Reasons for Moulds resurgence

Kelly the Dog

Eric Moulds has had two straight good games, what is the biggest reason?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Eric Moulds has had two straight good games, what is the biggest reason?

• Kelly Holcomb is a veteran quarterback that knows when and where to throw the ball. Moulds has been there and open all year but not until now did the Bills QB get the ball to him.
    • Moulds had been loafing or in a funk through most of the season, and the embarassment of his suspension after realizing he was wrong, re-energized him. If anything, his resurgence proves he was loafing earlier and is still capable of being good when he tries.
    • Moulds can turn it on and off when he wants and just decided to play for a better contract next year on the Bills or someone else in the last couple games.
    • Moulds was lucky and is only able to have these kinds of games 2-3 times a year.
    • Moulds thinks Mike Mularjey is an idiot, and just showed how wrong MM was for suspending him when he didn't deserve it.
    • It was a fluke and likely won't happen again in Moulds career because he is shot.
    • None of the above, but please supply your reason below.

The transition has been made, and it's the first time since Larry Centers and Jay Riemersma were released that the Bills have had a quality, middle of the field target.

543702[/snapback]

hmmmm... I'm not sure I've ever read "quality" and "Jay 'double-clutch' Riemersma" in the same sentence...

I agree with you. It comes down to which QB is most comfortable with which WR. I don't think that EM is just playing when he wants to or when he's trying to make a point for the Bills front office. Oh, and why are we even questioning Moulds playing ability? The years he's performed for the team and he doesn't put up the numbers like he did in the past, mainly because there was no constitancy offensively and we want to throw him under the bus?

hmmmm... I'm not sure I've ever read "quality" and "Jay 'double-clutch' Riemersma" in the same sentence...

543712[/snapback]

Compared to our TE 'talent' since his departure? BADO may have a point.

Ah, for the days of McKeller and Big Red....

I agree that Moulds should be retained, pretty much whether he re-negotiates or not.  The reason is that they won't be able to replace what he does because there is nothing in FA and the team doesn't need the cap space.

As for Moulds being open.  No.  I sit at the 50 and follow Moulds closely and simply put, Moulds does not have #1 talent anymore.  He can't eat up a CB's cushion the way he once could, which pretty much makes him ineffective working the sidelines because he's an easy man cover.  A deep out pattern to Moulds is a pic 6 waiting to happen.

Where he is still very good is working the middle of the field.  Get him in there with the MLB and the safeties, and he looks like a different athlete.  Mularkey has been a meathead for much of the year, but he deserves credit for recognizing where Moulds should be.  No more of Moulds running reverses and getting nailed for no gain by some unknown OLB.  No more jumpballs down the sidelines to a blanketed Moulds.  The transition has been made, and it's the first time since Larry Centers and Jay Riemersma were released that the Bills have had a quality, middle of the field target.

543702[/snapback]

great post, badol. is he good enough of a blocker to play TE? I mean, is he any worse than shannon sharpe or jeremy shockey?