D'Brickshaw Ferguson

Bill from NYC

I can't fully vouch for the following; it is just something I was told.....

A friend of mine owns 3 7/11 stores. He stated that D'Brickshaw's father has a big reigonal job for 7/11. He claims to know him well and further stated that his mother is a registered nurse. He said that they are a truly beautiful family.

He said that he has known the family for many years, and that D'Brickshaw is a nice, smart, well adjusted kid who has his head on straight.

If only there was a way. :lol:

Good post, Bill. D'Brickashaw Ferguson may very well be one of the best LT prospects since Orlando Pace. This kid's athleticism is uncanny, and he's put on some muscle and has shown some good strength in the games I've seen him play.

e-dog; top 5 @ the least. More like top 3. I know one thing; if Houston has a top 3 pick (likely), he'll probably be their choice.

R. Rich, what do you think of Winston at Miami ? Do you think he could play the left side in the NFL ?

503923[/snapback]

Winston has continued his solid play, and is now considered the 2nd best tackle prospect in the draft behind Ferguson. Of the top 3 prospects going into this season (Feguson, Marcus McNeill of Auburn and Winston), he's the one I liked the least. He's still better than the rest of the tackles available though.

Do I think he could play LT? Absolutely. He's a former TE who will hold his own against many of the speed rushers and is strong enough to handle many of the bull rushers. He also is playing very well after injuring his knee last year, which is surprising. Usually, big guys like linemen have lingering effects of knee injuries and don't bounce back as quickly as he has. Right now, after Ferguson, he's shown that he's the top LT prospect.

I agree with your assesment on Winston. The reason I was asking is I see some draft pundits saying he might be a right tackle in the NFL.

I know he got off to a slow start this season due to his knee injury{Fla. St. game} but the games I've seen over the last month or so he looks damn good.

I would be happy if the Bills get any of those three guys.

I can't fully vouch for the following; it is just something I was told.....

A friend of mine owns 3 7/11 stores. He stated that D'Brickshaw's father has a big reigonal job for 7/11. He claims to know him well and further stated that his mother is a registered nurse. He said that they are a truly beautiful family.

He said that he has known the family for many years, and that D'Brickshaw is a nice, smart, well adjusted kid who has his head on straight.

If only there was a way.  :)

503442[/snapback]

You may have recalled hearing the name Elton Brown alot last year. He was picked by many to be the first guard drafted, then his stock plunged do due his work ethic and attitude. FWIW I was told by a few people that while at UVA it was Ferguson who kept EB in line throughout his college career. Seems pretty consistent with your post that he is a well adjusted person. All indications are that this guy is the real deal physically and mentally. And like you said if only there was a way.

Ferguson might as well go ahead and start looking at real estate in the houston area, because i have zero doubt thats where he is headed.

The only possible exception is if Leinert is on the board when houston picks and they are able to trade carr

Ferguson might as well go ahead and start looking at real estate in the houston area, because i have zero doubt thats where he is headed.

The only possible exception is if Leinert is on the board when houston picks and they are able to trade carr

506193[/snapback]

I'd still take Ferguson, if I were them. What's the use of drafting another QB at #1 just to get the snot pounded out of him on a weekly basis, until they get the line fixed?

(Hmmm... that sounds eerily familiar.....)

Do I think he could play LT?  Absolutely.  He's a former TE who will hold his own against many of the speed rushers and is strong enough to handle many of the bull rushers. 

504300[/snapback]

It would be pretty cool having two former TE playing the tackles. Would make Goal line situations pretty fun.

Depressingly familiar.

I'd still take Ferguson, if I were them. What's the use of drafting another QB at #1 just to get the snot pounded out of him on a weekly basis, until they get the line fixed?

506677[/snapback]

Other than Reggie Bush and maybe Matt Leinart, I think D'Brickashaw Ferguson is the best player in this draft........so far. There's always a chance someone like Ted Ginn would come out early (though I doubt it).

Who was the best player of the 05 draft? DeMarcus Ware?  :w00t:

508332[/snapback]

Ware? I think he's good, but I also think Derrick Johnson is doing a pretty good job in KC. And, let's not forget guys like Odell Thurman in Cincinnati and some kid from the University of Maryland. He was pretty awesome for the Terps last year. The name escapes me. I wish I could remember. Maybe if I could see some film of him playing now, it would come to me. Hmm...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.