TD as Bills President only

gmanbfan

If TD is so good a promoting the Bills and getting people to buy tickets we should keep him in that position. However, if a change needs to be made I think we should get rid of his GM title and get someone new. There are some negatives to this, but it could be seen as a compromise position after this horrible season.

Winning is a pretty good promotion.

In all seriousness, how hard is it really to promote an NFL team? There's zero competition in the Buffalo area. You only have to contend with one other major sport. Why is TD considered so freaking valuable in this area of business?

If TD is so good a promoting the Bills and getting people to buy tickets we should keep him in that position. However, if a change needs to be made I think we should get rid of his GM title and get someone new. There are some negatives to this, but it could be seen as a compromise position after this horrible season.

530050[/snapback]

Is that you, Tom? What are you doing posting on TBD? Get back to running - or should I say ruining - the team. Of all the desparate job saving moves, this one is the saddest. Sheesh!

530050[/snapback]

Don't think TD would ever go for it...After all...TD see's himself as a Football guy 1st and foremost...Whether he is or not can be debated, but I'm pretty sure that is the part of the job he enjoys most...

I could be wrong...Who knows? :doh:

530050[/snapback]

Clearly this is not TD's modus operandi. He tends to get everyone involved in the decision process and works to build a concensus. By doing so, he removes the stigma of bad decision making from his court and spreads it over many people. As president he would continue to be a part of the draft process and football operations.

530050[/snapback]

RW is paying TD a boatload of cash to build a football team, not to sell tickets. That's where his so-called expertise is. TD got the title of President so that he wouldn't have to answer to anyone but the 80+ year old owner of the team. I have no proof of this, but I bet TD does not have a lot to do with the non-football day-to-day operations. I'm sure there are plenty of qualified staff in the front office that take care of this.

TD has had 5 years to land this team in the playoffs and has failed miserably. Time for him to move on.

TD has had 5 years to land this team in the playoffs and has failed miserably.  Time for him to move on.

530171[/snapback]

Yes. From an ownership perspective, it's impossible not to make money in the NFL, but ownership can make consideribly greater profit by fielding a consitently competitive club. You get the full house, the better trinket sales, the glow that comes from prime tme appearances.

The money is nice, though. As B'gals owner Brown pleaded his sad case to get a new stadium, he said that he only earned 10 million off of his Dad's investment. That's only 27 thousand bucks per day - what a hardship. :D

530050[/snapback]

TD as unemployed only