Hey You NE Patsy Troll Chuckleheads!!!

IDBillzFan

My answer is that:

- I claimed that Donovan McNabb led the NFL in 2005 with 1.6 attempts over 40 yards in the air (well under your assessment that multiple QBs regularly throw 5-6 such passes per game), based on a statistical sample of 25 NFL QBs in '05.

- You claimed that he didn't.

- I asked you to defend that claim by positing proof that someone threw more such passes than McNabb.

So when you're ready, just go ahead and post it.  I'm not going to make a bet with you, because I could very well be wrong.  The stats I used excluded the QBs of 7 teams.  But just go ahead and post it if I am.

497943[/snapback]

Why do you get to decide that a "downfield pass" has to travel 40 yards? Personally, I think 30 yarders are deep, downfield passes as well. Your argument loses a lot of steam if you don't narrow it down to only hail mary passes.

CW

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you get to decide that a "downfield pass" has to travel 40 yards?  Personally, I think 30 yarders are deep, downfield passes as well.  Your argument loses a lot of steam if you don't narrow it down to only hail mary passes.

Back in the original debate of which this is a continuation, AKC actually classified it as longer (I think it was 50 yards or so?). But 40+ was the longest CNN/SI had to offer, so that's what I went with.

Back in the original debate of which this is a continuation, AKC actually classified it as longer (I think it was 50 yards or so?).  But 40+ was the longest CNN/SI had to offer, so that's what I went with.

497954[/snapback]

I must've missed that post (I thought I searched through the whole thing). My mistake.

40+ was the longest CNN/SI had to offer, so that's what I went with. "when I bagen fabricating false arguments based upon fake stats that I refuse to acknowledge now by accepting the bet offered to me that merely puts the burden to prove my statements false on someone else"

497954[/snapback]

I defend it because I have no better information.  Provide with some and I'll gladly retract.

497956[/snapback]

You keep telling the same lie- accept my bet and I'll show the whole string just how full of stojan you are.

If you so badly want to prove me wrong, POST YOUR STATS.  Save the sophomoric bets for the grammar school playground.  If you have the info that can prove me wrong, POST IT.  Otherwise, stop trolling.

497962[/snapback]

Scared? :devil:

If you have the info, post it.  No bet is needed, as the reward for both of us will be a more well-informed society.

497964[/snapback]

Soulless- Balless- Honorless-

Thank you for confirming for everyone at The Stadium Wall all the things I have accused Pat's fans of being for all these many years! You are the icon of their contemporary fan base- no understanding of football, no grasp of developing a coherent position an any subject, merely a bandwagoneer willing to perpetuate false information even when being put on notice that you're full of crap and will be exposed.

Scared?  :devil:

Not really. As I mentioned, a bet is not necessary because I do not hold my data as absolute. It contained statistics from just 25 of 32 teams. It's entirely possible that AKC could've obtained more thorough data, as he claims to have, and his positing it would shed more light on the situation for all of us. Why would I make a bet defending my own information when I recognize that it is incomplete?

no understanding of football

Who was it, again, that once argued that 5 to 6 deep throws per QB per game are common? You evidently weren't "watching the games" when you came to that absurd conclusion.

I contend that the league leader had 1.6 such passes per game last year. I realize that you claim to have different data, and I urge you to post it.

I contend that the league leader had 1.6 such passes per game last year.  I realize that you claim to have different data, and I urge you to post it.

497980[/snapback]

The league leader for the uninformed and dishonest may have had 1.6 passes of over 40 yards per game last season, but anyone with any ability to honestly discuss football knows that even Marc Bulger threw for more deep balls than Donovan McNabb in 2004.

But carry on your campaign of lies and ignorance, it goes far to exemplify the shame of being a bandwagoneer fan.

Why would I make a bet defending my own information when I recognize that it is incomplete?

497975[/snapback]

Translation:

"Why would I defend the things I say when I don't have any idea what I'm talking about"

The league leader for the uninformed and dishonest may have had 1.6 passes of over 40 yards per game last season, but anyone with any ability to honestly discuss football knows that even Marc Bulger threw for more deep balls than Donovan McNabb in 2004.

My statistical sample included Bulger, and he was listed as having 15 or fewer pass attempts over 40 yards in 2005. Again, if my data is inaccurate, I apologize, but I've yet seen no proof of its fault.