there are some people who can objectively look at the situation.

My favorite quote in this article...."And what we should remember, having been down this road before, is that it's premature to begin making summary judgments two games into the season. Because weeks later they're often filed away, under the heading of Overreaction".

yeah...I posted a similar sentiment yesterday, it's refreashing to see there are some people who can objectively look at the situation.

My favorite quote in this article...."And what we should remember, having been down this road before, is that it's premature to begin making summary judgments two games into the season. Because weeks later they're often filed away, under the heading of Overreaction".

39617[/snapback]

Noted, nothing has been written in stone - EXCEPT, were the Bills 2-0 now, they would need to go 8-6 to make the playoffs. Now, they will probably need to go 10-4. BIG difference.

I thought Dicesare's article today was excellent. I agree that there is no reason to expect this team to turn it around, and there is a fine line between being 2-0 and 0-2.

The one problem, though (as pointed out above) is that being 2-0 gives you the luxury of some extra time to work out the problems. The Bills no longer have any time to figure things out. With the Pats up next, they need to get the ball rolling or they're staring right at 0-3, with a very possible 0-5 on the horizon.

I also thought Bucky Gleason's article was good, too. More doom and gloom, but both Dicesare's and Gleason's articles provide good perspective to the problem. Who would've thought that our offense was THAT bad over the last 16 games? Even worse than the 2-14 teams? Ugh.

It's almost enough to make me think it wasn't Killdrive. Almost.

The one problem, though (as pointed out above) is that being 2-0 gives you the luxury of some extra time to work out the problems. The Bills no longer have any time to figure things out. With the Pats up next, they need to get the ball rolling or they're staring right at 0-3, with a very possible 0-5 on the horizon.

I couldn't agree more. As an avowed Bledsoe backer and someone who thought the problems were coaching and would be correctable, I have to say that Sunday's game was the absolute worst game I've ever seen Bledsoe play. He was awful.

With 3 straight division games coming up, this team NEEDS a big win. Not a moral victory, not playing the Pats tough, no this team NEEDS to beat the Pats at home. Period. It would be even sweeter if our much maligned qb could lead the Bills on a game winning, final drive. We NEED that.

This was a great article and is more truthful than any of the drudge you will see on this board. It could just as easily have been us at 2-0 and the Jags at 0-2. This is a parity league and anyone can beat any other team. You just have to look at the Chicago/Green Bay game. Everyone thought GB were world beaters (me included, they knocked me out of the Survivor Pool ;) ), but then the Bears beat them at Lambeau. The Bills will turn this ship around, the question is, when will it happen and will it be too late?

This was a great article and is more truthful than any of the drudge you will see on this board.  It could just as easily have been us at 2-0 and the Jags at 0-2.  This is a parity league and anyone can beat any other team.  You just have to look at the Chicago/Green Bay game.  Everyone thought GB were world beaters (me included, they knocked me out of the Survivor Pool ;) ), but then the Bears beat them at Lambeau.  The Bills will turn this ship around, the question is, when will it happen and will it be too late?

39814[/snapback]

depends when they park Drew on the bench

depends when they park Drew on the bench

39840[/snapback]

Okay, so we bench Drew because he misfired on a few passes Sunday. Therefore you have to bench Moulds, Shaw and Reed because of some dropped passes. You bench Henry for missing blitz pickups and not finding a hole. You bench the OL for...well, no need to explain why.

So now that you benched everyone that screwed up against the Raiders, your starting Offense is now Matthews at QB, McGahee at RB, Aiken and Evans at WR and a 2nd string OL that is not even good enough to start for the Buffalo Bills.

Look Out Patriots, here we come!!! ;)

People are blaming just Bledsoe, when he is just a part of the problem. We didn't lose to the Jags because of Bledsoe, we lost to them because of drops, fumbles, and untimely penalties (Not going to mention that the defense couldn't stop a 4th and long, that also couldn't stop a 3rd and 27 against the Raiders).