The real reason JP isn't playing this week

Outkast

I got this quote from Bills Digest, page 5, Vol 3, Issue 14

"I've never been in this situation where my team isn't playing for something at the end of the season. Some might think that with no playoffs on the line that I'd be more apt to play some younger players who perhaps haven't had much of an opportunity to play this season. Heading into it, I believe the number one objective every week is to win the game and you should do it with the best players you have. Playing younger guys who might need experience is fine if there's a reason to put them in there other than to just get him experience."

You notice how he said "just to get HIM experience" rather than "just to get THEM experience".

I couldn't help but to think of JP after reading that comment.

I got this quote from Bills Digest, page 5, Vol 3, Issue 14

"I've never been in this situation where my team isn't playing for something at the end of the season. Some might think that with no playoffs on the line that I'd be more apt to play some younger players who perhaps haven't had much of an opportunity to play this season. Heading into it, I believe the number one objective every week is to win the game and you should do it with the best players you have. Playing younger guys who might need experience is fine if there's a reason to put them in there other than to just get him experience."

You notice how he said "just to get HIM experience" rather than "just to get THEM experience".

I couldn't help but to think of JP after reading that comment.

541336[/snapback]

How did we ever get stuck with this guy? His pronouns don't agree with his antecedents.

when the season is lost you always play the young players to see if they are worth keeping and to get them expierience they wouldn't normally get if the team was winning.clearly mike knows he won't be here evaulating this young talent next year.thank god................

Presumably, the original source of the quote was oral. Particularly, if one doesn't enunciate well, it would be very simple to interpret an "em" to be "him" rather than "them".

We've all seen the sometimes rather humorous and sometimes ridiculous quotes on bb.com which are often attributed to this.

Presumably, the original source of the quote was oral.  Particularly, if one doesn't enunciate well, it would be very simple to interpret an "em" to be "him" rather than "them".

We've all seen the sometimes rather humorous and sometimes ridiculous quotes on bb.com which are often attributed to this.

541421[/snapback]

heheheheheheheh, you said oral

Presumably, the original source of the quote was oral.  Particularly, if one doesn't enunciate well, it would be very simple to interpret an "em" to be "him" rather than "them".

541421[/snapback]

This wasn't a quote from BB.com. This came straight from MM, via his weekly column, that he writes himself, in Bills Digest

This came straight from MM, via his weekly column, that he writes himself, in Bills Digest

How do you know that he actually writes it himself? I doubt it myself.

Seems to me that he would be a VERY busy individual whose time was EXTREMELY valuable. As such, a far more efficient manner of producing a column such as that would be to have him dictate the content and then have someone else actually write it and possibly also apply an unknown amount of editing to the content.