Thank GOD we still have Poland

blzrul

Us pollacks have had some great people.

Copernicus told us the earth revolves around the sun.

Kozkuschio (sp?) and Pulaski helped us in the Revolutionary War.

Pope JP II.

They were the first eastern European country to get rid of the communists.

....wasn't that behavior reminiscent of Ghengis Khan?  :D

522547[/snapback]

Don't you be dissin' Temujin, now. He was a more remarkable man than most give him credit for. Practically invented the concepts of diplomatic immunity and religious freedom.

Which is why the Islamic world got their asses kicked. They killed his ambassadors. :D

Don't you be dissin' Temujin, now.  He was a more remarkable man than most give him credit for.  Practically invented the concepts of diplomatic immunity and religious freedom.

Which is why the Islamic world got their asses kicked.  They killed his ambassadors.  :D

522551[/snapback]

Have you read Jack Weatherford? My dad recommends it, but I haven't read it.

Ghengis Khan and the Modern World. (I think)

Have you read  Jack Weatherford? My dad recommends it, but I haven't read it.

Ghengis Khan and the Modern World. (I think)

522557[/snapback]

Yep, read it about a month ago. Fascinating work. Does a very good job of motivating the thesis that Genghis Khan was far from a bloodthirsty barbarian, but actually a fairly liberal thinker. Well worth picking up.

Yep, read it about a month ago.  Fascinating work.  Does a very good job of motivating the thesis that Genghis Khan was far from a bloodthirsty barbarian, but actually a fairly liberal thinker.  Well worth picking up.

522590[/snapback]

Bill: It is indeed a pleasure to introduce to you a gentleman we picked up in medieval Mongolia in the year 1269.

Ted: Please welcome, the very excellent barbarian...

Ted, Bill: ...MR. GENGHIS KHAN!

[All the students applaud wildly for Khan]

Ted: This is a dude who, 700 years ago, totally ravaged China, and who, we were told, 2 hours ago, totally ravaged Oshman's Sporting Goods.