Mr. Accuracy reports Capers and Martz will be fire

Adam

What was so inaccurate about Mort's report? The report said, according to league sources, the Browns plan to fire Savage. He said it is not final and that they are going to talk to him and he might salvage his job, but there would likely be some reorganization. That same day, the President and the owner come out and say he still has the job but they are planning some reorganization. Seems to me it was a pretty accurate report.

What was so inaccurate about Mort's report? The report said, according to league sources, the Browns plan to fire Savage. He said it is not final and that they are going to talk to him and he might salvage his job, but there would likely be some reorganization. That same day, the President and the owner come out and say he still has the job but they are planning some reorganization. Seems to me it was a pretty accurate report.

547824[/snapback]

They changed his report after the Browns stated they never planned to fire him or decrease his responsibilities....ESPN just likes to stir the pot

They changed his report after the Browns stated they never planned to fire him or decrease his responsibilities....ESPN just likes to stir the pot

547837[/snapback]

What did they change? I am not doubting you, or it, I just happened to see the report in the middle of the afternoon that had the qualifiers in it. What did the previous report have in it?

The reason a lot of this garbage happens lately, however, is because of the Internet and the 24 hour sports stations hungry for news. Before, when the sports was only on at 11 at night and in the papers in the morning, these kinds of up to the minute and changing of reports didn't happen so much.

What did they change? I am not doubting you, or it, I just happened to see the report in the middle of the afternoon that had the qualifiers in it. What did the previous report have in it?

The reason a lot of this garbage happens lately, however, is because of the Internet and the 24 hour sports stations hungry for news. Before, when the sports was only on at 11 at night and in the papers in the morning, these kinds of up to the minute and changing of reports didn't happen so much.

547849[/snapback]

Allegedly the first report said that the Browns were ready to fire Savage because of salary cap issues. After the report appeared on ESPN, Browns said that they're not firing him yet, but were negotiating a different positition. ESPN then included that part in the story.

Still don't see how Mort lied, though.

Allegedly the first report said that the Browns were ready to fire Savage because of salary cap issues.  After the report appeared on ESPN, Browns said that they're not firing him yet, but were negotiating a different positition. ESPN then included that part in the story. 

Still don't see how Mort lied, though.

547858[/snapback]

The first report I saw said he was being fired, then an hour later, it changed

The first report I saw said he was being fired, then an hour later, it changed

547882[/snapback]

Yeah, it's called an update. It happens when you report stuff. Also said Mort stood by his sources and story. Mort doesn't like sensational reporting. He wouldn't have reported it if there wasn't something to it. My take is that the high-ups in Cleveland took a step back and rethought the situation due to the bad publicity they were getting.

Yeah, it's called an update.  It happens when you report stuff.  Also said Mort stood by his sources and story.  Mort doesn't like sensational reporting.  He wouldn't have reported it if there wasn't something to it.  My take is that the high-ups in Cleveland took a step back and rethought the situation due to the bad publicity they were getting.

548007[/snapback]

Methinks his crystal ball was a bit cloudy