Pulling JP in Week 2 destroyed the Bills

Outkast

The turning point was last offseason when we let our best Olineman and best Dlineman go, and didn't replace them with anyone.

540798[/snapback]

last year's best Olineman has been on IR almost all season, meaning he wouldn't have helped at all. our best Dlineman said give me the money and got run over by the steelers again. How do you think he would have done against this year's schedule of lines and runners. Not well i would think.

Turning point was Takeo out for the year.

540803[/snapback]

A number of things, but IMO, losing Spikes was a big one.

There was a big hole for the B'gals when he left for the '03 season. Since then, they have had several FA's, and have expended a 5th round choice, 2 third-round picks, and a 2nd and a 1st to get them back in better shape.

we have averaged 6 wins a year since donohoe got here which is about right considering the talent and coaching he's given us.

540826[/snapback]

Looking at it that way is pretty brutal... lose the next 2 & the average/year is exactly 6-10. :flirt:

seriously, you can't put that as the turning point...  the turning point was the steelers game last year.  the only big game that the organization has had in 4 years and they choke miserably.  its been downhill since then.

540793[/snapback]

Actually, that is a pretty good marker for The Great Slide. The Next Great Slide was letting My Yami back into the stadium and then laying down and spreading their collective legs. Guess Mularkey gets his jollies from having his club breath life into an opponent that is all but dead and buried. Jerry "I Wanna Be A Head Coach" Gray, too.

But yeah, after getting whomped by the Pitter's 8th stringers last season, including the Steelers' bus driver and sign painter, and at home no less, lets just say the sails went out of their wind.

The team believes in Mularkey like I believe Norwood put it through the uprights.

Do you really think that game had that much of a carry-over affect? If it did then this team IS mentally weak and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

540797[/snapback]

Couldn't agree with you more. Keep Shoebel, Spikes, Fletcher, McGahee and Evans. Everybody else had better brush up their resume's. Including the entire team management and staff. Especially the strength and conditioning coach, since the team can only play for one series before they collapse.

I believe the original plan was to have Bledsoe mentor JP LAST season and get JP starting some games. That went out the window when JP got hurt. By the time he was ready to come back the team was on a roll and Drew stayed the starter. This set the plan back a year, but there was no provision for that - Drew was not affordable for another year and you weren't going to get him to take a pay cut to stay with teh team as a mentor.

The turning point was when they went into this season telling everyone that we could have a QB learn on the job AND make a playoff run. We all knew that both things weren't going to happen, but I think we would have settled for one of those options. The Bilsl tried to do both, and this resulted in pulling JP which was a terrible mistake. He still doesn't have enough starts to be solid next year - he needs at least another half a season (see Carson Palmer).

540852[/snapback]

if the plan for 20-04 was for Drew to mentor JP, why did they extend hima nd give him almost $9 mil - which translated in huge dead money when he was cut

seriously, you can't put that as the turning point...  the turning point was the steelers game last year.  the only big game that the organization has had in 4 years and they choke miserably.  its been downhill since then.

540793[/snapback]

This is a very valid point... :flirt: