O-Coordinator next year?

JCBoston

MMMkkay, so you want "Mad Mike" Martz?! The guy who let one of the best backs in the league pretty much sit the pine while he played air ball with the Pats in the Super Bowl? That "Mad Mike" Martz?! The guy who has made the playoffs recently not because his team has the most wins but the fewest losses in a god-awful division?! THAT "Mad Mike" Martz?!  I just don't know how to respond...

516738[/snapback]

I'd suggest banging your head against the wall till it hurts so this stuff starts to make sense.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MMMkkay, so you want "Mad Mike" Martz?! The guy who let one of the best backs in the league pretty much sit the pine while he played air ball with the Pats in the Super Bowl? That "Mad Mike" Martz?! The guy who has made the playoffs recently not because his team has the most wins but the fewest losses in a god-awful division?! THAT "Mad Mike" Martz?!  I just don't know how to respond...

516738[/snapback]

You respond like this in the past 7 years the rams haven't had an offense rank lower then 10th in the league. His system works. Yes as a head coach he's flawed, but as an offensive coordinator I don't see how bringing in martz is a bad idea at all. That offensive system just works. The chiefs/rams are the proof of it.

I'd suggest banging your head against the wall till it hurts so this stuff starts to make sense.

516747[/snapback]

My head hurts just reading some of the "professional insights" tendered here...."Mad Mike?!" So when they introduce Martz and Ditka at the press conference, will Martz be the one wearing the wedding dress? :doh:

Didn't that work for TD? :D

I know for sure I and a good number of other posters here could BS those 500 words and blather our way for a year or two for that million+ bucks  :doh:

516733[/snapback]

I blather a lot for a heck of a lot less than that.

Martz?

I hope for your sake Bobawhatever that you are purposely being facetious for the sheer amusement value. Otherwise, I think Lithium is still being prescribed.

You respond like this in the past 7 years the rams haven't had an offense rank lower then 10th in the league. His system works.  Yes as a head coach he's flawed, but as an offensive coordinator I don't see how bringing in martz is a bad idea at all.  That offensive system just works.  The chiefs/rams are the proof of it.

516750[/snapback]

Uh, how about because we play half of our games in BUFFALO and not a dome? The Chiefs' offense may use the same plays but the scheme is significantly different and so is the playcalling. KC also benefits from having one of the best OLines in football (except when Shields is out).

Martz's offense is eventually going to put Bulger in a wheelchair.

What does it matter?  Our horrid line was good enough to let McGahee make a difference.  And it's on the GM to get better guys.  He got 52 yards on effort, no help last Sunday.  He's going to be good when he does get the help.

What does this have to do with the phantom signing of a bad coach anyway?

516672[/snapback]

I hate to break it to you, but every running back (and every backup for that matter) will run well behind a good o-line. Good RBs are a dime a dozen, you can draft one in the first 3 rounds of every draft. Great RBs are another story altogether. Great RBs have explosive quickness, speed to take it to the house on any given play, pass catching threat out of the backfield, good blitz pickup, etc. McGahee does none of these things exceptionally well, he's an average to good RB, and I don't see that changing unless he miraculously regains this explosiveness he lost after the injury.

I hate to break it to you, but every running back (and every backup for that matter) will run well behind a good o-line.  Good RBs are a dime a dozen, you can draft one in the first 3 rounds of every draft.  Great RBs are another story altogether.  Great RBs have explosive quickness, speed to take it to the house on any given play, pass catching threat out of the backfield, good blitz pickup, etc.  McGahee does none of these things exceptionally well, he's an average to good RB, and I don't see that changing unless he miraculously regains this explosiveness he lost after the injury.

516791[/snapback]

Did Willis steal your lunch money back in the day? All these suppoused "great backs" have very good offensive line. Shaun Alexander has Hutchinson and Walter Jones, Larry Johnson has Willie Roaf, Brian Water, Will shields, John Welbourne, tiki barber has luke pettigut, chris snee, kareem mckenzie, Mcgahee has Mike Gandy and Bennie Anderson...... The disparity there is pretty large. I don't know the cause or your crusade against Willis but the act is getting tired.

Another common factor in these suppoused "great backs" is they have a semblence of a passing game. Off the top of my head the only top half rb's yardage wise that have a bad passing game are Thomas Jones and Mcgahee. Now I'm not saying Willis is great, He's a top 10-15 guy right now with potential to get better. Let's see where he's at if we develop some sort of passing game.

I hate to break it to you, but every running back (and every backup for that matter) will run well behind a good o-line.  Good RBs are a dime a dozen, you can draft one in the first 3 rounds of every draft.  Great RBs are another story altogether.  Great RBs have explosive quickness, speed to take it to the house on any given play, pass catching threat out of the backfield, good blitz pickup, etc.  McGahee does none of these things exceptionally well, he's an average to good RB, and I don't see that changing unless he miraculously regains this explosiveness he lost after the injury.

516791[/snapback]

He'll regain that on his new team. He's not getting hurt again, for Buffalo. Line or not, he lays down after being hit once 6 out of 8 plays. Was different last year. Look at the stiff arm thread. He knows he can run. He's just not doing it. Twice damaged goods are not going to command the salary with a good team. With rare exceptions, all players are mercenaries. Willis is all hype at this point. Think it all through. Best back in the league?

When he gets a team worthy of "Rosenhaus", he'll be a premier back. Right now, he's lucky to have a job. Another great TD decision. It's not going to be in Buffalo.

516738[/snapback]

You mean that "Mad Mike" Martz that won the Superbowl as OC to be our OC. Yes I do mean that "Mad Mike" Martz.

I blather a lot for a heck of a lot less than that.

Martz?

I hope for your sake Bobawhatever that you are purposely being facetious for the sheer amusement value. Otherwise, I think Lithium is still being prescribed.

516768[/snapback]

For the most part I am being facetious. But I would like to see "Mad Mike" Martz as our OC.

You mean because he inherited Orlando Pace?  The Rams OLine is a friggin disaster and has been since their last SB. 

Do any of you people ever watch other teams play?  Mike Martz is an abortion in horn rims.  He makes Mularkey's playcalling look totally lucid and his offense is probably the most difficult to learn in the NFL.

516731[/snapback]

It might be the most difficult after Grudens, but it isnt the easiest to predict like the Bills offense

Uh, how about because we play half of our games in BUFFALO and not a dome?  The Chiefs' offense may use the same plays but the scheme is significantly different and so is the playcalling.  KC also benefits from having one of the best OLines in football (except when Shields is out). 

Martz's offense is eventually going to put Bulger in a wheelchair.

516782[/snapback]

Don't forget too that their division features teams that have pretty much been 3 of the bottom 1/3 of teams when it comes to defense over that tenure...