More from Mortensons chat...now Mort

I know that I wasn't around much this year, but I saw a *lot* of Bills fans predicting a +.500 finish or a playoff appearance.

Q: More importantly, why do so many fans want Donahoe fired:

A: The Bills not make the playoffs this year (or even finishing above .500.

Let's not kid ourselves - Donahoe is being fired today because the Bills went 5-11 this year, and the Bills went 5-11 this year because Losman was not ready to be an NFL QB in his second year, and was one of the worst QB's in the League this year.

JDG

552779[/snapback]

The Bills went 5-11 because TD failed to build a decent O-line in his five years here.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills went 5-11 because TD failed to build a decent O-line in his five years here.

552833[/snapback]

and becuase of injuries on defense. (and I include Tim Anderson in this)

and because of a horrible coach.

and because we have a young QB who was expected to make mistakes.

and becuase of veterans who would rather B word than play hard (Adams and Moulds)

and because of a RB who decided to say screw it and wait till next year.

and because we drafted a tiny WR with our first pick last year.

and becuase the TE we drafted to help Losman have an outlet was gone

There were many reasons we went 5-11 this year.

and becuase of injuries on defense. (and I include Tim Anderson in this)

and because of a horrible coach.

and because we have a young QB who was expected to make mistakes.

and becuase of veterans who would rather B word than play hard (Adams and Moulds)

and because of a RB who decided to say screw it and wait till next year.

and because we drafted a tiny WR with our first pick last year.

and becuase the TE we drafted to help Losman have an outlet was gone

There were many reasons we went 5-11 this year.

552839[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I think Mularkey should go too.

JP would have looked a lot better behind Denvers OL.

WM would not have packed it in behind Dallas' OL.

EM would have gotten a lot more receptions, with Seattle's OL.

MM wouldn't have had to game plan for 3rd and 20 because of false starts, with Indy's OL.

Get the picture?

Don't get me wrong, I think Mularkey should go too.

JP would have looked a lot better behind Denvers OL.

WM would not have packed it in behind Dallas' OL.

EM would have gotten a lot more receptions, with Seattle's OL.

MM wouldn't have had to game plan for 3rd and 20 because of false starts, with Indy's OL.

Get the picture?

552878[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying, but for once I wish (and really, I hate saying this) that we had a team like New England that would rally around their weaknesses. I"m not even just talking about coaching, but the whole damn team.

When the running game struggles, the WR's step up their game.

When the CB's ALL go down, the LB's and Line all step up.

They had horrible luck this season, and they rallied and are in the playoffs. They really do amaze me as a "team".

Granted, they have a coach and QB who far surpass our, but still....it's the whole team that makes them what they are.

Guest BackInDaDay
Accurate? By your standards maybe... I'm one Fan, admittedly only one, who was totally against JP's benching...Before this Season even started I told myself numerous times we may very well struggle to get JP the experience he needs...Hope for the best, expect the worst I figured...But JP's benching had a lasting effect on the team and it forced the Locker Room to take sides...It made a hard uphill battle even harder, and now JP has a half years experience instead of a full one...Not for one second did I think the Bills were legit Contenders just because they beat up on the Texans on Opening Day...

I think a decent amount of the Fan Base was more than willing to wait it out with JP...Hey, at least when we sucked it gave us an excuse...Instead MM made the situation worse. And if anyone, anyone thinks this is not going to carry into next Season with Coach wishy-washy back, they're kidding themselves...

Get ready for more trick Plays and blaming bad luck for losses from our HC...Then Mort can find something else to blame the Fans for...

What a joke... :lol:

552810[/snapback]

If he can only get them to 'finish'. :D

Hey, it may not be so bad.....

Mularkey was coerced by TD, via Wilson, into benching JP for a wiff of the playoffs. Scuttling all of their off-season and pre-season plans obviously didn't sit well with Clements who probably told Mularkey so. Moulds popping off to the press pissed Mularkey off - it was bad enough to be the owner's butt-boy, but he didn't have to listen to Eric's "it's about time" comments! Edwards and Anderson couldn't fill Pat's shoes next to Sam, who then flipped out over 'gap responsibilities'. Spikes goes down. The D shows it's age - both in years and inexperience. The O-line lives up to it's pedigree of cast-offs and busts. Our star RB can't run more than 10 yards before being brought down. Our TEs, nevermind.

It's almost comical - but guess what - if we can put heads on all these chickens we might get 'em to go in the same direction. :lol: We need to shore up the O-line, D-line, Safeties, LBs and TE positions. That's the GMs job. Mularkey has to learn to stick to his guns. win or lose, do it his way. Maybe Marv can help clear that path with ol' Ralph.

Hey, it may not be so bad.....

Mularkey was coerced by TD, via Wilson, into benching JP for a wiff of the playoffs.  Scuttling all of their off-season and pre-season plans obviously didn't sit well with Clements who probably told Mularkey so. 

552899[/snapback]

Wow, that rumor was started like 5 min ago...

It's like a giant game of telephone.

This stuff going on with the Bills is getting to be downright absurd to say the least, talk about irresponsible journilism to report that the fans are to blame for TDs mistakes and JPs benching is plain stupid. the season wasnt an embaressment enough now they are going to turn the offseason into a joke.

I understand what you are saying, but for once I wish (and really, I hate saying this) that we had a team like New England that would rally around their weaknesses.  I"m not even just talking about coaching, but the whole damn team.

When the running game struggles, the WR's step up their game.

When the CB's ALL go down, the LB's and Line all step up.

They had horrible luck this season, and they rallied and are in the playoffs.  They really do amaze me as a "team". 

Granted, they have a coach and QB who far surpass our, but still....it's the whole team that makes them what they are.

552888[/snapback]

BINGO, a team from the top down, and TD was at the top.

Let's not kid ourselves - Donahoe is being fired today because the Bills went 5-11 this year, and the Bills went 5-11 this year because Losman was not ready to be an NFL QB in his second year, and was one of the worst QB's in the League this year.

JDG

552779[/snapback]

Yeah, that's the reason the team lost all those games. :)