Night games

That is sad.  I went to the MNF game between the Vikings and the Packers and it was one of the greatest atmospheres I have been to.  Yes, it was a Monday but that was a civic holiday and all the sports bars were packed all day.  The crowds were behaved the whole time and considering there was an invasion of Vikes fans there, that should have been a recipe for disaster.  But all the fans were polite to each other that I saw.  My friend was decked out in Vikings gear and a dozen fans congratulated him on the walk out of the stadium.

538073[/snapback]

that's just how people are in that part of the country...they're civil! the upper midwest is great like that. the more often i go out there the more i like it.

billsfanmiami(oh) hit the nail on the head with emotions + alcohol = trouble. It wasn't the NFL but I was at both the OSU-Texas and the OSU-PSU game this year. At the Texas game I saw first hand what some OSU "fans" were doing and it was awful. Pouring beer on people and cursing out 8 y/o kids with Texas shirts. At Penn State I was on the receiving end of physical abuse and it wasn't fun. What did both games have in common? Both were HUGE games that were both on a Sat. night. The thing about Saturdays are that you can drink all day and recover form your hang over on Sunday. But you also have to remember that whenever you have thousands of people in one place it only takes 50 to give the entire fan base a black eye.

Easy solution to this problem. At Yankee Stadium, you can't enter if you appear to be intoxicated. You can take a breathalyzer if you feel that you've been unfairly tagged by security. Same policy should be implemented and actually enforced here for both day and night games. This would take care of most of the parking lot drunks and allows normal people not looking to get drunk to tailgate.

During all night games (start times 4pm and later), limit alcohol sales to pregame and the first quarter just like Saturday night. That allows responsible people to enjoy a couple drinks during the game and prevents the idiots from becoming too intoxicated (many of which can't afford to get too drunk on stadium beer anyway). There haven't been too many issues with the 1pm games so sell until halftime as usual for those.

Good point by sullim. Like it a lot. Empower the security at the ticket taking entrances to use their judgment to determine if someone should enter if there's a suspicion of being drunk. Plus, limiting beer sales and being on top of poor fan behavior BEFORE it starts and it would almost be a pleasurable experience to go to a game again. (Nothing like hearing the "c-word" desribing a Buffalo Jill, or, God forbid if you rooted for the other team!)

The excuse of "Buffalo shouldn't host night games" is a lame one at that. If security was doing their job enforcing all the b.s that goes on in the parking lots BEFORE the games and using the previously mentioned idea, then you wouldn't have fans thinking that they're T.O. (drawing attention to themselves for boorish behavior.)