Roscoe Parrish was the dumbest draft pick

Stl Bills

agreed!! i'm glad someone finally said this. i've been very critical of donohoe, but getting out of drafting high in the 05 draft and positioning himself for the very deep 06 draft was very wise (at least as it relates to the draft). the bills will end up with a high first rounder, a high second rounder, 2 high thirds, and a late 3rd. it's allegedly the best o-line draft in years.

p.s. i sure hope the bills win one or both of their next two games so they end up drafting between 6 & 10. it's less money, and the talent won't be worse.  remember, the bills will have no interest in the marquee guys -- reggie bush and matt leinart.

538995[/snapback]

I did not agree with trading for Losman. In this, the "salary cap" era, there is usually a Brad Johnson floating around for a filler, and this year could be filled with vet QB UFAs - Kitna, possibly Culpepper, Harrington etc. I just think a team should use the Draft to get immediate help and use FA to get a QB. Experience matters most at QB. The Bills spent a Second and a Fifth and the 05 First for Losman. The two year result of that is not promising. The whole idea of trading up for the rookie QB without decent pass protection is arse backwards. You fix the OL first, then get the rookie QB if you insist on having a rookie QB.

TD has done some good things but, overall, he has not gotten it done. The whole scheme doesn't seem to be very well thought out either. TD also has a fetish for warm weather college players like Big Mike (Texas), Losman (Tulane), Willis, Roscoe and Everett (Miami) as if the "climate change" aspect is to be ignored.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill - are you really this savvy? If so, kudos to you. This would mean, however, that you were critical of the pick when it was made and objected at that time to what he was paid.

Is that the case?

538969[/snapback]

it is for me.

Teflon was too busy patting himself on the back for selecting Joey H when he realized that Millen pulled the rug from under his entire draft.

TD should have spent the time to figure out a way out of that #4 spot, even if it meant taking less than "fair" value in trade.

PS: TD should not have any input on any future QB acquisitions. He has no clue how to evaluate a QB.

Bill - are you really this savvy? If so, kudos to you. This would mean, however, that you were critical of the pick when it was made and objected at that time to what he was paid.

Is that the case?

538969[/snapback]

I am not so savy, but I wanted TD to draft McKinnie because he was a left tackle.

There is a very recent #2 overall pick playing at RT.  But im sure you will reply with he will be a LT.

TD missed on Mike Williams, many GM's thought he was the top OT in the draft. 

TD's problems have been the QB spot and coaching choices.  If he hits on those, we wouldnt be talking about him getting fired. 

He deserves credit for signing Mike Gandy.  Gandy has played at a higher level than Jonas Jennings.  He signed an undrafted Free agent that has the potential to be a star OT.  Although he has lacked mid round OL selections in the draft, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders, he has done alot of good things in the draft and in free agency.  He let two players go that should still be here, Rueben Brown and Pat Williams.

But, the reason he will be fired is because he missed on head coaches and QB's, not because of Mike Williams, Roscoe Parrish, and Josh Reed.

538992[/snapback]

If you are talking about Gallery, he was drafted as a left tackle. I don't know what he will be, but it looks as if he is a flop.

As for Gandy, we can surely agree to disagree. Gandy has been better than I thought, but he is imo not even almost as good as a healthy Jennings (oxymoron?). Do you think that a team would give Gandy a 40 million dollar contract if he was a UFA? Again, he is better than I thought. Gandy is the Kelly Holcombe of Left Tackles imo.

Wrt draft selections, TD drafted only a few productive players in recent memory. Injured small people are of little help to NFL Football teams.

TD also has a fetish for warm weather college players like Big Mike (Texas), Losman (Tulane), Willis, Roscoe and Everett (Miami) as if the "climate change" aspect is to be ignored.

