Hemet/San Jacinto Eagles season ends at the

We made the playoffs and then we avenged our worst loss of the year in the prelim round.......

But went down (hard) in the quarterfinals against an undefeated team (led the league in scored points and only gave up 30 something all year. This was also a team (there are about 4 of them) who are severely stretching the rule on bringing down high school players to play on their Junior All American Team.

Our team had no high schoolers.

Even though we lost 24-0 the sad part is we could have WON this game.....I was just sick after the game.

We kick off......they start a drive on us but we force a fumble.....

My kid (FB) who had a small case of bronchitis then proceeded to chew them up to the toon of 3 carries for over 50 yards on the drive......getting to their 10

You could just see their coaching staff becoming unrattled because they couldn't stop him......he would break at least 2 tackles on every play.

Then our HC decided to get cute...put in our notorious (screw it up when it matters) cancer player who promptly fumbles the ball at the 5.

I couldn't believe it....as an Asst Coach I have no final say in matters but do have input....and I let him know exactly what I thought of that......

Result? My son didn't get the ball again until the end of the 2nd...and only got 6 carries total on the day (for almost 70 yards)

On defense we held them again and again.........but we also get going 3 and out on offense with stupid playcalling and passing by the time we made it to the half we were down 16-0.......the defense came out and busted but in the 3rd but offensive stalls resulted in no points. by the 4th our HC had given up and was playing his second string who also played well on defense.

So....that is it for junior football.....want to hear something equally sad? Try having your son tell you that the opposing HC shook his hand after the game and said he was so glad he didn't keep running the ball....pathetic. On to high school now......from here on I guess I am in the stands.

I was kind of hoping on looking forward to having a problem next week on how I was going to get Brett to both basketball and football practices. He made his middle school basketball team (12 were selected.....over 75 kids tried out)

We made the playoffs and then we avenged our worst loss of the year in the prelim round.......

But went down (hard) in the quarterfinals against an undefeated team (led the league in scored points and only gave up 30 something all year.  This was also a team (there are about 4 of them) who are severely stretching the rule on bringing down high school players to play on their Junior All American Team. 

Our team had no high schoolers.

Even though we lost 24-0 the sad part is we could have WON this game.....I was just sick after the game.

We kick off......they start a drive on us but we force a fumble.....

My kid (FB) who had a small case of bronchitis then proceeded to chew them up to the toon of 3 carries for over 50 yards on the drive......getting to their 10

You could just see their coaching staff becoming unrattled because they couldn't stop him......he would break at least 2 tackles on every play.

Then our HC decided to get cute...put in our notorious (screw it up when it matters) cancer player who promptly fumbles the ball at the 5.

I couldn't believe it....as an Asst Coach I have no final say in matters but do have input....and I let him know exactly what I thought of that......

Result?  My son didn't get the ball again until the end of the 2nd...and only got 6 carries total on the day (for almost 70 yards)

On defense we held them again and again.........but we also get going 3 and out on offense with stupid playcalling and passing by the time we made it to the half we were down 16-0.......the defense came out and busted but in the 3rd but offensive stalls resulted in no points. by the 4th our HC had given up and was playing his second string who also played well on defense.

So....that is it for junior football.....want to hear something equally sad?  Try having your son tell you that the opposing HC shook his hand after the game and said he was so glad he didn't keep running the ball....pathetic.  On to high school now......from here on I guess I am in the stands.

I was kind of hoping on looking forward to having a problem next week on how I was going to get Brett to both basketball and football practices.  He made his middle school basketball team (12 were selected.....over 75 kids tried out)

507358[/snapback]

Congrats to your son and his team for their good season none the less. As for the

HC, my sympathies.