Watch this video

Mile High

Link? And notice the special bond between he and Wyche. Is it possible Sam could take over the reigns IF MM doesn't return? After watching this I think it's likely.

If the link doesn't work go to Bills tv network and select Losman offseason work out. Sorry.

Wyche would be a good choice as HC, I think. At least he has NFL head coaching experience... and he was the last one to spark something in the Bengals prior to their current success. With this scenario, there would be some consistency and the team wouldn't be completely starting from scratch again.

Of course, all this will depend upon who the GM is going to be, eh?

I doubt with his health problems that Wyche would be willing to take on the duties and the insane hours of a head coaching job.

539881[/snapback]

It is a damn shame that we have a proven NFL coach on our staff, exactly what this team needs, and his health is too bad for the job. Wyche and Dick Lebeau would be a vast improvement.

It is a damn shame that we have a proven NFL coach on our staff, exactly what this team needs, and his health is too bad for the job. Wyche and Dick Lebeau would be a vast improvement.

539907[/snapback]

This brought up an interesting thought ...... I know there is a "chain of command" so to speak ...... and I know MM is the HEAD coach ..... but we DO have Wyche, and we DID have Lebeau on the staff (both with head coaching experiance). I would think some sort of "mentoring" would be going on with the rookie (and now second year) coach. I mean to say that both Sam and Dick have "been there, seen that" I would think MM would want to "lean" on their experiance a little bit ... and if MM did not activly seek help both Sam and Dick would offer help in the form of suggestions (behind the closed doors of the coaching offices to be sure so as to not undermine MM's authority).

Wyche would be a good choice as HC, I think. At least he has NFL head coaching experience... and he was the last one to spark something in the Bengals prior to their current success. With this scenario, there would be some consistency and the team wouldn't be completely starting from scratch again.

Of course, all this will depend upon who the GM is going to be, eh?

539808[/snapback]

Sam's carrer win record is under .400

(But he's a nice guy)

This brought up an interesting thought ...... I know there is a "chain of command" so to speak ...... and I know MM is the HEAD coach ..... but we DO have Wyche, and we DID have Lebeau on the staff (both with head coaching experiance). I would think some sort of "mentoring" would be going on with the rookie (and now second year) coach. I mean to say that both Sam and Dick have "been there, seen that" I would think MM would want to "lean" on their experiance a little bit ... and if MM did not activly seek help both Sam and Dick would offer help in the form of suggestions (behind the closed doors of the coaching offices to be sure so as to not undermine MM's authority).

540076[/snapback]

Dick LeBeau left before MM was coach.

I didn't actually mean to be MM specific, but generally Rookie Head Coach, with experianced ex-head coach assistants.

540126[/snapback]

Don't backpeddle, I believe you were accusing Mularkey of not leaning on Dick enough. Until you found out he doesn't know Dick.