NC

So when does the Clements issue come up? Do the Bills make him an offer? Do they franchise him and let him play out a one year deal? Do they franchise and try to trade him on draft day? I guess once the front office and coaching is set they will go to work on players contracts and signings. I dont think you can wait yntil after the draft becuase that impacts the teams decision on positions of importance.

So when does the Clements issue come up? Do the Bills make him an offer? Do they franchise him and let him play out a one year deal? Do they franchise and try to trade him on draft day? I guess once the front office and coaching is set they will go to work on players contracts and signings. I dont think you can wait yntil after the draft becuase that impacts the teams decision on positions of importance.

548741[/snapback]

They laugh in his face when he asks for 7 yrs, 50 mil with a 15 mil SB...

We are in a strong negotiating position with NC. We can franchise him at a cheap price relative to replacing him. We can easily afford the large one year cap hit which comes with the franchise tag as the cap number is going way up with the new TV contract.

We need to resign him because he is probably the best CB on the team, but he has come no where near his claim of being the best CB in the league so we can negotiate within the framework of salaries being paid today even though we can afford to pay more than that.

I think all parties are aware that the tag option is quite doable for us and it makes more sense for NC to cut a long-term deal which will both pay him near or above tag level money upfront and bind him to us for the forseeable future.