Sabres win in ot

Mile High

Anyone know if Miller is out of available trips to Rochester and/or if he could go there for a short regab assignment?  That might be the best way to go, just get him working again before really deciding it's OK to deal Marty...

526047[/snapback]

Miller will be in Roch this weekend for a tune-up game. I heard Lindy this morning.

Miller cleared (scroll to last paragraph)

They HAVE to make a deal.

Miller, Dumont and Briere are on injured reserve. Once they are healthy, the Sabres are required to activate them (part of the players agreement). Once one or more of them arre activated, someone has to be sent down to Rochester (if possible) or traded or waived. They are allowed to keep only 23 people on the active roster.

As part of the players agreement, most of the experienced players would have to be exposed to waivers before being sent to Rochester.

526043[/snapback]

Briere was never placed on IR. Also, the Sabres are currently carrying 22 players (including Briere). When Miller is activated, no one has to be sent down. As for Dumont, that's so far off in the future, if he comes back at all this year. That is not a concern right now.

It seems to me that this is the exact moment the Sabres have been waiting for since the day they drafted Miller.

But what the hell do I know, I haven't watched 1 hockey game this year.  <_<

525851[/snapback]

Just FYI, they drafted Miller in the sixth round. I don't know if the envisioned him being the starting goalie for this team ever. He continued to improve while in college and got better and better in Rochester.

I think you ride Marty until he loses. Give Miller a game in between, maybe the first Penguins game. Give Marty the second, and see how he fares. If he plays poorly, then go back to Miller. I can't see keeping a goalie out of the net that hasn't lost in three weeks regardless if he is a back-up, rookie, trade-bait, whatever. He hasn't lost.

Also another thing that bothers me about this situation that most fans don't look at. Marty is a real live human being. He has a lot of friends in that locker room and in the area. He knows his days are numbered. Think of that day in and day out starting in August til now. Its a heavy load that he has to carry on his shoulders. It won't be a surprise trade like that of Joe Thornton, this is a definite trade in the future, the question is WHEN. I feel for the guy, because athletes, are people too and i don't think any of us would work especially well knowing that we were only a day or two or three away from being transferred to another division inside the respective companies we work for.

I think you ride Marty until he loses.  Give Miller a game in between, maybe the first Penguins game.  Give Marty the second, and see how he fares.  If he plays poorly, then go back to Miller.  I can't see keeping a goalie out of the net that hasn't lost in three weeks regardless if he is a back-up, rookie, trade-bait, whatever.  He hasn't lost.

Also another thing that bothers me about this situation that most fans don't look at.  Marty is a real live human being.  He has a lot of friends in that locker room and in the area.  He knows his days are numbered.  Think of that day in and day out starting in August til now.  Its a heavy load that he has to carry on his shoulders.  It won't be a surprise trade like that of Joe Thornton, this is a definite trade in the future, the question is WHEN.  I feel for the guy, because athletes, are people too and i don't think any of us would work especially well knowing that we were only a day or two or three away from being transferred to another division inside the respective companies we work for.

526448[/snapback]

Biron's Goals Against Average is at it's highest point and his Save Percentage at it's lowest since 1995-96. Blame some of this on the "new NHL" with better scoring opportunities. However, I was surprised to find these stats as in a few of these recent games (Montreal) Biron has come up with some big saves.

The bottom line is that the Sabres with Biron are doing quite well. I say keep and play both Biron and Miller until the two goalie system washes out, another team loses their starting goalie and a trade is necessary. That shouldn't take too long especially when considering that Miller is considered the heir apparent and Biron can clearly start on another team.

Biron's Goals Against Average is at it's highest point and his Save Percentage at it's lowest since 1995-96.  Blame some of this on the "new NHL" with better scoring opportunities.  However, I was surprised to find these stats as in a few of these recent games (Montreal) Biron has come up with some big saves. 

526490[/snapback]

Take out Biron's stats against Ottawa and those number should look a lot better. I'm too lazy to do it myself right now.