Any of you have to hire/interview?

I have to conduct an interview later today, so I was looking over the woman's resume in preparation. At the top, she lists her personal information- phone numbers, address, etc. Then I look at her email address. Judging by her experience and years of graduation, I would anticipate that this woman is around 35-37 years old. Wouldn't you expect that she would be smart enough to not include this:

bitchmode99@yahoo.com

I can't wait for this interview. Any other funny resume gaffs out there?

I have to conduct an interview later today, so I was looking over the woman's resume in preparation.  At the top, she lists her personal information- phone numbers, address, etc.  Then I look at her email address.  Judging by her experience and years of graduation, I would anticipate that this woman is around 35-37 years old.  Wouldn't you expect that she would be smart enough to not include this: 

bitchmode99@yahoo.com

I can't wait for this interview.  Any other funny resume gaffs out there?

543456[/snapback]

:D

Just make sure at some point in the interview you ask her (Say it to her face) if this is her e-mail address. :D

Oh, and I just e-mailed her this link. :D  :D

543488[/snapback]

:lol:

Oh come on boys, I'm smart enough to change it around a little bit. Bitchmode and a few numbers was the quickname, and the domain was yahoo or hotmail or something. But feel free to fire away to bitchmode99.

I have to conduct an interview later today, so I was looking over the woman's resume in preparation.  At the top, she lists her personal information- phone numbers, address, etc.  Then I look at her email address.  Judging by her experience and years of graduation, I would anticipate that this woman is around 35-37 years old.  Wouldn't you expect that she would be smart enough to not include this: 

bitchmode99@yahoo.com

543456[/snapback]

I had a resume that said something like this:

I am proficient in Word Processing, and Spreadsheets and am

highly efficient manipulating data in Asses.

bitchmode99@yahoo.com

543456[/snapback]

My brother hires at his company, and on the resumé, the girl had written that she worked as a dancer for several adult websites. My brother didn't hire her but I was hoping he would.

bitchmode99@yahoo.com

543456[/snapback]

I probably would have tossed her resume in the trash on that alone. I hate interviewing people....it doesn't take much for me to weed out a resume.

I have to interview and hire for my shift if I have any openings and man there are some people out there who could use some help filling out applications and resumes.

543800[/snapback]

Like people who don't go into enough detail or give any examples.

:lol:

I probably would have tossed her resume in the trash on that alone.  I hate interviewing people....it doesn't take much for me to weed out a resume.

543664[/snapback]

Yeah, I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I had a feeling she had no chance before the interview even started. She was a referral by HR, so it was more of a courtesy interview on my part. The woman was, as expected, unpolished and had a few gaps in her employment history which she was dancing around. I gave her a solid 20 minutes and then gave her the old handshake and a "I'll have HR follow up with you." You hate to pre-judge, but she was the type of candidate I would expect to have "bitchmode" on her resume.

I wasted four months of my life as a recruiter for Robert Half. I had to interview 6-10 people a day. One guy came in and interviewed with me had no resume. He claimed I should hire him based on meeting him face-to-face. Another gentleman came in with a sparkling resume. When I called his references they all have him horrible reviews ,one hung up on me. One lady farted during our interview and another lady had the worse B.O.

Just a sample of the fun things I've experienced.

Here's an interesting resume story. I had a guy come in with a resume, and coincidentally that evening on TSW someone posted a link to the sexual offender registry, so I checked it out. I put in our zip code and the guy was on the list picture and all.

One lady submitted a resume and her name was Mary Ann Joseph. That was kinda funny.

Just this week a guy walks in the store:

Guy: Could I get an application.

Me: We don't use an application form, but I would be happy to take your resume.

Guy: What's a resume?

Me: You know, when you document your educational and employment experience.

Guy: Uh, I don't think I could do that. I don't know how.

Me: Good luck with your job search.