We fired TD, TC and not MM? Why not hire Sherman?

I can understand why we dumped Tom Donahoe after the guy did ZILCH to shore up our OL in preparation for breaking in a new QB as well as some questionable picks (RB Travis Henry over DT Shaun Rogers et al) but why not clean house and bring in a proven HC like Mike Sherman who can actualy coach?

My problem with both Willaims and Mularkey are primarily play calling and clock management and to me a guy like Sherman solves that.

I am also still trying to find how making Marv Levy our GM adds anything to our ability to win and improve our roster.

I guess we will see.

I can understand why we dumped Tom Donahoe after the guy did ZILCH to shore up our OL in preparation for breaking in a new QB as well as some questionable picks (RB Travis Henry over DT Shaun Rogers et al) but why not clean house and bring in a proven HC like Mike Sherman who can actualy coach?

My problem with both Willaims and Mularkey are primarily play calling and clock management and to me a guy like Sherman solves that.

I am also still trying to find how making Marv Levy our GM adds anything to our ability to win and improve our roster.

I guess we will see.

554279[/snapback]

with Marv- you won't have to worry about grooming a young QB. Marv has no interest in young players.

with Marv- you won't have to worry about grooming a young QB. Marv has no interest in young players.

554283[/snapback]

Hey, if Joe Pa can change, why not Marv. The salary cap era makes a big difference in who plays and who sits compared to when Marv coached in the 80s and 90s.

Hey, if Joe Pa can change, why not Marv.  The salary cap era makes a big difference in who plays and who sits compared to when Marv coached in the 80s and 90s.

554289[/snapback]

it was bad enough enduring 2 rookie head coaches-which ultimately cost TD his job.

susre makes sense to shift gears and bring in a rookie GM who has never experienced the free agent era.

I guess we will see.

554279[/snapback]

Mike Sherman??? Are you kidding me?

it was bad enough enduring 2 rookie head coaches-which ultimately cost TD his job.

susre makes sense to shift gears and bring in a rookie GM who has never experienced the free agent era.

554310[/snapback]

Marv Levy is a pretty smart guy- My guess is that he knows how to win in this league, and we'll be fine

Timey Kangaroo Downs Sport

554283[/snapback]

Except JP will be a 3rd year player and there is no history to say that ML has been unkind to them. Also, RW has said the GM will not look over MM's shoulder. So there ! I think JP and EM are going nowhere.