Congrats To Reggie Bush

R. Rich

What an interesting struggle that was; the battle for the most coveted award in the history of awards!

Seriously though, I think Bush is clearly the best player in college football, so he did deserve the award. Now, the real award will come on draft day for whoever the top pick is: the big signing bonus!! $$$

Orlando Pace may have gotten denied the Hypeman in his last year @ Ohio State, but he got the top overall pick, as he should have, and the big bucks also. I still think it was a joke that he didn't win the Hypeman that year, as he's the one who gave linemen a stat: the pancake block. He was as dominant as any player I've had the chance to see play, but because he didn't play a glamour position, he was denied. In hindsight, I'm sure he doesn't care much though. He's done quite enough in the NFL to justify himself as one of the best to play his position.

Bush, barring injury, should be entertaining as an NFL back. I think the best way to describe him is "Marshall Faulk, but faster. MUCH faster!"

Bush is not a NFL workhorse type RB but can still carry the ball 15-20 times, catch 5-8 passes and be your primary return guy on ST's.

If he can get 25-30 total touches a game, opposing coaches will have plenty to worry about, since his ability to turn 5 yards into 50 is unparallel.

I envy the team that selects him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.