Holcomb better than Bledsoe?

Adam

I don't think Holcomb is more talented than Drew Bledsoe- not by a longshot- BUT, I think its easier to field a team around Holcomb. Drew Bledsoe is in the Jim Kelly mold (but not nearly as good). He holds onto the ball, and is willing to take the big hit.

Problem is, defenses are quicker, and hit harder than they did back then. The hits add up, and by midseason, Bledsoe declines.

Holcomb, while not nearly as talented, unloads the ball quickly, and won't take many chances. Therefore, he is the same QB on thge last throw of the season as he was on the first throw.

Holcomb does not require one to spend the whole cap on an offensive line- one that can't block for as long as Bledsoe will hold the ball anyways- Dallas has a more talented group than we fielded with Bledsoe, and the hits are still adding up, and they, like we were, are on the brink of playoff contention entering the final week.

Holcomb does not require one to spend the whole cap on an offensive line- one that can't block for as long as Bledsoe will hold the ball anyways- Dallas has a more talented group than we fielded with Bledsoe, and the hits are still adding up,

Bledsoe sacks: 44

Buffalo QB sacks: 41

CW

You know what really bugs me about Bledsoe getting run out of town is that our D blew that Pittsburgh game last year as well. Willie Parker literally ran over Lawyer Milloy on that long run and NOBODY ever talks about that play. That was just a sign of things to come in 2006.

Not saying we would be in much better shape with Bledsoe right now, I just think the all the blame he received was unjustified.

My opinion is that Bledsoe or Holcomb is a wash. Both have their plusses and minuses. Big Arm and Holds the Ball Too Long vs. Noodle Arm and Gets Rid of the Ball Quick?

You know what really bugs me about Bledsoe getting run out of town is that our D blew that Pittsburgh game last year as well.  Willie Parker literally ran over Lawyer Milloy on that long run and NOBODY ever talks about that play.  That was just a sign of things to come in 2006.

Not saying we would be in much better shape with Bledsoe right now, I just think the all the blame he received was unjustified.

My opinion is that Bledsoe or Holcomb is a wash.  Both have their plusses and minuses.  Big Arm and Holds the Ball Too Long vs. Noodle Arm and Gets Rid of the Ball Quick?

544764[/snapback]

The team blew the Pittsburgh game. There wasn't one facet of the game that we weren't beaten in.

The reason that Drew Bledsoe got run out of town is because he can't elevate his game to a high enough level when it matters most.

Bledsoe sacks: 44

Buffalo QB sacks: 41

CW

544753[/snapback]

Dallas's offensive line is a LOT better than ours. So if Bledsoe is taking a few more sacks anyway, it's a sign that he doesn't get rid of the ball as quickly as, say, Holcomb.

I agree that Holcomb is better than Bledsoe if you don't plan on having an offensive line or a running game. But short passes--death by a thousand small cuts--is a good offensive style even when you do have an OL. Look at what the New England offense is able to do with its death by a thousand small cuts style of play. Look what the Giants were able to do to us in our first Super Bowl using that style of offense.

A viable plan for the Bills would be to focus on the lines, put Holcomb under center, replace the coordinators, and see what happens.

The reason that Drew Bledsoe got run out of town is because he can't elevate his game to a high enough level when it matters most.

544775[/snapback]

Actually the REAL reason Drew was run out of town is because the brain trust didn't want another QB contraversy on their hands ....... if they just "handed the job" to JP without a competition (which they did), and JP sh-- the bed (which he did) the fans/media would be screaming almost on a game to game basis.

With KH as second string ...... the fans/media were at least patient enough to last four games and were gratefully willing to accept JP a second time later in the season, when KH got hurt.

No one in "Bills fan land" ever expected KH to be our starting QB .... many on this board still believe that the depth chart reads JP ... KH ..... but I suspect, the brain trust at One Bills Drive have swapped the depth chart, and are just paying "lip service" to starting JP.

I agree that Holcomb is better than Bledsoe if you don't plan on having an offensive line or a running game. But short passes--death by a thousand small cuts--is a good offensive style even when you do have an OL. Look at what the New England offense is able to do with its death by a thousand small cuts style of play. Look what the Giants were able to do to us in our first Super Bowl using that style of offense.

544806[/snapback]

Exactly- and I'm not even saying who should start. New England won 3 superbowls with this style

Exactly- and I'm not even saying who should start. New England won 3 superbowls with this style

544987[/snapback]

Were not even in the same league as NE. We dont even have the talent they have. Remember Greggos first year with the dumb it off west coast offense of Sheppard. No thank you. We dont have the talent or brains to run short slants and outs for some reason.

Were not even in the same league as NE. We dont even have the talent they have. Remember Greggos first year with the dumb it off west coast offense of Sheppard. No thank you. We dont have the talent or brains to run short slants and outs for some reason.

544994[/snapback]

New England was tabbed for the first pick in the draft the year they won their 1st superbowl