My vote for Coach of the Year

Adam

I would imagine L. Smith will win it, but I agree with you 100%...How in the world the Fish have won 7 Games with that Roster is beyond me...I mean...Do they even have a QB (well I know the guy that burned us for umpteenmillion yards in the 2nd Half was a back-up...He's named after some kinda spice I think...The Starter is a career back-up...well at least recent career...)?  :(

Anyway, no question Saban has done a hell of a job down there...And it does tell me a College HC who is a proven winner can come in the NFL and get his message across...Should be interesting to see if the Fish can take that next step in 2006...Of coarse they will need a QB eventually, but I get the feeling Saban will have them playing hard every week, and more importantly have them believing in the system...

Makes me like Kirk Ferentz more and more each day... :doh:

536529[/snapback]

I'm a Tressell guy, myself- and I think he'd make a great NFL coach

Disagree how did Dungy lose it today?  They are 13-1.  13-1 man.

536527[/snapback]

I'm speaking in a "trying to predict how the media will vote" way MH.

If they went undefeated, then Dungy could have won, but at 15-1 or 14-2 they will not vote for him. They were the preseason Super Bowl favorites, and they've done about what was expected. "Coach of the Year" is always given to some coach that is on a team that exceeded expectations or has a substantial turnaround from last year. Without that undefeated mark, no coach that was on a team that was expected to win double digit games can win.

BuffOrange mentioned Shanahan. He has no chance. I bet that a Super Bowl winning coach has never won coach of the year subsequently while with the same organization (I'm pretty sure Parcells won it in New England in 1994).

Someone, somewhere (I forget who) in the media was talking in earnest about Mike Tice being coach of the year yesterday. That says all you need to know about that award.

I'm speaking in a "trying to predict how the media will vote" way MH.

If they went undefeated, then Dungy could have won, but at 15-1 or 14-2 they will not vote for him. They were the preseason Super Bowl favorites, and they've done about what was expected. "Coach of the Year" is always given to some coach that is on a team that exceeded expectations or has a substantial turnaround from last year. Without that undefeated mark, no coach that was on a team that was expected to win double digit games can win.

BuffOrange mentioned Shanahan. He has no chance. I bet that a Super Bowl winning coach has never won coach of the year subsequently while with the same organization (I'm pretty sure Parcells won it in New England in 1994).

Someone, somewhere (I forget who) in the media was talking in earnest about Mike Tice being coach of the year yesterday. That says all you need to know about that award.

537318[/snapback]

You should update your av, kid.

I hate to say it, considering he's with those vile fishies, but he's done more with less than anybody.

Marvin Lewis and Tony Dungy have done magnificent jobs- it takes much more than talent to win, but even though they've exceeded expectations, I think the trouts have exceeded excpectations a lot more.

536275[/snapback]

the season isn't over yet. if the pats end up 11-5, i'd give it to belichick because of the losses of weis, crennell, and over half the secondary.