Where does this Marv was GM in Montreal

Something most Bills fans do not know about Marv is how revered he is in Quebec. Marv has influenced deeply football at all levels in the Belle Provincce. I've met lot of coaches from Quebec and my football team has lot of connections there and all of them have a tremendous respect for Marv. He's in some way the Father of Quebec football.

Wasn't Marv the coach of the Bickering Bills three years into his tenure?

556512[/snapback]

Yup - the same unit that would resolve their differences and end the following season in the Super Bowl. And, I might add, doing so without Levy calling out players in the media or benching/suspending any of them.

Hmmmm....

Yup - the same unit that would resolve their differences and end the following season in the Super Bowl. And, I might add, doing so without Levy calling out players in the media or benching/suspending any of them.

Hmmmm....

556747[/snapback]

In fact, he was so in tune with them that he even paid their bar tab before SB XXV... :lol:

Wasn't Marv the coach of the Bickering Bills three years into his tenure?

556512[/snapback]

Yup. Lori already addressed this (thanks, Lo)...but I just wanted to add my one cent. There will be problems...there are in EVERY organization. Even the Pats have had their share of malcontents. It's the way the problems are handled and resolved that's important. Marv didn't have public pissing contests with players.

Yup.  Lori already addressed this (thanks, Lo)...but I just wanted to add my one cent.  There will be problems...there are in EVERY organization.  Even the Pats have had their share of malcontents.  It's the way the problems are handled and resolved that's important.  Marv didn't have public pissing contests with players.

557117[/snapback]

True. Marv was a master at public perception after being a coach in the NFL for nine years. My post was as much a comment on how not everything was rosy when Marv was here as far as players go, as much as Mularkey has been given too much guff for losing control of his team. Marv was just better at playing the press than MM has been.