I Like This

Buffal0 Bill5

The AFC is going to win the Super Bowl

Seattle runs and throws well. The team plays sound defense and it will have a bye week in the first round of the playoffs. Chicago has a defense that can dominate a game. Carolina, Tampa and New York have won and lost big games. All of this will be irrelevant in the playoffs. The AFC is going to win the Super Bowl. Of the six teams in the AFC that will make the playoffs -- Indy, Denver, Cincinnati, New England, Jacksonville and Pittsburgh -- the NFC would lose to all of them in the Super Bowl, except for maybe Jacksonville; Seattle or one of the other teams could probably beat the Jaguars. But if any of the other five teams go to the Super Bowl, you can start sketching the AFC logo onto one side of the ring right now.

Link

This came from Shannon Sharpe's column on nfl.com

I still remember when the shoe was on the other foot, and we had to listen to all the crap about "Why even bother sending an AFC team" or "We should do away with the conferences and go to a bracket" blah, blah, blah. I just wish the Bills could be part of it.

I'm just hoping the AFC cycle lasts for a while. I guess I'm just an AFC guy. For the series the AFC is still down about 6.

I was thinking, it would be interesting if the Colts win. They would then have a win as AFC and NFC. I guess, now that I think about it the city of Baltimore already has that.

If it's Colts v. Seattle that would be two switcheroo teams meeting up.

Man, I've got too much time on my hands

I'm just hoping the AFC cycle lasts for a while.  I guess I'm just an AFC guy.  For the series the AFC is still down about 6.

I was thinking, it would be interesting if the Colts win.  They would then have a win as AFC and NFC.  I guess, now that I think about it the city of Baltimore already has that.

If it's Colts v. Seattle that would be two switcheroo teams meeting up.

Man, I've got too much time on my hands

542886[/snapback]

Im not a 100% convinced were gonna see there 2 if either this year, I have an unjustified feeling that this year is gonna be one of yhose wild card years....maybe its just me.

Im not a 100% convinced were gonna see there 2 if either this year, I have an unjustified feeling that this year is gonna be one of yhose wild card years....maybe its just me.

542911[/snapback]

I saw a stat over the weekend that said only 3 times in expanded wildcard era have the two #1 seeds both advanced to the SB. And two of those games involved the Bills.

Still, Seattle seems to be the only complete team in the NFC, and I think the Colts are going to be too good at home.

I saw a stat over the weekend that said only 3 times in expanded wildcard era have the two #1 seeds both advanced to the SB.  And two of those games involved the Bills.

Still, Seattle seems to be the only complete team in the NFC, and I think the Colts are going to be too good at home.

542912[/snapback]

speaking of a wildcard.....how bout the Pittsburgh Steelers? Had it not been for knee surgery and multiple injuries to Ben Rothleisberger where would this team be?

He was understandably sore and inaccurate against the Colts, but i'd like to see the rematch. If it wasnt for an ill advised onside kick attempt to start the second half Pittsburgh played the game pretty evenly after having given up an 80 yard touchdown pass to start the game.

Pittsburgh in my mind is better than any team in the NFC.