539076[/snapback]

Uh huh…that ‘ol devil. What could TD be thinking! :D

Top 3 Rushers through week 15:

Player...........................College..................Home Town

1) Shaun Alexander......Alabama.................Florence, KY

2) Tiki Barber................Virginia...................Roanoke, VA

3) Edgerrin James.........Miami.....................Immokalee, FL

Top 3 Passers:

1) Tom Brady................Michigan..................San Mateo, CA

2) Payton Manning.......Tennessee...............New Orleans, LA

3) Carson Palmer.........Southern Cal............Fresno, CA

Top 3 WRs:

1) Steve Smith..............Utah........................Los Angeles, CA

2) Chad Johnson..........Oregon State............Miami, FL

3T) Santana Moss.........Miami.......................Miami, FL

3T) Anquan Boldin.........Florida State............Pahokee, FL

AFC Pro Bowl OTs:

Willie Anderson.............Auburn....................Whistler, AL

Jonathan Ogden...........UCLA.......................Washington, DC

Willie Roaf....................Louisiana Tech.........Pine Bluff, AR

Maybe the Bills should draft more players from U.B. B-)

TD has done some good things but, overall, he has not gotten it done.  The whole scheme doesn't seem to be very well thought out either.  TD also has a fetish for warm weather college players like Big Mike (Texas), Losman (Tulane), Willis, Roscoe and Everett (Miami) as if the "climate change" aspect is to be ignored.

539076[/snapback]

Talk about about a fetish, you seem to have one for totally uncorroborated statements.

I will be the first to nominate this statement as the one with the "least of amount of research and reflection" of the year.

Climate change aspect? I guess we cannot draft any players from USC, UCLA, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Florida State, Florida, Miami, Georgia, Goergia Tech, LSU, Clemson, Louisville, Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee...........

PS: TD should not have any input on any future QB acquisitions. He has no clue how to evaluate a QB.

539367[/snapback]

I disagree. TD has a long and proud history of successfully choosing QBs. He chose Neil O'Donnell. And, um, um, Neil O'Donnell! Then there was, ah, Neil O'Donnell. Did I mention Neil O'Donnell?

Surely, his good choices, such as Neil O'Donnell, outweigh the bad (Kordell Stewart, Bledsoe, the Harrington attempt, and maybe Losman).

He deserves credit for signing Mike Gandy. Gandy has played at a higher level than Jonas Jennings.

You must be reffering to this year because Jonas was hurt for the 49ers and only started two games. If you comparing Gandy's play to that of Jennings play in 04 then you are mistaken, Jonas is a better LT.

You must be reffering to this year because Jonas was hurt for the 49ers and only started two games.  If you comparing Gandy's play to that of Jennings play in 04 then you are mistaken, Jonas is a better LT.

539787[/snapback]

True. But Gandy has not been the bust many predicted prior to the season. He's not been the weakest link on this line by any stretch of the imagination, and I'd even go so far as to say he's outplayed CV who was a much more expensive FA pickup.

True. But Gandy has not been the bust many predicted prior to the season. He's not been the weakest link on this line by any stretch of the imagination, and I'd even go so far as to say he's outplayed CV who was a much more expensive FA pickup.

couldn't agree more, just think Jonas was better-although for dollar value (Jonas got paid out the ass by the 9ers) Gandy might be the better option. I just don't see him being a long term solution to or LT problem.

couldn't agree more, just think Jonas was better-although for dollar value (Jonas got paid out the ass by the 9ers) Gandy might be the better option. I just don't see him being a long term solution to or LT problem.

I dont think Jonas was worth the 35-40 million deal he got. I dont think Jonas was any better of a player then what we are getting from Gandy. Both players are talented and have suffered from injuries which has slowed dow their careers.

Both players are better suited playing OG. Howevere, both player, when healthy, get the job done whereever they play. None dominate at OT, but are reliable. The Bills OL is hurt because of a weak middle. Too many fans are caught up in having this huge amazing LT, but the reality is that only a few teams have that. Yes it helps, but its just not the norm.

I was watching Playbook the other day. They were talking about how the OL in Miami is basically the same group of guys, but in Sabans system and the coaching of their OL coach, i cant remember his name, the Fins OL is opening up holes and protecting the QB.

Only a foolish fan will say if we sign these OL, our trouble will be over. In fact, Detroit is proof of that since they signed 2 OL that bills fans wished that TD signed.

You need the coaching to put the players in a position to make plays and win games and You need the QB that knows how to run the offense.