Rate my fantasy draft

daquix

Hey guys - rate my fantasy draft:

QB - Peyton Manning

QB - Byron Leftwich

RB - Quentin Griffin (anyone will do good with Denvers line)

RB - Warrick Dunn

WR - Marvin Harrison

WR - Chad Johnson

WR - Ashley Lelie

TE - Soldier

TE - Marcus Pollard

K - Jeff Wilkings

Def - Baltimore

QB - Peyton Manning

QB - Byron Leftwich

RB - Warrick Dunn

WR - Marvin Harrison

WR - Chad Johnson

WR - Ashley Lelie

TE - Soldier

TE - Marcus Pollard

K - Jeff Wilkings

Def - Baltimore

1950[/snapback]

Good QBs

Crappy RBs

Great WRs

So-So TEs

K is a K

Great Def.

Overall grade - B. You definitely need RB help, QG is not proven yet and the Broncos have looked like stevestojan so far.

I like thge QB situation, however, Warrick Dunn will most likely suck it up this year, and Quentin griffin is questionable. I like the receivers and the rest of the team. I'm going to give you a B+.

Since we don't know what your draft position was or how your league is set up for scoring, this is a total crap shoot.

A+

WR - Marvin Harrison - rules will make him even better

A

QB - Peyton Manning

Def - Baltimore

A-

QB - Byron Leftwich- He can run it in from the one, throw the long ball, and has Taylor to turn a quick flare into mucho points.

TE#2 - Marcus Pollard- With Manning/Harrison, this a solid pick.

B-

WR - Chad Johnson- Carson Palmer?

RB - Warrick Dunn- can make big plays but will give up carries to TJ Duckett

WR - Ashley Lelie- Jake is as bad in Denver as he was in AZ

C

TE - Soldier- Rookie, holdout, mediocre team

D

RB - Quentin Griffin-Unknown, small backs are generally high risk/high reward. He may get 150 or 50.

INC

K - Jeff Wilkings- I don't even know who he plays for.

QB - Peyton Manning

QB - Byron Leftwich

RB - Warrick Dunn

WR - Marvin Harrison

WR - Chad Johnson

WR - Ashley Lelie

TE - Soldier

TE - Marcus Pollard

K - Jeff Wilkings

Def - Baltimore

1950[/snapback]

Nice 1 / 2 punch at QB / WR (Manning and Marvin). But the flip side is, if they get shut down in one game, it's trouble for that week.

What # did you have? How many teams? Scoring for D? (in my league, D/ST actually do pretty good. This includes and is not limited to Kick returns 1 point per 20 yds, 15 points for Shutting out an Offense, 10 points for 3-10 Off points, and so on.) Was it a snake draft?

so, at 1st glance I say a very solid B, almost a B-, because the RB's do not impress me and they are the main ingredient.

Good luck this year.

I've seen worse (some of my fantasy teams), but I've seen better. Good WRs; suspect RBs. Griffin will probably be the starter, but there's no guarantee that the Broncos will be able to move the ball this year. Who knows? I really think they've underestimated the value of Portis and/or overvalued their offensive line this time.

It was a 12 man league and I had the 11th pick ...

... Quentin Griffin has done great in pre-season against starting RB's and the more Plummer sucks the more carries he is gonna get!!

Wilkings was the #2 kicker last year

QB - Peyton Manning

QB - Byron Leftwich

RB - Warrick Dunn

WR - Marvin Harrison

WR - Chad Johnson

WR - Ashley Lelie

TE - Soldier

TE - Marcus Pollard

K - Jeff Wilkings

Def - Baltimore

1950[/snapback]

Great QBs

Bad RBs

Good WRs

So-so TEs

OK K

Great D

... Quentin Griffin has done great in pre-season against starting RB's and the more Plummer sucks the more carries he is gonna get!!

2271[/snapback]

The more Plummer sucks, the more opposing Ds are gonna stuff the run. Quentin Griffin will suck this year, mark my words.

QB - Peyton Manning

QB - Byron Leftwich

RB - Warrick Dunn

WR - Marvin Harrison

WR - Chad Johnson

WR - Ashley Lelie

TE - Soldier

TE - Marcus Pollard

K - Jeff Wilkings

Def - Baltimore

1950[/snapback]

QB: A+ Peyton's a stud who will rack up points and doesn't miss many snaps. Leftwich will fill in nicely during the Colts bye

RB: D This is the bread and butter of any fantasy team and you need an upgrade. Griffin may have a decent year but it may not translate into fantasy points and Dunn I think is Atlanta's #2 behind Duckett

WR: A+ Harrison always gets catches and you'll double up on points since he's catching passes from PM. Johnson is a good #2 fantasy WR although I think his number will drop off abit from last year with Palmer at QB. Lelie should provide adequate 3rd WR numbes in a fantasy league

TE: B- Would only rate a C but you'll double up on points if you start Pollard catching passes from PM

K: C You either get a great, average, or crappy production out of your kicker. JW is average

Def: A+ Baltimore is prolly the best fantasy team

Overall B+. You may be able to survive without upgrading your RB since you're getting points from both your QB/WR and QB/TE when they hookup with PM. See how Griffin works out for you and if Leftwich has a decent year maybe you can package QG/BL for a better RB

2271[/snapback]

I'm guessing you took Manning and Harrison with the 11th and 14th picks which is a huge mistake. You absolutely MUST take a higher caliber RB with one of those picks. Your RB will kill you. Duckett gets most of the goal line carries and thus TDs, dooming Dunn.

I've seen worse (some of my fantasy teams), but I've seen better.  Good WRs; suspect RBs.  Griffin will probably be the starter, but there's no guarantee that the Broncos will be able to move the ball this year.  Who knows?  I really think they've underestimated the value of Portis and/or overvalued their offensive line this time.

2086[/snapback]

Agreed. Denver looks like they might do a lot of falling behind early, any running back might end up getting less touches than normal.

Holmes, Tomlinson, Portis, Green, Henry .. etc were all gone at RB by the time I got my pick.

Jeff Wilkins is the #2 kicker in the league - you guys are on drugs

3579[/snapback]

who's on drugs? you asked for a grade. you need at least 1 STUD RB. Deuce McAllister, Alexander, FRED TAYLOR, and you still could have gotten either MH or PM with your 14th pick.

Fine, you have a good kicker. I won a Championship with 2 of the worst kickers, well one was extremely bad, and the other was middle of the road.

QB - Peyton Manning

QB - Byron Leftwich

RB - Warrick Dunn

WR - Marvin Harrison

WR - Chad Johnson

WR - Ashley Lelie

TE - Soldier

TE - Marcus Pollard

K - Jeff Wilkings

Def - Baltimore

1950[/snapback]

I don't want you to take this personal but you'll be sitting in the basement this year. The key to any fantasy team is RB. Plain and simple. 2 stud RBs = Fantasy playoffs. No Stud RB = basement.

I think Warrick Dunn is a solid #2 RB. If your league rewards you for receptions for a RB. I have read in more than one area that he is looked great in camp.

Griffin is an unknown. I would cross my fingers for Leftwich to tear it up big time early, and trade him or Chad Johnson for a sure thing #1RB and hope Griffin holds the starters position until you can get him replaced.

If you are going to build solid talent in two positions and let another position go weak, I think you picked the wrong position to be the weak spot.

Archived