The "Christian" right

Chilly

The reason why I put "Christian" in quotation marks is because I was referring to the people that do not seem to practice what they believe. 

499713[/snapback]

Actually, you didn't use quotation marks.

And, for future reference, No, I'm NOT Christian.

It's just I find it kind of ironic that "open-minded" people such as yourself allow an anti-conservative Christian bias to sneak into your mindsets. You justify this to yourself, and voila! Instant religious bigotry.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, shouldnt we ALL be held to the same standard?

499659[/snapback]

I think that if you are going to claim to be holier than thou, you ought to be holier than thou. You see, a thief who never claimed to be nothing more than a thief is just a thief. A thief who claims to be holy is a thief and a hypocrite. Not a different standard, just a more egregious crime.

rather than say they are "Closed On Christmas", companies now state they are "Closed On Dec. 25th".

I generally like to call those companies and ask them whats the special occasion?

499780[/snapback]

Did you ever think that maybe they do that not to hide the religious significance of the holiday but to avoid confusion for people who have no idea when christmas is?

It's just I find it kind of ironic that "open-minded" people such as yourself allow an anti-conservative Christian bias to sneak into your mindsets. You justify this to yourself, and voila! Instant religious bigotry.

499876[/snapback]

I know, this terrible persecution of christians has got to stop. Whoops, sorry, I meant to say that this terrible persecution complex of christians has got to stop. My bad.

I know, this terrible persecution of christians has got to stop.  Whoops, sorry, I meant to say that this terrible persecution complex of christians has got to stop.  My bad.

499885[/snapback]

Oh! So it's acceptable to generalise and bash Christians for what they believe, but if I were to say:

"Muslims are barbarians. They mistreat women and propagate violence and war."

-or-

"Jews are money-hungry power mongers"

I would be instantly castigated as a bigot and racist?

Hypocrisy, thy name is liberal elite.

are you serious?

499888[/snapback]

My church is sponsoring a family of refugees from the Sudan, they never heard of christmas. There is a guy on our soccer team from Gabon, has no idea what christmas is all about let alone the date. We have a temp from India, has no more idea when christ was born than I know when buddha was born.

Big world.

My church is sponsoring a family of refugees from the Sudan, they never heard of christmas.  There is a guy on our soccer team from Gabon, has no idea what christmas is all about let alone the date.  We have a temp from India, has no more idea when christ was born than I know when buddha was born.

Big world.

499913[/snapback]

Maybe in the Sudan and Gabon and India they should use the Dec. 25th angle.

Oh! So it's acceptable to generalise and bash Christians for what they believe, but if I were to say:

"Muslims are barbarians. They mistreat women and propagate violence and war."

-or-

"Jews are money-hungry power mongers"

I would be instantly castigated as a bigot and racist?

Hypocrisy, thy name is liberal elite.

499890[/snapback]

Yeah, that is what I said, its okay to bash christians.

Are christians unrepresented in any walk of life? Are they systematically discriminated against in this country? Are there laws preventing them from getting married? Are they being tied to fence posts and left to die because they are christians? Are they being dragged by a rope behind a pick-up truck? Sorry, I am not losing sleep over the pernicious problem of "christian bashing". The super majority acting like a powerless minority is sickening. Its like the biggest kid on the block wimpering in the corner because some other kid called him mean. The lottery winner asking for a loan.

Maybe in the Sudan and Gabon and India they should use the Dec. 25th angle.

499920[/snapback]

So if you are in America you have to know the christian calender? Interesting, I don't think that is in the citizenship exam. Should they also know how to say the rosary? A novina? The latin mass? The Notre Dame fight song? How christian do you have to be or understand to come here?

Progress of sorts. So easy for the young to fall into trouble. :wacko:

About a year now?

499918[/snapback]

21 months. He has lots of money, she likes to spend it. Drugs are a very good business I guess and somehow he never even comes close to getting arrested. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that he has friends on the force or somewhere.

Yeah, that is what I said, its okay to bash christians.

Are christians unrepresented in any walk of life?  Are they systematically discriminated against in this country?  Are there laws preventing them from getting married?  Are they being tied to fence posts and left to die because they are christians? Are they being dragged by a rope behind a pick-up truck?  Sorry, I am not losing sleep over the pernicious problem of "christian bashing".  The super majority acting like a powerless minority is sickening.  Its like the biggest kid on the block wimpering in the corner because some other kid called him mean.  The lottery winner asking for a loan.

499922[/snapback]

Matthew Sheppard was a pretty special case. It's not so much that he was killed because he was gay; he was killed because he happened to meet two psychotic drug addicts who went on a rampage.

So if you are in America you have to know the christian calender?  Interesting, I don't think that is in the citizenship exam.  Should they also know how to say the rosary?  A novina?  The latin mass?  The Notre Dame fight song?  How christian do you have to be or understand to come here?

499930[/snapback]

well let's see....if you are in America....do you let these people you speak of drive on the "other" side of the rode because that's what they do where they come from?

So if you are in America you have to know the christian calender?  Interesting, I don't think that is in the citizenship exam.  Should they also know how to say the rosary?  A novina?  The latin mass?  The Notre Dame fight song?  How christian do you have to be or understand to come here?

499930[/snapback]

By "Christian calender" do you mean the calendar, or the Christian holidays? Two different things, you know...and I think that, yes, knowing the calendar (as in 12 months, 30-31 days a month for the most part, seven days to the week, today's Nov. 10th, a Thursday, and get your ass to work) should be required for the citizenship exam.

I also think they should be required to understand that different people celebrate different holidays (so that some irate Arab isn't screaming obscenities at the local Safeway for being closed Christmas Day)...but that would disqualify most current citizens from citizenship. Which, upon reflection, is not necessarily all that bad an idea...

499876[/snapback]

Yes, I did, in the title of the thread. I had *HOPED* that people would be smart enough to pick up on that. My carpal tunnel doesn't like having to type tons of ". :wacko:

21 months.  He has lots of money, she likes to spend it.  Drugs are a very good business I guess and somehow he never even comes close to getting arrested.  If I didn't know better, I'd swear that he has friends on the force or somewhere.

499933[/snapback]

Maybe you know better.

Matthew Sheppard was a pretty special case.  It's not so much that he was killed because he was gay; he was killed because he happened to meet two psychotic drug addicts who went on a rampage.

499934[/snapback]

That seems to happen to a lot of gays.

How many christians were killed for being christians in the last year in the United States? The last two? Three?

I agree that persecuting christians is wrong, wrong, wrong. It is just not really much of a problem. Thankfully, I think racial violence and gay bashing are not as bad as they once were but still, much more of a problem than anti-christian violence. We are still waiting for the day when a black man is elected President of the United States. I think the waiting for a Christian President was over when Washington was elected.