Any West Wing fans?

gflande1

Bummer. I wonder if the entire season has already been shot.

John Spencer was fun to watch on TWW and Law & Order. Here's the Continuity Site.

My favorite line he delivered on TWW:

Leo is talking to Josh after he's diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder:

"This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out."

"A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, 'Hey you. Can you help me out?' The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on."

"Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, 'Father, I'm down in this hole can you help me out?' The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on."

"Then a friend walks by, 'Hey, Joe, it's me can you help me out?' And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, 'Are you stupid? Now we're both down here.' The friend says, 'Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.'"

My mouth was agape for a few minutes after I heard that tonight. Got into WW late, but it has/d turned into one of the two shows I had to watch. Last season and this year have been a little disappointing, post-Sorkin.

His character is running for VP, and they've been fast pulling the past stars off the stage with the cane. Somewhat precient that his character suffered a major coronary that required him to step back from his position as chief of staff.... With this news, I don't know how the hell they work it into the show and who might try to fill his shoes (regardless what you think of TWW's slant, JS was a damn fine actor). They've filmed episodes up to the title of "Two Weeks Out [until the election]" meaning that John Wells and his writers are going to have some tough decisions and/or some serious tap-dancing to do. Truly, I think this may be the final nail for its cancellation/non-renewal at the end of this season.

Bummer.  I wonder if the entire season has already been shot.

John Spencer was fun to watch on TWW and Law & Order.  Here's the Continuity Site.

My favorite line he delivered on TWW:

Leo is talking to Josh after he's diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder:

"This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out."

"A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, 'Hey you. Can you help me out?' The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on."

"Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, 'Father, I'm down in this hole can you help me out?' The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on."

"Then a friend walks by, 'Hey, Joe, it's me can you help me out?' And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, 'Are you stupid? Now we're both down here.' The friend says, 'Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.'"

534548[/snapback]

I remember that line. Great episode. He'll be missed.