Did anyone hear this?

WVUFootball29

At my family Christmas party last night one of my cousins told me that while he was listening to WGR the other afternoon the subject of Philip Rivers and the Bills being interested in making a trade for him came up....

Now before I go any farther, please note that I do not advocate the Bills trading any player or draft picks for Philip Rivers...another unproven QB with less gametime experience than JPL. So lets keep the posts of, "You're an idiot, we dont want Rivers, why would you want to run JP out of town," to a minimal :D

Anyways, he said that the radio host said that the Bills have already contacted the Chargers about obtaining Rivers this offseason, but he didnt know what the terms of the trade included. So did anyone else hear this, I'm just trying to figure out what program it was on and who said it...Personally I think he heard someone call in and ask the question, but he insists it wasnt on a call in show. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Personally, I think the only team right now that would really be interested in making a trade for Rivers is the Jets...especially after Mike Heimerdinger's comments on Chad Pennington's progress recovering from his second torn rotator cuff in this throwing arm. Pennington Article

You're an idiot, we dont want Rivers, why would you want to run JP out of town.

543677[/snapback]

LOL thanks... :D

Yes I know its a stupid idea...I wasnt asking if it was a good idea, I just want to know who on WGR said it.

Is it just me, or do Bulldog and Schopp come across like idiots with the maturity level of a 5 year old. Not everyone on the station is THAT bad, but those guys are unreal

543735[/snapback]

They definately suck...the only one I really like listening to is Howard Simon...and he even has his days where it would be more beneficial to listen to silence instead.

All I'm trying to figure out is where this crazy idea came from...

They definately suck...the only one I really like listening to is Howard Simon...and he even has his days where it would be more beneficial to listen to silence instead.

All I'm trying to figure out is where this crazy idea came from...

543738[/snapback]

lol, maybe its JP, just playing a joke on us! :D

if this was a deabte before the 2004 draft I'd take Phillip Rivers over Losman in a heartbeat, however it's a stupid idea to trade for him now. I wanted Rivers or Matt Schaub anyway. We got Losman. I dont know whether or not JP is our qb of the future but at this point trading for rivers is just dumb, as we have a lot bigger needs then qb.

Apparently no one is actually reading the post other than the trade for Rivers part.

I know its a dumb idea, its probably the dumbest thing I've heard of lately other than the gloom and doomers complaining about last weeks win.

All i want to know is if anyone else heard this on WGR and what program it was on.

At my family Christmas party last night one of my cousins told me that while he was listening to WGR the other afternoon the subject of Philip Rivers and the Bills being interested in making a trade for him came up....

Now before I go any farther, please note that I do not advocate the Bills trading any player or draft picks for Philip Rivers...another unproven QB with less gametime experience than JPL.  So lets keep the posts of, "You're an idiot, we dont want Rivers, why would you want to run JP out of town," to a minimal  :D

Anyways, he said that the radio host said that the Bills have already contacted the Chargers about obtaining Rivers this offseason, but he didnt know what the terms of the trade included.  So did anyone else hear this, I'm just trying to figure out what program it was on and who said it...Personally I think he heard someone call in and ask the question, but he insists it wasnt on a call in show.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Personally, I think the only team right now that would really be interested in making a trade for Rivers is the Jets...especially after Mike Heimerdinger's comments on Chad Pennington's progress recovering from his second torn rotator cuff in this throwing arm. Pennington Article

543673[/snapback]

I could not possibly believe the Bills would be interested in Trading for Rivers unless it was JP for Rivers straight up...I like JP's upside and potential as much as anyone, but I'd still Trade him for Rivers straight up...

Otherwise...no way.... :D