Anyone had this thought?

brihs2005

That the off-season is a lot more fun for die-hards than the regular season... I think every year i look more and more forward to the draft, free agency, etc. Even those who expect the Bills to be bad seem to share some sense of optimism and the season just drives i out of us. But the past few years (outside of the run last season) the season has been a harsh reality while the off-season has been filled with hope and excitement.

Just venting and figured i would do it

That the off-season is a lot more fun for die-hards than the regular season... I think every year i look more and more forward to the draft, free agency, etc.  Even those who expect the Bills to be bad seem to share some sense of optimism and the season just drives i out of us.  But the past few years (outside of the run last season) the season has been a harsh reality while the off-season has been filled with hope and excitement.

Just venting and figured i would do it

514132[/snapback]

Well lately, if you are a die-hard Bills Fan, at least you have the opportunity to have some excitement in the Off Season. The best In-Season opportunity we have had in a few Years now was that Pittsburgh Home Game last Season...And we all know how that turned out... :blink:

I don't want to seem down on the team itself, but i am no longer optomistic for a victory each week. Now i just sort of force myself to watch, maybe to see a great play or to see JP progress. The fun is gone and it is all habit from here until the off-season. I think the New England loss was the one that deflated me the most.

This off-season scares me a bit though... another poster in another thread said that this off-season is going to be rough to watch from a player standpoint. Guys are getting older and not getting the job done, we might as well have 5 new players on the O-line next year, Sam Adams may be a cap cut as he appears in the dog-house, Moulds may be gone, Clements isn't worth the price of the franchise tag, but he will probably get it anyway (and i love NC, but he just isn't as good as proclaims). Seems like an overhaul may be likely, which doesn't give me the optimism i want going into next year. Eh, we will see what happens come February, but i hope FA signings, and smart manuvers at least make me as giddy and hopeful for next year as i have been for the past two seasons.

Its definitely a sad state of affairs when the off season has more to offer than the regualr season. But, I'm not at all worried that many of our players may be leaving this year for various reasons. Quite honestly, over the last several years, its difficult to name more than a few players that have actually played like they deserve to be on an NFL roster. I say good riddance to bad rubbish. Although many may be good, they certainly aren't getting it done here. So clean house for all I care. That goes for management as well.

Man, hope springs eternal! The offseason COULD vault this team into contention! Other teams have laid out the blueprint, it's simply up to management to build this team into a successful venture. Can it be done?? YES IT CAN! Will it? WHO KNOWS?? With some solid draft choices (a banner draft is neccessary!) and a free agency haul might turn the trick!! Don't give up the faith, even when it seems to be tougher than usual. I don't want an empty board here, that would negate our fun!! ;):lol:

It's just like the difference between dating someone and being married to someone.

While you're dating, everything is fun and exciting and optimistic. Anything goes and you look forward to all the new things you'll try and learn and anticipate.

When you're married, you stop getting blowjobs. And you sit around thinking about the more exciting days when everything was new and blowjobs could happen at any time, completely unexpected.

But excitement is just like anything else: the more you have, the less you appreciate it. Which is why being married is so much better. You learn to appreciate and apply a greater value to the things you started to take for granted. Suddenly, when you least expect it...WHAMMO...it's your birthday, the kids are asleep, you've had a couple of beers, you're kicking back on the couch to appreciate the day, and suddenly your wife is dropping to her knees in front of you.

Nut up, dude. Enjoy the game for what it is, not for your idea of what you think it should be. When we do start winning...and we WILL start winning one day...you'll appreciate it much more.

It's just like the difference between dating someone and being married to someone.

While you're dating, everything is fun and exciting and optimistic. Anything goes and you look forward to all the new things you'll try and learn and anticipate.

When you're married, you stop getting blowjobs. And you sit around thinking about the more exciting days when everything was new and blowjobs could happen at any time, completely unexpected.

But excitement is just like anything else: the more you have, the less you appreciate it. Which is why being married is so much better. You learn to appreciate and apply a greater value to the things you started to take for granted. Suddenly, when you least expect it...WHAMMO...it's your birthday, the kids are asleep, you've had a couple of beers, you're kicking back on the couch to appreciate the day, and suddenly your wife is dropping to her knees in front of you.

Nut up, dude. Enjoy the game for what it is, not for your idea of what you think it should be. When we do start winning...and we WILL start winning one day...you'll appreciate it much more.

515009[/snapback]

umm, wow... i guess anytime fellatio and the bills are talked about in a thread we all have a reason to rejoice