Here's how stupid Mularkey is ...

SoCal Pat

He publicly sh-- (or is it shat?) upon the last link to the Jim Kelly era.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I pine more and more for those days, and appreciate what we had -- even if Eric's only season with Kelly was one of the more disappointing seasons we've endured. Nonetheless, Moulds represented a time when all was well with the Bills. To humiliate him like this is my final straw with this team as long as Mularkey and Donahoe are there. And that I'm actually saying that pains me in ways I'd never imagined feeling about the Bills.

Moulds, through mostly thin and thick, has always reported to camp on time, always in shape and stayed in Buffalo when he probably could've had more money and played for a Super Bowl winner. Think of what Philly would've avoided had they signed Moulds after the 2000 or 2001 (?) season and avoided the whole Owens fiasco? They would've played in more than one Super Bowl, and likely would've won one.

When talk of the truly great Bills comes around, Moulds has to be near the top of the list simply because no one has done more with less, O.J. Simpson notwithstanding. And the Bills' problems when the Juice was in his prime had nothing to do with the offensive side of the ball. The number of offensive coordinators, head coaches and quarterbacks Moulds has had to work under could stock a small league.

Knowing that Ralph had a say in this decision is equally disappointing, but not nearly as deplorable as Mularkey's idea to execute it. As an owner, Ralph has to give the appearance that he's behind his head coach first, second and last. Otherwise, who will come here when it's time to make a coaching change? There's probably still some grumblings in coaching circles about what he did with Wade Phillips and Ronnie Jones, and he has to avoid another such scenario for what would be the second time in five years.

Not for one minute do I believe that this means Mularkey's job is safe for 2006. Of course, I have to tell myself that so that I have some hope of giving a damn about this team next year.

Good post.

I agree with those sentiments. At the end of the day, we root for a uniform and team logo, especially with the way the NFL is these days (free agency, year over year turnover, etc...). Once in a while, there are exceptions. Moulds, in my opinion, was an exception to that. And it's a shame he is being treated this way as he finishes his career here.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I pine more and more for those days, and appreciate what we had -- even if Eric's only season with Kelly was one of the more disappointing seasons we've endured. Nonetheless, Moulds represented a time when all was well with the Bills. To humiliate him like this is my final straw with this team as long as Mularkey and Donahoe are there. And that I'm actually saying that pains me in ways I'd never imagined feeling about the Bills.

Moulds, through mostly thin and thick, has always reported to camp on time, always in shape and stayed in Buffalo when he probably could've had more money and played for a Super Bowl winner. Think of what Philly would've avoided had they signed Moulds after the 2000 or 2001 (?) season and avoided the whole Owens fiasco? They would've played in more than one Super Bowl, and likely would've won one.

When talk of the truly great Bills comes around, Moulds has to be near the top of the list simply because no one has done more with less, O.J. Simpson notwithstanding. And the Bills' problems when the Juice was in his prime had nothing to do with the offensive side of the ball. The number of offensive coordinators, head coaches and quarterbacks Moulds has had to work under could stock a small league.

Knowing that Ralph had a say in this decision is equally disappointing, but not nearly as deplorable as Mularkey's idea to execute it. As an owner, Ralph has to give the appearance that he's behind his head coach first, second and last. Otherwise, who will come here when it's time to make a coaching change? There's probably still some grumblings in coaching circles about what he did with Wade Phillips and Ronnie Jones, and he has to avoid another such scenario for what would be the second time in five years.

Not for one minute do I believe that this means Mularkey's job is safe for 2006. Of course, I have to tell myself that so that I have some hope of giving a damn about this team next year.

525847[/snapback]

525847[/snapback]

For a hundred reasons, Mularkey has demonstrated what a colossal fool he is. We're stuck with this idiot for 3 more years. He can't run an offense to save his life. His DC is running amuck and he can't control him. And people skills; yeah he's high on those. His claim to fame is he's Donahoe's buddy and probable only friend in Buffalo. Good move, Tom. Cowher was likely a few weeks from canning mixed up Mike before you showered him with riches, you moron.

For a hundred reasons, Mularkey has demonstrated what a colossal fool he is.  We're stuck with this idiot for 3 more years.  He can't run an offense to save his life.  His DC is running amuck and he can't control him.  And people skills; yeah he's high on those.  His claim to fame is he's Donahoe's buddy and probable only friend in Buffalo.  Good move, Tom.  Cowher was likely a few weeks from canning mixed up Mike before you showered him with riches, you moron.

525866[/snapback]

MM and TD are gone after this season. RW has too wait for the end of the season. Who would run the team if he cleaned house today ? He needs someone to game plan for the rest of the year. Sam Wyche can' do it all !

MM and TD are gone after this season. RW has too wait for the end of the season. Who would run the team if he cleaned house today ? He needs someone to game plan for the rest of the year. Sam Wyche can' do it all !

525891[/snapback]

Why does everyone assume Sam Wyche is going to stay if MM is canned? There is some loyalty there between the two. I wouldn't be surprised if Wyche quits if MM is canned.

After cheering for the Bills through thick and thin since the days of Joe Fergusion, I can only say this pisses me off the way Moulds has been treated. From the day Thurman Thomas brought him pizza to tease him, Moulds has been a loyal soldier and MM is doing the franchise an injustice by 1. not putting him in the Miami gameplan (outsmarted himself-again) and 2. by suspending the last link to the glory years.

Too sad!

525847[/snapback]

Great Post! These are very dark days for this organization.

525891[/snapback]

I agree, MM & TD are gone. Reading between the lines, I'll guess what Ralph said to Eric, poetic license meter on high:

"The coach wants to suspend you for the rest of the season. I had to come here and settle this because even though I know he's wrong, I can't publicly side with a head coach over a player. Eric, son, I have to have some credibilty when I hire a new coach next January, so take the one game suspension. If the next coach feels you're important to his offensive schemes, I hope you'd consider taking a pay cut and staying here, because you mean a lot more to me than those two idiots I currently have in charge, who are embarrassing both of us and running my team into the ground. Finally Eric, I'd like you to have these 2 pies my wife baked you. Now the one on the left, cut it and enjoy, it tastes great. The other pie, be careful how you cut it, it may not be too tasty, but when you open it up, you'll feel like $93,000-if you know what I mean (wink, wink)."

I agree, MM & TD are gone.  Reading between the lines, I'll guess what Ralph said to Eric, poetic license meter on high:

"The coach wants to suspend you for the rest of the season.  I had to come here and settle this because even though I know he's wrong, I can't publicly side with  a  head coach over a player.  Eric, son, I have to have some credibilty when I hire a new coach next January, so take the one game suspension.  If the next coach feels you're important to his offensive schemes, I hope you'd consider taking a pay cut and staying here, because you mean a lot more to me than those two idiots I currently have in charge, who are embarrassing both of us and running my team into the ground.  Finally Eric, I'd like you to have these 2 pies my wife baked you.  Now the one on the left, cut it and enjoy, it tastes great.  The other pie, be careful how you cut it, it may not be too tasty, but when you open it up, you'll feel like $93,000-if you know what I mean (wink, wink)."

525928[/snapback]

:pirate: