Bills

Casey D

Looking at the schedule, I'd rank the difficulty of opponents of the Bills as follows, taking into account venue:

1.San Diego

2.Cincinnati

3/4. Carolina/Denver(about the same)

5.Miami

6.New England

7.NY Jets

For New England:

1/2. KC/Buffalo(these are must lose if Bills are to have a chance)

3. Tampa

4. at NYJ

5. Miami

6. New Orleans

7. NYJ

If the Bills win their 3 divisional games, they need to split the other 4 to get to 9-7.

New England almost certainly will not lose at home to NO, Miami or NYJ, so the margin of error for the Bills is extremely small. It seems to me even if Buffalo can go 5-2 down the stretch--a big if-- we are going to need some unlikely help for New England to lose 3 more. The win for them at Miami on Sunday was pretty big, looking at their remaining schedule...CD

Yeah, so chances would be zilch.

Standings are so misleading - with NE's front-loaded schedule and ours backloaded, we needed to have at least a 2 game lead at the midway point to have any chance. The Saints & Raider games were the season and there's just no getting aroudn it.

Standings are so misleading - with NE's front-loaded schedule and ours backloaded, we needed to have at least a 2 game lead at the midway point to have any chance.  The Saints & Raider games were the season and there's just no getting aroudn it.

503672[/snapback]

I think that is about right. Unless the Bills win a game they plainly should not--like on the road against SD or Cin-- then there is no getting those easier games back. The Bills need to pull a surprise or two to really get in this-- or for NE to lose a game or two you would not expect...

Standings are so misleading - with NE's front-loaded schedule and ours backloaded, we needed to have at least a 2 game lead at the midway point to have any chance.  The Saints & Raider games were the season and there's just no getting aroudn it.

503672[/snapback]

I thought we had a better shot at winning the game at NE....considering they

were down by 10 with 5 minutes to go.