The Line allowed Holcolmb to shine

coltrane34

I guess that no one else noticed that Holcolmb was not scrambling for air on Saturday like he and JP have done in every previous game. The line gave kelly time to make good decisions, unlike they have done in any game in the past. JP being young has rushed many of his throws while running for his life which is understandable for such a young decision maker. Holcolmb does have more experience to make better decisions under pressure but he is no remedy for this anemic offense. Remember bledsoe? He did real well for half a season before the NFC figured him out. We need a line and then the young QB can develop properly, Holcolmb is not the answer. The Bills need to Blow it all up. Keep peters but restock the rest of the o and d lines. Either keep JP or get an established starting QB that can work with a young line like culpepper or someone else that is well established, not over the hill, and can thrive with a young and learning offensive line.

It works both ways, but for the majority of the year the line has generally looked better not good mind you but better with Holcomb under center then with JP. Where JP scrambles and panics cause he anticipates a rush fake or real, Holcomb stands in there and is willing to make the throw, or hold onto it so he doesnt force nothing ala a brad johnson. We dont have to blow up everything imo a bit of reshuffling, and lecharles bentley on the offensive side of the line, and grady jackson/draft pick/ raheem brock or darren howard in the offseason, and this team should be much improved for the 2006 season pending an open competition for the qb job.

I guess that no one else noticed that Holcolmb was not scrambling for air on Saturday like he and JP have done in every previous game.  The line gave kelly time to make good decisions, unlike they have done in any game in the past.  JP being young has rushed many of his throws while running for his life which is understandable for such a young decision maker.  Holcolmb does have more experience to make better decisions under pressure but he is no remedy for this anemic offense.  Remember bledsoe?  He did real well for half a season before the NFC figured him out.  We need a line and then the young QB can develop properly, Holcolmb is not the answer.  The Bills need to Blow it all up.  Keep peters but restock the rest of the o and d lines.  Either keep JP or get an established starting QB that can work with a young line like culpepper or someone else that is well established, not over the hill, and can thrive with a young and learning offensive line.

542963[/snapback]

The line still sucks.

I think the defense played Holcomb differently then they did JPL because of Losmans inexperience....

The fact is....Holcomb makes quick decisions and has a quick release. So if you blitz him every play he will burn you....better to cover the intermediate routes and keep everything in front of you.

I commend Holcomb for the game he played.......but lets face it....it was ONE game where he got a lot of help.

The line sucked up the middle. We couldn't get in on 1st and goal twice in the first quarter. Mcgahee was getting met in the backfield. It appeared to me that Gandy and Peters were the only ones not getting pushed into the backfield.

Holcomb made quick accurate throws. That was/is the difference. JP, by his own admission stated had he made throws early in games that takes pressure off the OL. Why stop blitzing when the QB can't make an accurate or correct throw to open receivers. If they blitz and the QB makes a couple throws then the blitz is ineffective and the OL blocks less men. It takes two. It's amazing how the same line looks good with one QB and not the other. Also occurs with RBs as well.

I think the defense played Holcomb differently then they did JPL because of Losmans inexperience....

The fact is....Holcomb makes quick decisions and has a quick release.  So if you blitz him every play he will burn you....better to cover the intermediate routes and keep everything in front of you.

I commend Holcomb for the game he played.......but lets face it....it was ONE game where he got a lot of help.

543030[/snapback]

I agree. This was the first time in weeks that the opposing D-coordinator didn't blitz everyone but the cheerleaders. The O-line held up well in pass pro with only 4-men rushing, but the lack of push on the numerous goal line runs was embarassing for an NFL line.