Is this normal?

inkman

Guest BackInDaDay
...and draft/sign good OL men and hire a coach to teach Denver's blocking scheme's.  :flirt:

525122[/snapback]

It doesn't have to be Shanahan's system.

The offense we were told would be in place this September would suffice. It's a matter of making it happen, instead of just talking about it.

It doesn't have to be Shanahan's system.

The offense we were told would be in place this September would suffice.  It's a matter of making it happen, instead of just talking about it.

525159[/snapback]

Not to get too technical, but I was referring to the OL coach's (Teerlink?) techniques. They are effective, brutal and scary to opposing DL men. They zone block to the area where the ball carrier is headed while the OL men on the backside dive at the legs of the D-line to create cut back lanes. Defensive lineman loathe this style and are too worried about getting their knees blown out to care about tackling the damn RB.

I just remembered we are going to see this first hand. Maybe we can give them a dose of their own medicine. :flirt:

Not to get too technical, but I was referring to the OL coach's (Teerlink?) techniques.  They are effective, brutal and scary to opposing DL men.  They zone block to the area where the ball carrier is headed while the OL men on the backside dive at the legs of the D-line to create cut back lanes.  Defensive lineman loathe this style and are too worried about getting their knees blown out to care about tackling the damn RB. 

525226[/snapback]

It's called "Dirty". It's one way that works, that's for sure. I think Day Old's point is there are many effective methods. It would be nice if we used one of them. The Denver way isn't the ONLY way.

Guest BackInDaDay

That is too technical :flirt:, but you're right about it's effectiveness.

My point is this...

An offensive system which employs a balanced attack can make poor QBs average, average QBs good, and good QBs Pro-Bowlers.

This is the system JP was supposed to be in this season. Unfortunatley, our O linemen have been inconsistent ( to borrow Mularkey's word ) in their ability to take control of a game. It doesn't matter what type of run-blocking we employ as long as we can execute it effectively. This puts the D on their heels and lets the O dictate the game.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

I really enjoyed coming here up until the last week.  This is mostly depressing and regurgitated takes on TD, MM sucking.  Obviously, when things go wrong, heads need to roll but how many different threads need to be started about it? 

That being said, does everyone think JP has done enough to warrant being the franchise QB? 

Personally, I feel like he has shown flashes but the jury is still out.  Maybe this take is weak and regurgitated as well.  :pirate:

In the beginging of the season, he was jittery and erratic.  The benching seemed to do him some good as evidenced by some recent performances.  He still is inconsistant but his throws are more accurate and he is not making as many rookie mistakes.

524930[/snapback]

This is MILD. Should've been here for the Flutie/Johnson Wars.

Losman? He's not there yet, but I think he can get there. Some blocking might help, as might a viable downfield threat at TE.

That is too technical  :pirate:,  but you're right about it's effectiveness.

My point is this...

An offensive system which employs a balanced attack can make poor QBs average, average QBs good, and good QBs Pro-Bowlers.

This is the system JP was supposed to be in this season.  Unfortunatley, our O linemen have been inconsistent ( to borrow Mularkey's word ) in their ability to take control of a game.  It doesn't matter what type of run-blocking we employ as long as we can execute it effectively.  This puts the D on their heels and lets the O dictate the game.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

525257[/snapback]

The only reason I would suggest using Denver's blocking systems is that the system seems to make average OL-man play effectively. (see Trey Teague)

As far as overall offensive scheme, a run heavy attack was supposed to be what we were getting this year. Somewhere, it seems to have been lost in translation. Everybody was clamoring about using JP like Rothlisburger but the Bills didn't seem committed to the run until JP was benched. I think MM and TC fell in love with JP's arm and forgot that he still has a ton to learn.