The General Managers of Buffalo Sports

Like A Mofo

Tom Donahaue came into town when the Bills were totally down, provided a spark in the team with signings such as Spikes, Adams, trading for Bledsoe etc....a lot of us, including myself, thought we might have had the right guy to bring the Bills back to becoming a playoff team and a SB contender again....

Boy is that proving to be wrong, looks like he had a lot of us fooled.

Darcy Regier, since becoming Sabres GM, has watched the team decline, has been a target of lots of criticism from Buffalo fans (including myself) over the years, and especially this past offseason, when Darcy stood pat for the most part while letting former 40 goal scorer Miroslav Satan leave town along with Alexei Zhitnik.

But it might appear the Regier might have had another eye on what could change in the NHL (maybe), but whatever he didnt do or do, the Sabres are a true TEAM, and seem to have a much clearer direction and a more promising future then the Buffalo Bills do at this point.

Amazing how fast things can change in sports, isn't it?

I see your connection between Donahoe and Reiger, but my biggest worry is that Donahoe leaves Buffalo and goes on to have a second revival, a la another failed Sabres GM -- Scotty Bowman.

532705[/snapback]

I wouldnt worry about that too much to be honest.

and even if TD does, its CLEAR he needs to go.

Tom Donahaue came into town when the Bills were totally down, provided a spark in the team with signings such as Spikes, Adams, trading for Bledsoe etc....a lot of us, including myself, thought we might have had the right guy to bring the Bills back to becoming a playoff team and a SB contender again....

532674[/snapback]

The Bills were 8-8 when Donahoe came to town, making the playoffs the two prior seasons.

Bowman was way better before AND after he got to Buffalo. Took the expansion Blues to three straight Stanley Cup Finals in the late 60's, dominated everyone with Montreal in the 70's. SUCKED BIG TIME in Buffalo. Took over for Bob Johnson in Pittsburgh and won a cup then dominated in Detroit. The difference is he only had to build a team in Buffalo. All the others were built for him. That was his downfall in Buffalo.

Darcy Regier, since becoming Sabres GM, has watched the team decline, has been a target of lots of criticism from Buffalo fans (including myself) over the years, and especially this past offseason, when Darcy stood pat for the most part while letting former 40 goal scorer Miroslav Satan leave town along with Alexei Zhitnik.

532674[/snapback]

i will be a lot happier if Regier trades Biron right now while his value is through the roof.