Potential Bills 1stroundpick on tonight

Simon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When Bowden got into 4th and 23 in the 1st OT, I thought that he should have gone for the Hail Mary instead of the FG.  If they complete it - great.  If not, PSU would be tempted to play for the Field Goal with their freshman kicker who just might miss it again.   

As it is, the FSU kicker obliged by missing his kick - thus suckering Joe Paterno into one of the most ultra-conservative displays of offense I have ever witnessed.    Why on Earth Paterno thought that a 40yd FG in the college game with a freshman kicker was worth settling for is absolutely beyond me.   

PSU so deserves this game, but that set of playcalling was just putrid.

JDG

551834[/snapback]

I didn't care for two QB draws in the series, but I will say that's been a regular part of PSU's offense with Robinson so it's not as conservative as it appears at first glance.

Those who were giving Mularkey the business for not settling for a FG with 25:00 left in the miamuh game may be well-served to remember what settling for FG's often gets you.

I didn't care for two QB draws in the series, but I will say that's been a regular part of PSU's offense with Robinson so it's not as conservative as it appears at first glance.

Those who were giving Mularkey the business for not settling for a FG with 25:00 left in the miamuh game may be well-served to remember what settling for FG's often gets you.

551837[/snapback]

I have no problem with settling for a FG. I have a problem with settling for a 40+ yard FG, which even in the NFL is only about a 75% proposition. In the college game with the wide hashes - and in this case a freshman kicker who had already missed once.... its even lower. And while the QB draw is a regular part of the offense - two in a row is not. JoePa clearly did not want to let Robinson throw the football and get a first down - he wanted all conservative runs and was happy with the low percentage FG.

JDG

JoePa clearly did not want to let Robinson throw the football and get a first down - he wanted all conservative runs and was happy with the low percentage FG.

Maybe he was still spooked by that awful ball Robinson threw in his own end near the end of regulation.

PSU has another chance to settle for a FG attempt, let's see what they do.

I have no problem with settling for a FG.  I have a problem with settling for a 40+ yard FG, which even in the NFL is only about a 75% proposition.  In the college game with the wide hashes - and in this case a freshman kicker who had already missed once.... its even lower.  And while the QB draw is a regular part of the offense - two in a row is not.  JoePa clearly did not want to let Robinson throw the football and get a first down - he wanted all conservative runs and was happy with the low percentage FG. 

JDG

551840[/snapback]

Joe pa has been around along time never ever question joe pa!!!!!! he's kicking on 3rd and 2 go joe baby!!!!

Great game... hope Jopa has enough class left to leave now with a win. :unsure:

551850[/snapback]

As far as I'm concerned, Mr Paterno can coach at the age of 112 from a cell phone on his death bed.

And I hope he does.

Great game... hope Jopa has enough class left to leave now with a win. :unsure:

551850[/snapback]

Why the hell should he leave, he just won the orange bowl and he seems ready for another great run next year? Whats wrong, you love ohio state or michigan.....that was the best game of the year right there ...............PENN STATE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Joe Tiller fan... when he wins! :unsure:

551859[/snapback]

In a few hours you will be eating a bowl of corn flakes or something..............................

Do not look into the bowl before eating ............I repeat, do not look into the bowl before eating!!!

ALL FLORIDA TEAMS......... IN ALL SPORTS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!