One game away from the "Super Bowl"!

Buftex

I play the #1 (13-1) seed in my leauge this week, to try to get into the championship game...I lost two games to him this season, once by two points, and once by five...anyway...

Which running backs:

Willis McGahee @ Bengals

Thomas Jones @ Green Bay

Frank Gore @ Rams

Kevin Jones @ New Orleans

Also, you think Texans Jonathan Wells, playing against Jacksonville at home, or Lions Artoise Pinner, playing at New Orleans are worth picking up, over my other options? I really am that desperate at running back....Thomas Jones has been my only reliable RB all season...McGahee, my first round pick, has been pretty disappointing, the rest have been useless...I traded Cadillac Williams for Steve Smith early in the season (good trade as it turned out!), and just lost Samkon Gado for the season....

While we are at it, which defense:

NY Giants (at Washington)

or

Seahawks (vs the Colts)

pick up Wells.

Jax has a terrible run defense and RB's have been having great games against them all season. If he starts he could really score some points.

539030[/snapback]

If I pick up Wells, should I start him, over Frank Gore or Willis McGahee?

If I pick up Wells, should I start him, over Frank Gore or Willis McGahee?

539041[/snapback]

Yes. But we aware that Davis has not been rules out as a starter yet. Keep an eye on it. If Davis is not playing, then Wells will get 80+ yards.

Wells could have a tough game against the Jags good run defense; they aren't the Cardinals.
You are not very familiar with the Jags defense are you? They are a siv when it comes to rushing defense.

Definitely go with Thomas Jones and either the other Jones or Gore. Go with the Giants D,because that Indy-Hawk game could be another high-scoring game like the Colts-Bolts from last week.

540638[/snapback]

At the risk of sounding tacky, do you think the events surrounding the Dungy family will adversely effect the Colts performance? I know that they are supposed to rest starters, and Harrison is not playing at all. Also, Freeny is banged up, Corey Simon will likely be out...part of me thinks this will be a Seahawks rout, but then I can also forsee the Colts, comig off the loss, and the tragic events in Florida, coming out and destroying the Seahawks...

I am torn...I am leaning toward the Giants, like you say, because that Colts/Seahawks game seems wildly unpredictable...

At the risk of sounding tacky, do you think the events surrounding the Dungy family will adversely effect the Colts performance?  I know that they are supposed to rest starters, and Harrison is not playing at all.  Also, Freeny is banged up, Corey Simon will likely be out...part of me thinks this will be a Seahawks rout, but then I can also forsee the Colts, comig off the loss, and the tragic events in Florida, coming out and destroying the Seahawks...

I am torn...I am leaning toward the Giants, like you say, because that Colts/Seahawks game seems wildly unpredictable...

541069[/snapback]

Part of me wanted to possibly pick the Hawks earlier this week,but I think some of the Colts backups are capable of playing well. I picked the Colts anyway. I would still go with the Giants D even though theyre playing at Washington. Anyone who has the Colts D AND the Hawks D on their fantasy team must be pulling their hair out,because who knows what will happen there! :flirt:

Part of me wanted to possibly pick the Hawks earlier this week,but I think some of the Colts backups are capable of playing well. I picked the Colts anyway. I would still go with the Giants D even though theyre playing at Washington. Anyone who has the Colts D AND the Hawks D on their fantasy team must be pulling their hair out,because who knows what will happen there!  ;)

541274[/snapback]

Holy crap! I went with the Giants defense, and at the last second, chickened out and put Willis McGahee in for Frank Gore. I shoulda stuck with Gore, same yardage as Willis, but two td's to tack on to it...

Anyways, at the risk of jinxing myself, I am in good shape, despite sub-par performances by my two best players, Carson Palmer and Steve Smith. Smith was ejected! At the end of the Christmas Eve football day, I am ahead of my oppenent by 19 points. He still has Tom Brady going on Monday night, but I have Thomas Jones tomorrow night. If they both just have their average game, I win by about 10 points! I am wondering if the Patriots, with Brady's shoulder nagging, have a lot of reason to play Brady a ton...they have won their division, I suppose their is a chance they might catch the Bengals for the 3rd seed, as opposed to the fourth....

What really helped me, was that my oppenent had Edgerin James and Mike Anderson as his running backs. Both saw very little action after the first quarter of their respective games...

Thanks for everyone's input...Merry Christmas!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.